The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

View Poll Results: Your Parenting Status?
Female No kids by choice 4 18.18%
Male no kids by choice 4 18.18%
Female no kids yet 0 0%
Male no kids yet 0 0%
Female no kids -maybe wanted just never happened 1 4.55%
Male no kids -maybe wanted just never happened 1 4.55%
Female have biological kids only 1 4.55%
Male Have biological kids only 7 31.82%
Female have step kids only 0 0%
Male have step kids only 1 4.55%
Female have adopted kids only 0 0%
Male have adopted kids only 1 4.55%
Female have mix of bio/step/adopted kids 1 4.55%
Male have mix of bio/step/adopted kids 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2017, 10:12 AM   #16
bbro
Insert witty comment here

I am multiple right now. I don't have kids. I don't think I want kids, but being perpetually single, I don't know if that will change if I meet someone soon. I doubt it, but it's a possibility. Besides - only 3 years left until I'm 40 and then, regardless, these tubes are getting tied.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #17
Charise Chisolm
Kinda New Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbro View Post
I am multiple right now. I don't have kids. I don't think I want kids, but being perpetually single, I don't know if that will change if I meet someone soon. I doubt it, but it's a possibility. Besides - only 3 years left until I'm 40 and then, regardless, these tubes are getting tied.
Same here. I may be just 23, but I really don't want kids and I can't see myself having any. Maybe, just maybe, if I do meet someone this might happen, but honestly if at any point in the future I will feel the desire to have kids I'd rather adopt.
Charise Chisolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:49 PM   #18
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

That'll change.

Not whether you'll want kids, you may or may not. Lots of people don't. But "if at any point" in the future you do want kids, I promise on a stack of Bibles that the kids you will want will be your own. The whole biological impulse is around the fact that they're yours. If you have the impulse, you have the whole impulse, not just an intellectualized morally superior version of the impulse.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:59 AM   #19
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

SPAM
Old 03-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #20
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
That'll change.

Not whether you'll want kids, you may or may not. Lots of people don't. But "if at any point" in the future you do want kids, I promise on a stack of Bibles that the kids you will want will be your own. The whole biological impulse is around the fact that they're yours. If you have the impulse, you have the whole impulse, not just an intellectualized morally superior version of the impulse.
Why not?

Perhaps she doesn't want to give birth, or carry a child.

Perhaps she can't give birth, or get pregnant, or carry a child.

There has to be more reasons to have that 'version of the impulse' than I could even come up with, being a guy and all.

Maybe she's a guy. If she doesn't have the gear to produce children, is her impulse still an "intellectualized, morally superior version of the impulse"?

Maybe she's adopted, and wants to pay it forward, so to speak.

My aunt, who was adopted, couldn't have children, and would love to have had her own, but, she has fostered literally dozens of children. She didn't adopt any of them, but all but six chose to stay with her through adulthood. And they still treat her like their mother.

There has to be many, many reasons for one to have that "intellectualized morally superior version of the impulse".

Has to be.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.

Last edited by Gravdigr; 03-23-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #21
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

You can marry into kids too. I had two stepkids for five years before I had a biological child.

Not saying I carried and delivered the child when I say 'I had'.. Duh.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #22
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr
Perhaps she doesn't want to give birth, or carry a child.

Perhaps she can't give birth, or get pregnant, or carry a child.

There has to be more reasons to have that 'version of the impulse' than I could even come up with, being a guy and all.

Maybe she's a guy. If she doesn't have the gear to produce children, is her impulse still an "intellectualized, morally superior version of the impulse"?

Maybe she's adopted, and wants to pay it forward, so to speak.

My aunt, who was adopted, couldn't have children, and would love to have had her own, but, she has fostered literally dozens of children. She didn't adopt any of them, but all but six chose to stay with her through adulthood. And they still treat her like their mother.

There has to be many, many reasons for one to have that "intellectualized morally superior version of the impulse".

Has to be.

Except she very clearly said, "I really don't want kids."

You're right, she might be a dude, but Charise is a woman's name, so I took that at face value. I could be wrong, sure, about all of it. I got a vibe, is all. The "I don't want kids, but if I did I'd be a better person about it than all you people who do want kids" is fairly common among 23-year-old women. And young gay men, for that matter. The kind of people who refer to people with kids as "breeders."

And like I said, it's totally cool if she doesn't want kids. And it's totally cool if she changes her mind. Life's going to happen to her, one way or the other, so whatever.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #23
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You're a very quick judger.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:54 AM   #24
Clodfobble

Perhaps it's because women receive more comments about the "right" way to have kids than childless men do. It's a whole thing.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:57 AM   #25
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Not a woman thing, in general, but I see you edited your signature. . How come?
Old 03-24-2017, 06:22 PM   #26
Clodfobble

Paying very close attention there... It was just because I haven't updated it in almost a year, and I don't foresee doing so within the next year, if ever. It pays for its own hosting fees, so I'll keep it alive, but I don't have time to take and edit pictures anymore. I have a book to finish writing.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:22 PM   #27
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Paying very close attention there... It was just because I haven't updated it in almost a year, and I don't foresee doing so within the next year, if ever. It pays for its own hosting fees, so I'll keep it alive, but I don't have time to take and edit pictures anymore. I have a book to finish writing.
I see, this makes me happy! WTG, Clod!
Old 03-26-2017, 11:26 PM   #28
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Ghost writers in the sky.
Write 'em up, print 'em out.
Move on to fame, MS hide.
Ghost writers in the sky.