The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Health

Health Keeping your body well enough to support your head

Old 04-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #76
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Wow, four posts in 3 years!

Settle down there, motormouth.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #77
glatt

Hi, LabRat!

*waves*
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #78
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

LABRAT!!!!!!!! Hello.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #79
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

LABRAT we missed you!!!
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #80
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Wow, hiya LabRat, great to see you around again. Welcome back!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #81
monster
I hear them call the tide

and unhijack? Back to Zumba today -between two 2-hour weeding gigs.....
Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #82
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

Sorry, not trying to hijack just help.
Monster, (or anyone) here is a great video for core strength. I used it after the kid was born, and still use it today, 9 years later! I love it. It has two 20 minute sessions. The first time I did it, I could barely do most of the moves of the first session alone for the length of time that she did. The next day I could hardly breathe I was so sore. Worth every penny!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #83
monster

still working at it, very busy with other shit now, but paying way too much for a gym and the reward of the whirpool spa each visit is keeping me going at least twice a week. Still doing the swimming in 300y setts and i've managed to speed up significantly. This is good because I was getting bored with just getting in and hammering out a mile. Mostly i've only swum half miles recently, but after doing a class or weight training.

There's a summer fitness challenge going on right now, where you get a "bingo card" with 25 different things to do and can cross off one square a day (if you do that thing on that day). If you get 10 squares in the month you get entered into prize-drawings. I plan to use this to jog me into expanding/changing my repertoire and making effort to get there more often. I'll easily go 10 days, but wouldn't necessarily manage to cross off 10 different squares if I didn't change it up a bit.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #84
limey

I've just started using an iPod shuffle in a waterproof box to listen to audiobooks as I swim ... So now I couldn't tell you how many lengths I've swum, but how many chapters! (Currently listening to Cannery Row, quite a watery book ...)
Old 05-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #85
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

I think they make a little thing that can hang down in the water to count laps. I seem to always lose track of how many laps I've swum, so I just wear my watch and start the chronograph when I start swimming a longer set. I know I swim an average of 50 yards/min so I periodically check it to see where I am at. It works well, and it's interesting to see that some days when I feel fast, I'm still slow, or when I fell crappy, I'm actually not as slow as I thought.

This weekend I swam a mile straight for the first time ever. I was really pumped!! Poor Red heard about it all weekend, LOL. I try to get an average of 2000 yards per session, but that's including warmups, drills, various sets and a cool down. My goal was 20 laps straight, but I was feeling really good at that point and decided to try for 25, then 30, then 35.

Woot!!

Monster, when I was in college, the University Wellness center ran a program that you kept track of how many yards you swam, and the goal was to swim to Cuba during the semester. My workout buddy and I made the 90 miles, and earned a T-shirt. It was incredibly motivating, especially because we swam in the mornings, usually when the swim team was practicing. Those guys could kick faster than I could swim at that time. Seriously.

Last edited by LabRat; 05-07-2012 at 10:19 AM.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #86
monster

I have no problem counting laps -can't stop myself and no problem with motivation to swim. Just time constraints. WTG on your mile, I plan to swim one this aftenoon, once I've finished my paperwork.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #87
monster

Only managed the half mile yesterday due to time constraints, but today I did the full mile, non-stop -not even to defog goggles- half breast, half freee in 42 minutes. am pleased. Coulda kept going for a long time, I think, so maybe need to swim faster next time..... or put in more freestyle
Old 05-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #88
limey

Well done you! I did abt 3/4 mile and 7 chapters yesterday! Swam all through the party Mac and the boys threw for Doc at Western Marine Supplies ....
Old 05-09-2012, 08:13 AM   #89
monster

Oh Randy Wayne White! I loved that series.

Off to try a new class RFN
Old 08-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #90
bbro
Insert witty comment here

Resurrecting this thread, because, well, I am on a 2 week streak of going to the gym Mon-Fri and working out. This, sadly, is the longest streak I have had. According to my tracking, I am burning about 1900 calories a week. Which means I get to eat more than I normally would while trying to lose weight. The first week, I lost four pounds. This past week, only .2 - I kind of blame Mother Nature and water weight.

I also haven't had a cigarette or a drink in that time. Not that I think I have a major problem, but it was bordering on it. I also put myself on a strict budget to try and pay off credit cards, so there is no money for going out. I tell you what, though - I am bored as crap. The one good thing about the gym is I am usually tired by 930/10 at night, so the temptation isn't too bad. But the weekends SUUUUUCK - lol

Last few weeks in a nutshell
bbro is offline   Reply With Quote