The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
merchandise return advice TARGET

OK I was at target and had both of the children and needed some baby items. While there I saw some dress shirts that I liked and tried one on, Surprisingly, it fit despite my simian arm length (btw, sorry to report there is no extra long correspondance with other body parts for those of you who are keeping up with the thread I am too whatever to link to)

So I did what Target hoped and I bought one of each in each color that I thought looked good on me. ~4 or 5 shirts.

Get home, wash, dry, try on. OH yeah, I forgot different colorways are often made in different countries or factories despite being the "same shirt and style"

So now only one still fits and the others have those frigging cuffs riding up my forearms. I was going to return them and my wife says they won't take them back. So I countered with: I'll starch and iron them. She laughed.

Their website is vague with "unused condition" I never used them, I just washed them...

I'm not sure whether I want to make the trip (45 minutes) if they are going to hassle me.

Any experience with returns at Target?
Old 10-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #2
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Shouldn't be a problem at all. I've returned al sorts of stuff in all sorts of conditions.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
Juniper
I know, right?

They'll take them back. I worked at Target a few years ago, and their return policy is surprisingly lenient. Just tell them that the shirts are defective - shrunk too much when washed. Target will donate them to Goodwill. If you don't have your receipt, and you paid by credit card, they can look it up just by scanning that credit card, even if it's not theirs. I love Target, can you tell?

Oh and BTW my hubby has the same trouble with shirt sleeves. If you ever figure out a good place to shop, let me know; he hasn't had a long sleeve shirt that fit him for a very long time.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Note that you must have the receipt, or have paid by credit card. Otherwise, they will give you hell.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Most stores will return without a receipt but will only give store credit.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Target has recently changed their policies because of people abusing the system. (Just hope Flint doesn't see this thread...) If you are trying to return without a receipt, they will only do it for an exchange, for a product from the same department, and only twice a year per customer, for a limit of $20 on each return. Why yes, I did try to return some ugly baby gifts without receipts recently, why do you ask?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
monster
I hear them call the tide

Your Targets are nicer than ours. I guess it's not lying to claim they are defective, though -after washing only 1 shirt has the right length sleeves and as they are the same size and design, the other 4 must've shrunk.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:18 PM   #8
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
OK I was at target and had both of the children and needed some baby items. While there I saw some dress shirts that I liked and tried one on, Surprisingly, it fit despite my simian arm length (btw, sorry to report there is no extra long correspondance with other body parts for those of you who are keeping up with the thread I am too whatever to link to)
--snip
Ha.

Define "simian" you capuchin poser. Imperial or metric, tip to tip. I want a picture too. You know how to drive a tape measure *and* a camera. I demand proof.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
Cloud

I've returned loads of things to Target with nary a murmur. Not washed stuff, though.

Yes, it's worth a try.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #10
Juniper
I know, right?

Our Target will return without a receipt -- especially clothing, because it's obvious it's Target merchandise and not from a different store. But if it's gone on sale since then they can only give you the lowest sale price.

But if they do just give you store credit, not a big deal. They sell food at most Targets, so just stock up on Diet Coke and Cheezits.
Juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Ha.

Define "simian" you capuchin poser. Imperial or metric, tip to tip. I want a picture too. You know how to drive a tape measure *and* a camera. I demand proof.
Getting my tripod out for the self portrait. Also been practicing my "jerky Boys" routine:

"you wanna receipt? I got all that shit tough guy..."

coming right up. pics momentarily...

height is 72 inches, wingspan is 76 inches

Last edited by footfootfoot; 10-08-2008 at 07:27 PM.
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:16 PM   #12
jinx
Come on, cat.

I've returned a pair of sneakers purchased at an outlet to Strawbridge's (got a pair of purple suede shoes in exchange), and returned an old, dead battery to Pep Boys - new battery.

Just keep repeating "not acceptable" until they submit to your will.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:36 PM   #13
monster
I hear them call the tide

nice.

prolly more efficient to just kick 'em in the cunt, though...
Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 PM   #14
dar512
dar512 is now Pete Zicato

Oh, I don't think so. Jinx gets her return. And they 'feel' like they've been kicked in the cunt. Best of both worlds.

BTW. Don't mess with Jinx.