The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-13-2017, 10:58 PM   #6406
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

That's the trouble with those charts, they assume it's a normal pay. I would go on field trips sometimes and work 13x7 so there would be all kinds of time and a half and double time My gross would be double but the net barely budged because of those damn charts. Oh well, it'll pay for your birthday present anyway.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:16 AM   #6407
glatt

Yeah, but when you get a big paycheck and they take a lot out, some will come back as a refund when you file in April.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:41 AM   #6408
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

I suppose it's puzzling more than irritating but I reserve the right to be irritated.
This morning I went off to the nearby town for the weekly grocery shop and arrived at 0745 as usual.
Traffic was light, the supermarket car park was only about ten per cent occupied and I always park in a far corner as it's convenient for the exit.
Also I have a reasonable expectation of being able to fling the car doors open without worrying about other people's paint work while I load up. Except for this morning.
Having wended my way back to the car there, wedged right up close to it, was a Nissan Juke.
There were acres of space so what in the name of sanity possessed the other party to park next to me?
I should point out that I am not car proud. I drive a 1992 (that's not a typo) VW Passat and it's USP is that it goes.
In all honesty I'm surprised that anyone would want to park next to it.
Is there some sort of primeval herd instinct at work here?
Does David Attenborough have any theories?
Old 12-28-2017, 09:02 AM   #6409
monster
I hear them call the tide

Yes
Old 12-28-2017, 09:38 AM   #6410
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

"I want to park in a remote corner, but not alone."
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #6411
Carruthers
Junior Master Dwellar

The driver of the other vehicle had made only a cursory effort to scrape the frost from his windows.
It occurs to me that he may have attempted to park in my space but somehow missed.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:09 AM   #6412
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I got the same thing yesterday at the supermarket. Lately I've been using the handicapped spots with a large marked off space in between for side ramps, because I have to open my door all the way to get in and out for the time being. When I came out someone had parked in that marked off space, a little over a foot away, even though there was nobody in the legal space on the other side of them.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #6413
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Some people are completely oblivious to things like that when they're in a hurry, fretting over something; or, talking on the phone. They might as well be wearing blinders.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #6414
monster
I hear them call the tide

they were probably using your car as a guide to where the parking spots might be, if there was snow on the ground or frost on their windscreen preventing them from seeing the markings
Old 01-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #6415
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
I suppose it's puzzling more than irritating but I reserve the right to be irritated.
This morning I went off to the nearby town for the weekly grocery shop and arrived at 0745 as usual.
Traffic was light, the supermarket car park was only about ten per cent occupied and I always park in a far corner as it's convenient for the exit.
Also I have a reasonable expectation of being able to fling the car doors open without worrying about other people's paint work while I load up. Except for this morning.
Having wended my way back to the car there, wedged right up close to it, was a Nissan Juke.
There were acres of space so what in the name of sanity possessed the other party to park next to me?
I should point out that I am not car proud. I drive a 1992 (that's not a typo) VW Passat and it's USP is that it goes.
In all honesty I'm surprised that anyone would want to park next to it.
Is there some sort of primeval herd instinct at work here?
Does David Attenborough have any theories?
Similarly, when I go on an afternoon-long errand excursion, I often grab a bite at a drive-thru fast food joint. Then I park my car in the emptiest section of the parking lot to eat my late lunch in privacy.

Invariably, someone will pull up and park right next to me, then sit in their car (not eating anything) to do I don't know what.

A few weeks ago, while minding my own business in an otherwise deserted parking lot, a fast food employee came out and stood directly in front of my car to smoke a cigarette.

WTF?
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #6416
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Probably enjoyed the heat radiating off your engine maybe a wind break.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #6417
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

My son's math teacher sent out a mass email about a test review to every student and parent... without BCC'ing the addresses.

Now a whole string of sixth-graders have replied-all to the email, spamming hundreds of adults, who are all just trying to get our work done without a bajillion versions of "we did this on Monday," "but I did this?," "yes we did this on Monday but maybe she meant for kids who are sick?????" etc. With every kid who does it, it seems another one is inspired to think that their comment is just as important, too.

It should be noted that every single one of these emails has been sent on a school computer, within no more than a few hundred feet from the teacher in question. Fucking post-Millennials.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #6418
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Just overwhelmed today

Could use a handful of Fuckitol, thoroughly washed down with bourbon
Old 02-08-2018, 09:37 PM   #6419
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I'm tired and I'm grumpy and my muscles are sore and people aren't responding to my emails and my dog keeps pooping in my son's bedroom.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #6420
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

aaahhh...

The dog.

Hopefully a fuller update deserves to be posted in a different thread. How is the little rascal?

Tags
mild cheddar