The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

8/10/2006: Jackson's chameleon with baby

No, actually it's Thursday but I have a better one lined up for tomorrow. Thumbs up for a Jackson's Chameleon with its offspring, and it's one of 22 bred recently at the Taronga Zoo. Neatorama points to the shot from the Sydney Morning Herald. The official cap:
Quote:
For the first time, Taronga Zoo has successfully bred the spectacular Jackson's Chameleon, with 22 of the little creatures doing extremely well. Only 4cm long, the young tree dwellers were introduced to the media late last month.
First time at the Taronga Zoo? I don't think so! IotD's 9/27/2002 entry is also a Jackson's Chameleon newborn, at the same zoo. Looking kind of like this one, though definitely not the same beast, and this is a better photo. Apparently that's what the little ones do, they perch on the forehead. Ironically, that may be the only place the chameleon can't move it's eyes to see it.

I like how the parent looks overjoyed, and the baby looks kinda angry.

Hey maybe you weren't following IotD in 2002 and so this will be new to you!

Cellar IotD congratulates Neatorama on his own recent newborn, a girl. His little one is surely much more beautiful than this one, and not so ash-colored.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote