The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 10-08-2006, 06:04 PM   #211
9th Engineer
Bioengineer and aspiring lawer

After reading the last few entries in that thread I have no problem with saying that bmw has definately crossed over into the creep zone in my book. None the less, please ease off the coffee a tad Bri, you're only making his day by letting him know how pissed off you are.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #212
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Hmmmm...well at the rate this thread is degenerating I'm sure one of the bosses will have to close it fairly soon.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #213
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

But we don't really do that.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:01 PM   #214
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I know...but sometimes there's room for dictatorships.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #215
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Engineer

Look Brianna, I'm not sure how I can convince you at this point that bmw and I aren't sitting side-by-side and high-fiving each other when you get pissed off.
pssst, 9th. but you guys are PMing each other ^5s when Bri gets pissed right?

shhh, she's coming back...
Old 10-09-2006, 09:10 AM   #216
bmwmcaw

Children childern get a grip. 9th Eng, good luck trying to post the truth on this board. This place is all about PC. I bet if all the posters on this board played a game of softball there wouldn't be any winners. Don't want to hurt other people feelings. "Its a draw" so lets all go down to the fantasy malt shop and toast to our ignorance.

Let me know when they take off the training wheels around here.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:40 AM   #217
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmcaw
This place is all about PC.

This is about the funniest thing I have ever read!
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #218
Stormieweather
Wearing her bitch boots

You haven't looked around much in the Cellar, have you Beemer? "All about PC"....LOL ROFLMFAO
Old 10-09-2006, 10:04 AM   #219
bmwmcaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormieweather
You haven't looked around much in the Cellar, have you Beemer? "All about PC"....LOL ROFLMFAO
Your right.

I should have confined the label (for the time being) to this string. Yet, if these same posters, you included, talk the same kind of pointless yak on other strings then I stand by my label.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #220
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Your right.
"you'RE right" You're=you are. It's a contraction.
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 12:48 PM   #221
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Hey. *IF* I cared at all about a girl's sexuality, it would be about her future, not her history. You all have it sdrawkcab.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #222
Bullitt
This is a fully functional babe lair

I know I'm not the runnin around type, and if the girl I'm dating isn't either, then things are cool no matter how many she's been with in the past. I'm the present and if she's not a cheater then there's no reason to be apprehensive towards her and sex. Granted we've both been tested and whatnot.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:56 PM   #223
marichiko

Quote:
Children childern get a grip. 9th Eng, good luck trying to post the truth on this board. This place is all about PC. I bet if all the posters on this board played a game of softball there wouldn't be any winners. Don't want to hurt other people feelings. "Its a draw" so lets all go down to the fantasy malt shop and toast to our ignorance.

Let me know when they take off the training wheels around here.

Oh yeah, this place is so PC that we hardly dare to make posts here. EVERYONE here checks with their PC guru before they hit the "send" button.

You just have a problem with the fact that, on the Cellar, people are going tell you what they think in no uncertain terms. You can dish it out, but you can't take it. Go home, little boy, until you get old enough to play with the big kids.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:48 PM   #224
yesman065
Banned - Self Imposed

1) Research proves that there are more men than women fathering children to another while married. You alsomixed your info on the 30% that you quoted. There were 2 different studies one in which 30% of the women admitted to cheating or knowing a friend who cheated, and 30% of THOSE thought that the child born MIGHT not be their husbands.
2) I did my own research and conclude that women attempt to pick up men at bars at an almost equal rate. My test sample was quite small, relatively speaking, but nonetheless it was a sample.
3) Women and men can go indefinitely without sexual satisfaction - period. There is nothing NOTHING anywhere that hints proves or implies anything to the contrary - nothing credible anyway.
4) Women, I have learned, enjoy sex just for sex as much as men. Unfortunately they were so repressed by their male counterparts for so many years, decades and centuries that they were unable to express their own values, opinions and/or desires without severe repercussions from their male "controllers." (this is opinion), now that women are as outspoken as their male counterparts, many men cannot handle the supposed equality, they are fearful of women and intimidated by strong minded females. Hence the type of antiquated, broad-based BS that was spouted here earlier.
5)"Most men have sex for pure pleasure." On this point I agree - only problem is - that men are typically selfish and do it primarily for their own pleasure whereas women have been conditioned to be the "caretakers" of society typically sacrificed their own pleasure for their partner. Fortunately, that is not as common as it used to be and I stand by my statement earlier, that I will continue to do whatever I can to assure that my partner achieves all that she wants from our lovemaking. Maybe thats it - you say sex and I say lovemaking. There is a distinct difference to me. Most men, like you, just want to get off and miss most of the fun and the point - in my opinion.
6)"Men have out of body experiences at 100%." I have made love without achieving an orgasm and had little or no need to do so. Especially after round 2 or 3 - I derive more pleasure giving pleasure to my partner than receiving. And I have found a partner who feels the same way - therefore it is far more intimate than just getting laid or "having sex". Yes, I have heard of "fakin it" and I know the difference - (no need to get explicit) especially when there is no reason for it - we have that kind of honesty with each other.
7)". . .females claim to have and orgasm at only 20%." That was also incorrect - "A" Cosmo survey said that women only had orgasms 20% of the time during sex with strictly penile penetration ONLY- NO assistance. Not news sir - simply restates how inadequate and/or unfamiliar most men are with respect to the female body.

Last edited by yesman065; 10-10-2006 at 04:10 PM.
yesman065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:26 PM   #225
9th Engineer
Bioengineer and aspiring lawer

I think we can separate the question here into two components 1)Does your sexual history have relevance to your sexual future 2) Does everyone care about this.
My thoughts
2) Obviously no, we've more than established that here. This is the personal opinion part of it that's been throwing people off I think

1) I think the answer is yes once you remove the thoughts and feelings of anyone (including yourself) from the equation. We acknowledge that it is appropriate to look at the past to make educated guesses about the future, if this wasn't true we wouldn't have the justice system, banking and financial system, or education system we do.

So what people have been saying is a reflection of both of these put together which really boils down to your stance on #2. People who do say the history of their partner has no relevance to them are really saying that they don't care about what it says, most actually included the caviet "unless their history contains one of these senarios...". So they give up that even they would judge it in certain circumstances, which means that #1 must be true.