The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 04-19-2007, 01:09 AM   #46
Beestie
-◊|≡·∙■·∙≡|◊-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
I want to try it, but I dont want to make my girlfr-... uh, best friend mad at me.
I wouldn't waste your time practicing being PW'd. There will be plenty of OJT for that.

You want to celebrate? Then celebrate. Whilst you still can.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #47
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

"God made beer to make us happy " Ben F.

I feel the same about pot !!!

IB , do what you feel is right , morialy and spirityaly ( spelln')

RK , in 96 my Mother was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer( the day AFTER my birthday) they tried HARD kemo and radiation , opened her up said SHIT !!!! She had 3 months TOPS to live ( she was diagnosed on on 9/11 and she died on 12/26) After the kemo , Rad and surgery she said "FUCK ALL this SHIT , if this is my time then this is my time !!"
A close friend of hers was a nurse , she was indespenceble thru ALL this !! Annyhow , after ALL this hate and discontent I asked Nancy ( the nurse ) " I heard that Pot can help relive pain and anxiety " she said ( and I quote ) " Releves pain , anxiety , and gives her the munchies . ( Mom was haveing problems eating at this point ) OK see if she wants to try it " She did try , and it DID help !!
Weird smokeing a joint with your Mom though !!!
She eventualy went so far down she went into the hospitol to be sedated while she waited for the end , they knocked her out , and she slept thru the nite , then woke up in the am and had one LAST coherent day ( ALL the extended family came that day ) , later that afternoon she started fadeing in and out and , when she was with us she wanted a coke a bag of plain chips and a cig , i disconnected the oxegen and let her have a smoke and a snack , she was happy and looked up at me and said " so do you have a joint with you ??? " I did , we smoked it , she smiled and went to sleep , 3 days later she died .

The thing that got me was she smiled and went to sleep!!!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:31 AM   #48
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
I know I'm not like, FORBIDDEN from doing it for ANY reason (except, you know, the LAW, like I care) but I told myself I wouldnt. I want to hold myself to that, but at the same time... I dont.

I dunno what to do.
You're in a communist country, dude. They could cane you or send you to one of those foreign prisons like in Midnight Express. No diplomatic immunity for you, American Pig Dog Imperalist Junkie!

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:34 AM   #49
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage View Post
I hate that I used to love to listen to Dark Side when I got high. Used to put on fractals and just relax.
When I used to get high (I had to walk uphill both ways in a snowstorm to score an ounce of weed that would set me back a WHOLE FORTY DOLLARS) we didn't have fractals. We had to make do with our own imagined visualizations. Or an out-of-focus ViewMaster projector. Or whatever we had handy.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:01 AM   #50
rkzenrage

Well, back in tha' day.. sure.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:14 AM   #51
Ibby
erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
You're in a communist country, dude. They could cane you or send you to one of those foreign prisons like in Midnight Express. No diplomatic immunity for you, American Pig Dog Imperalist Junkie!
After fighting Mao for twenty or thirty years (30s - 50s), the Taiwans (cant call them taiwanese cause that means the ones who were already here... no joke, technical political term is 'taiwans') would be preeeetty pissed at you for saying that.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:33 AM   #52
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

If you do decide to do it, don't raise your expectations too high. I've known quite a few people who were horribly sick their first time (and it put about a third of them off ever trying it again). I think it's because they weren't feeling what they expected quickly enough, so they tried some more and then some more. And then were sick and fell asleep!

Just make sure you are somewhere secure where you can relax - not because there's a danger of you freaking out, but because your guard will be down and it's better to be safe.

There are common elements to being stoned in the same way there are common elements to being drunk - you don't know exactly how you'll react so take it slowly, discover it for yourself and enjoy it.

I'm not very musically astute, so anything with close harmonies and guitars fills me with intense pleasure stoned. I'll have incredible insights about bubblegum pop that I can never quite remember afterwards.

I actually prefer watching familiar comedy to listening to music. My stoned position is semi reclined with a dopey smile and half closed eyes. I'll often sway gently from side to side and repeat words and phrases from the TV or conversation in the room - 10 minutes late and totally out of context. From the outside I appear totally wasted, but I do know my own personal limits - I just retreat into myself quite quickly and then stay there and enjoy it.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:56 AM   #53
ravenranter
Mystical Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf View Post
When I used to get high (I had to walk uphill both ways in a snowstorm to score an ounce of weed that would set me back a WHOLE FORTY DOLLARS) we didn't have fractals. We had to make do with our own imagined visualizations. Or an out-of-focus ViewMaster projector. Or whatever we had handy.
Don't forget the strobe lights, the blacklights and those classic blacklight posters: 1.) The panther on the branch and 2.) New York City and The Statue of Liberty overgrown by a jungle.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #54
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Music-wise, I'd recommend late 60s/early 70s Miles Davis: Miles in the Sky, Nefertiti, In a Silent Way, Bitches Brew. And maybe some Aphex Twin.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:50 AM   #55
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Anything by Steely Dan is good for smokin'

Then again, I like to hear some old stuff like Baby Elephant Walk by Mancini, or any of the Dionne Warwick doing Bacharach and David songs.

Listened to Floyd's Ummagumma once in college when I was oh so stoned. I vaguely remember what I think was "Several Species of Small Furry Animals..." and you could hear creatures running around in a forest or something. It was a trip.

Jazzy is good. Not fake Kenny G type jazz (he just plays the scales over and over) but artists like Najee or Tom Scott.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #56
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I would just like to say that you're all a bunch of dirty hippies.

Carry on.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 PM   #57
rkzenrage

Can I crash on your couch.. got anything to eat, some change?
Old 04-19-2007, 01:51 PM   #58
Cloud

Hippies-- you know, it's strange. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area. I was 11 years old in the Summer of Love. But after that, people said, "there are no real hippies" anymore, because of course the "scene" at Haight-Ashbury degenerated when all that was left were the hard-core druggies. And yet, and yet --- they seem to linger on.

I was too young to participate, except vicariously, at the time. I saw the Grateful Dead three times; I went to a concert at the Fillmore West, I rode a plane with Janis Joplin. I was present for the birth of FM radio. I didn't drink alcohol on a regular basis until I was well into my 20s (cause I didn't need it--there were better things). I dropped out and tuned in.

and yet . . . my daughter, age 24, considers herself a hippie. Strange
Old 04-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #59
Perry Winkle
Esnohplad Semaj Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
and yet . . . my daughter, age 24, considers herself a hippie. Strange
There are many, many flavors of hippieness now: granola, throw-back, yogic, food, tech, and more that I can't think of. Rock 'n Roll and Hippies are here for the rest of the ride.
Perry Winkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #60
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote