The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 05-02-2012, 01:57 AM   #1
Ibby
erika

The "Guess Erika's Sig Quote" Thread

The topmost quote in my profile for the past little while has been, consistently, lyrical quotations that have been going through my head lately. Until, well, just now, for example, it was a quote from Alabama 3's song Woke Up This Morning (which was, remixed, used as the theme to The Sopranos).

But, as I've struggled with for years, not everyone comes from the same musical background as I do, and so it's certainly easy to miss the references my sig makes, both to the music I reference and, therefore, to the emotional and cultural context of the quotes I post. So here's a place for me to both tout my obscure musical pretension, and to help contextualize the way I use music and lyrical references, in social media, to define my emotion state.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #2
Ibby
erika

My newest lyrical portion of my signature reads as follows:
Quote:
He lay, pressing it against his throat. He opened his throat. His vocal chords started shooting like mad pituitary glands. The scream he made was so high pitched that nobody heard, no one heard that cry, no one heard the butterfly flapping in his throat.
Feel free to google it and listen to the song if you like. But, if you haven't "cheated" and searched for it: name that tune! I'll try and get in the habit of quoting it here if for no better reason than to keep a record of what it is i've changed my sigline to. It's always emotionally, or at least musically, relevant in some way to me what I insert as my signature. Sometimes it might be no more relevant than "i can't stop listening to it and I love it", and sometimes it might be one of the best lyrical expressions of what I'm struggling with and feeling personally. But either way, I want to give other people as much opportunity to talk about ME ME ME ME ME as I can, like any vain young'un.
So, QUICK! do you recognize it?