The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #16
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

I've seen that before, and as I recall, the kid did NOT die. they play it several times over in the video, and he catches a face full of rear bumper, and gets yanked off the door he had swung out on....but you don't see any blood, or anything like that. he probably took a broken jaw, and possibly neck.

regardless: It's not nice to laugh at retards. not even mean retards.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:39 AM   #17
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Wow, it looked like a smashed head to me. Glad not.

Though, wp was waxing on the premise that kid was smashy-head.

As you were...
Old 10-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #18
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepirate View Post
(No blood, or spattered brains or anything)

maybe you read it too fast
Old 10-30-2008, 10:42 AM   #19
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee123 View Post
... since apparently the cost of the stupidity of youth is instant death in which you can't even have a decent open-casket funeral.

Will you be my waffle-headed wife? lol
I know Ive had a few close calls...but I was lucky. Sometime life just isnt forgiving. Sometimes being stupid can kill you.
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:45 AM   #20
glatt

Did I ever mention the time I was a teenager and my friend and I tried to get rid of a stump by pouring gasoline all over it and throwing a match at it? Then, when it wasn't burning enough, my friend poured gasoline directly from the tank onto the open flame? But I was never stupid in my youth.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #21
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
maybe you read it too fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepirate View Post
Ok let me ruin any suprises for anyone who hasn't seen this...

In the following video, a group of teenage boys in a car are video taping one boy opening the car door to kit a cyclist they are passing.
The boy holding the door swings out of the car by mistake after hitting the cyclist, and hits a parked car head first. (No blood, or spattered brains or anything)

The friend who showed me this clip assured me that the boy in the video was dead (she heard it... somewhere)
I can only imagine that at his funeral his friends and family remembered him as "A great guy who was always ready for a laugh" instead of a thoughtless jerk he undoubtedly was, when he was plucked so willingly from the gene pool.

I can't lie, if that was *me* on the bike, I'd have been laughing my BUTT off when he hit the car... The kid was an idiot, along with all his idiot friends, and he *deserved* to get hurt.

Your thoughts?
I may have read that part too fast, but I was dwelling on this part! :p

edit: I took it to mean you couldn't see blood or brains in the video...but watching the video it sure seems to me it would do some hurtin' on a skull.

Last edited by Shawnee123; 10-30-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: clarify
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #22
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt
Did I ever mention the time I was a teenager and my friend and I tried to get rid of a stump by pouring gasoline all over it and throwing a match at it? Then, when it wasn't burning enough, my friend poured gasoline directly from the tank onto the open flame? But I was never stupid in my youth.
Sure, and I was once literally inches away from getting run over by a motorcycle because I darted out into the road like a moron. But there's a difference between being stupid and being malicious. This kid wasn't doing something dumb to himself a la "Jackass," he was deliberately trying to injure a bicyclist for the fun of it. That's not a prank to me, that's very different.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #23
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

let's look at this from a kids POV. he wasn't trying to INJURE anyone. it was apparently kids on the way home from school, and the kid swatted another kid on the ass as they drove by. hitting him hard enough to injure him in that way probably would have broken his arm. the problem was that the driver swerved and the kid lost balance, and then he swerved again, tossing him right into a parked car.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #24
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Sure, and I was once literally inches away from getting run over by a motorcycle because I darted out into the road like a moron. But there's a difference between being stupid and being malicious. This kid wasn't doing something dumb to himself a la "Jackass," he was deliberately trying to injure a bicyclist for the fun of it. That's not a prank to me, that's very different.
AHA - the point I was about to make.
I don't think the kid deserved the payoff - I'm against the death penalty after all.

But to me it's a long way from just being stupid.
Leaning out of a train window is stupid (with potentially similar consequnces, which is why you can't opn them now).
Deliberately doing something to injure another person for your own amusement is not stupidity. I can only hope there are three less malicious people in the world now - because his friends changed their idea about physical injury being funny after something bad happened to their friend.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:00 PM   #25
Clodfobble

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim
it was apparently kids on the way home from school, and the kid swatted another kid on the ass as they drove by.
Perhaps I misunderstood then. I thought the intention of the prank was to open the car door into the biker as they passed, knocking him off his bike at a minimum of 30 mph.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #26
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

no, if you watch, he leans out the door....past the door, by holding onto the open window and reaches out and smacks the kid in the red shirt on the ass. but, then, he loses balance, and the door swings out, and he falls.....chin first into a parked car's bumper.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #27
Clodfobble

Yeah, I saw the impact, but crap was moving too fast for me to follow what was happening before that.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:11 AM   #28
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I'm not sure whether the intent was to hit cyclists with the car door or by hand. Surely the most likely to cause injury to the smacker would be to hit them personally - arm extended outside of the door would take the impact, while the door would be providing an ongoing force. Really badly expressed, perhaps someone could do better. I think it's more likely that the door was intended to take the hit, but the driver would surely have had an issue with damage in that case.

Anyway, even the slightest pat to a cyclist can result in injury - just falling off your bike can leave inches of skin on the road (major ouchie!) and depending on how you land, broken ribs and collar bones are not uncommon. I know from being friends/ related to cyclists.

However they were hoping to disrupt the cyclists' trips, it was still unacceptable and dangerous rather than amusing.