Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 07-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #1
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Don't Watch Children

You will be misunderstood. At best.

Couldn't help it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
glatt

Don't Watch Children

Hee hee!
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Good advice.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
monster
I hear them call the tide

A watched brat never boils
Old 07-02-2014, 04:18 AM   #5
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Saw a little girl fall from a climbing frame in Wharfedale Park just the other day.
Before she fell she called out "Daddy! Help!" Twice. My guess is she had a younger sibling rather than a Dad who wasn't watching her out of boredom, because she called out in the expectation of being saved.

It was obvious she realised her arms weren't going to hold out, but she did her best. I'd put her at about four years old.
She fell easily six feet, bounced, and properly smacked her face on the floor, although her arms and knees took the immediate impact.

Hand over mouth she ran off, to (I assume) look for Daddy.
No tears, no screams.
Mum was furious. Wanted to go down and check she was okay and also have a word with Dad.
Meh. Not our problem. We were walking on the path above the playground. By the time we got down to it, the drama would have been over. And neither of us saw any blood. The ground is coated in that sprung surface that absorbs shocks. Different if it happens in front of you of course.

And you do not get involved in other people's parenting unless you want a smack in the chops. Blood or obvious injuries would have been a different story, I'd have vaulted over the flowerbeds even though other people were closer. I liked her spirit.

DO watch children.
And just hope what you see as a non-parent is lovely and funny and entertaining. Because you can do bugger all about the rest.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Well, at least you didn't point and laugh.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote