The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 04-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #2086
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Oh she's a sweetiepie. I particularly like the one with her stretching right out lookin uber chilled.

I have a real soft spot for Bichons. Mum had one called Homer about 15 years ago. he was gorgeous. poor little baba had a congenital liver disorder and only lived to 4 but oh we all loved him. He was just such a character.

Bichon's are really funny dogs. Bloody clever too. They remind me a lot of collies in that respect.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #2087
SamIam

Dana, your baby fur face is just adorable! I looked at your pix links in my "psycho" thread, and they made me grin from ear to ear. Carrot is just too cute! Thank you for sharing his progress with us.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 PM   #2088
DanaC

He is a cutiepie that's for sure

This is not a vid of my pet. But it is very cute.

Want.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:20 AM   #2089
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

I have a hammock for a bed now and I'm not the only one who loves it!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #2090
glatt

Very interesting. I guess you don't sleep on your stomach much. You really like it?
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #2091
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Very interesting. I guess you don't sleep on your stomach much. You really like it?
I'm not a stomach sleeper. I like that it elevates my head (acid reflux) and that its like a nest. Plus it swings. So yes, I really do like it.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #2092
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78211543@N08/

These are my first uploads. I put a few of everyone up there. I will get better shots of Aesa, once she is more comfotable with me moving around. Right now she is worried I may go somewhere without her.

Last edited by Jaydaan; 05-08-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #2093
morethanpretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydaan View Post
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78211543@N08/

These are my first uploads. I put a few of everyone up there. I will get better shots of Aesa, once she is more comfotable with me moving around. Right now she is worried I may go somewhere without her.
I love boxers. They're very regal. Awesome pic Jaydaan!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:54 AM   #2094
DanaC

Oh she's a bonny lass!

Ya know, Jay, if you click on an individual photo on your stream, and then click the 'share' button it will display some HTML/BB Code. Copy the whlle thing and paste it straight into the postbox here and it will show the pic.

You don't need to click any image options, just cut and paste straight into the reply box. Worth just deleting the line that gives your email, just so it doesn't show. But post the pic first and you'll be able to see which of the lines were surplus anyway.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #2095
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I love boxers too! I sorta rescued one from my neighbor last year during all that extreme (they claim) weather. They are NOT outdoor dogs! I kept him until this spring, when I graciously allowed them to take him back. Mostly because the poop was piling up! Now the fleas are out and he's tied in the yard again. Poor doggy!

I want two more, to keep each other company. And to give them something to chase after. They so love to run! And run! and Run! A laser was a favorite toy! I sent it all over the yard just ahead of the dog ad he chased it until he dropped of exhaustion! I heartily recommend wind sprints as a form of exercise for these energetic dogs.

You will find that they will become your shadow and will not allow you out of their sight. They are loving and affectionate and intelligent, but strong willed. They are also leery of strangers, but not aggressive unless trained that way. They just prefer to stand back for a while and check out strangers from a safe distance.

If you get them as a puppy, you can teach them to be friendly, but they tend to come as a blank slate. Chase stuff, eat stuff and sleep is about all they know.

I love boxers!

They will fill your life with joy, and a little exasperation! The only bad news is, they are prone to cancer. And they snore, if you are a light sleeper. I thought it was cute, but some don't. YMMV.

Enjoy your furkids! They look adorable!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #2096
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Dani, are they the same as English Boxers?
Bonny yes, no criticism meant. Just not exactly what I was expecting.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #2097
DanaC

Oh aye, there's very little difference between UK and US Boxers, certainly not in terms of breed standards and specs.

That brindle colour is quite unusual though. Tend to see the reddish brown ones more often than the brindle, but I think that's across the board. Bit like brown beardies. They're there, but people automatically think of the blue and slate colouring. Likewise people tend to think of the reddish brown colour boxers.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #2098
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

There you go.
I had a friend with a boxer when I was 8? 9? so my memory is not all that reliable.
Things look different when you're that wee

MTP - are you on medication for your acid reflux?
If not, please do so - there is no reason to suffer it. I've had it, it's agony.
First you need to be tested for Helicobacter pylori and if you don't have it you need to be on a proton pump inhibitor. I'm on Lansoprazole and it's improved my life no end.

Last edited by Sundae; 05-09-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #2099
DanaC

Talking of pets....

I just found a little puppy molar on my floor :p

First one.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #2100
Jaydaan
Knight of the Oval-Shaped Conference Table

My husband and I rescued Freya when she was 11 months old. We had her 4 years and 4 days. She passed on due to Boxer Cardiomyopathy, the nastier side of it, at that. Freya was not quite your typical boxer. She was more quiet, skitish and nervous than most dogs. This was because of what ever had happened to her before we got her. She was a scaredy cat right up til the day she passed on. She was also the most loving, gentle girl in the whole world. She would play, but she played much gentler. Her best friend was a small pappion/heeler cross. Freya would lay down, so the little one could play with her.

Loki, we got as a 4 month old puppy, and he has turned out to be such a dork! We love him dearly. He has such a sense of humour, and loves to snuggle. He is big for his breed, so the vet says, and so far no indication of a heart murmmur.

Aesa is a sweetie, she is about 1.5 years old, maybe closer to 2. She is TINY compared to Freya and Loki, and much more assertive with her play style. She sounds like she is about to rip you to pieces, and yet she is just all talk. You call her, or clap your hands, and she stops and looks at you. You remind her of the house rules and chances are, she will sit down and then bark once at you. She is a sassy teenager!

All 3 are/were our shadows, our constant companions and the loves of our lives. Freya and Loki are/were condsidered to be "flashy brindles", Aesa is just brindle. She has a full black mask (except a few white hairs on her nose, that make her look like she has a dirt smudge)

Over half the boxers in our area are brindles, while the fawn (light brown with black faces and white tummies) is still the "mascot" of the breed. More and more people are also raising the white boxers as well. If fact, 2 doors down from me, they have a white female, and a dark black/brown flashy brindle male. I can see them from my dining room window as I type. I can't wait until Aesa is more climatized, and we can have play dates. Just think 4 boxers under 2 running around at the same time!
Jaydaan is offline   Reply With Quote