The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-13-2017, 07:03 AM   #1366
Griff
still says videotape

It pisses me off when Big Pharma gets more votes than the American people.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...stry/96506340/
Old 01-14-2017, 09:01 AM   #1367
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

"Sanders pointed to research showing some of the highest prices in the world for drugs are in the United States. It’s encouraging, he said, that 12 Republicans voted for the measure, and he hopes more will sign on following President-elect Donald Trump’s statement Wednesday that the pharmaceutical industry is "getting away with murder" for what they charge the federal government for drugs."

Should have been addressed when they passed the ACA. If they could limit/control what the Ins companies could make, why not Pharma, providers, manufacturers and wholesalers also? Is it just me that sees the idiocy in that? The others are still raping us and the only one "penalized" was the insurance industry. Why is that? Their costs are 100% a reflection of the others I mentioned. Its fucking stupid.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #1368
Griff
still says videotape

They didn't have the votes when they put together the ACA because pharma owns these bitches. It was one of the criticisms back then. In the intervening years the other party chose to make meaningless votes to end it instead of fixing some of the more obvious problems.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:56 PM   #1369
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I'm running Windows 7pro with a virtual running windows XP and Outlook Express for my email. My computer decided to loose the virtual, my email, address book, and 80 prepared attachments for my Daily Dose. Tried restore back to 2010 with no luck.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #1370
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Fuck a goddamned radio.

I hope Marconi is getting buttfucked in the mouth in one of your deeper pits of hell as I post this.

And to whoever is in charge of whatever we-must-own-them-all company that has royally fucked up radio from one end of the dial to the other:

I hope you get buttfucked to death by a goddamned gorilla.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:08 PM   #1371
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

What happened Grav?
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #1372
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Too much bullshit, and not enough music, on the fucking radio.

Radio can suck my balls.

I'm done with it.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:51 AM   #1373
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Video killed the radio star.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:40 PM   #1374
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

You Buggle, you!

Old 01-25-2017, 04:37 PM   #1375
classicman

Yessssssssssssss
Old 01-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #1376
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Too much bullshit, and not enough music, on the fucking radio.

Radio can suck my balls.

I'm done with it.
Wow, you have got stamina. I had to turn off the radio 10 or 15 years ago. Or whenever I discovered bittorrents, whichever came first...
Old 01-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #1377
Snakeadelic
Banned

I turned my car stereo off in like 1995 or '96. See, the thing is I was living in a glorified flophouse kind of situation in Seattle-ish, and I was still pretty pissed at the death of hair metal (inevitable though it had become). I thought grunge was a terrible replacement. I've written elsewhere of this household, in which there were only 3 ppl over the age of 21, and out of those 3 there was 1 with a full-time job and no interest in household affairs (who was actually the homeowner), 1 with like 3 concurrent suspensions on his license and a car with a fried clutch, and...me and my 1979 Plymouth Volare Premier. So I got to take all the kids (ages 15-19) on errands and we were constantly bickering about my opinion that Pearl Garden In Chains didn't qualify as "music" and their opinion that the only local band I could stand, Queensryche, was a bunch of dinosaurs with nothing to say.

Didn't start listening to 'new' music again until the Oughts sometime, when I was properly introduced to Rammstein and later Evanescence. Now it's down to my computer playlist, 2 local radio stations--a classic rock and a 'f**k you we don't even have a live DJ and we'll play anything we can get the rights to'--and every once in a while something will get my attention in a movie and I'll buy a digital copy. Most recent example is 'Ticking Bomb' by Aloe Blacc, which I heard in Expendables 3. Oh, and when in Portland where I did about half my growing up, my neighbor's truck radio STAYS on 92.3 KGON, a station I have literally listened to my entire life. KGON is slightly older than I am and holds the US record for the longest continually operating station that has never changed call letters or musical format--they just went from playing 70s radio rock to calling 70s radio rock 'classic rock' and occasionally adding the best of the new music that comes along. It's one of the few things I truly love about Portland, so I keep it special by only listening to it while there even though I could stream it on my computer.

Gravdigr, I think you'd like the 'no live DJ' station around here. Yeah, commercials, but at least no damn talk shows.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:46 AM   #1378
Snakeadelic
Banned

As for the actual topic of this thread...the current Presidential administration is REALLY WORKIN MY TITS.

I'm on SSI disability, which means my brain's such a mess I'm never expected to be able to return to the job market. I've been keeping up on "health care reform" news...hoo boy. Affordable Care Act? Already gutted by a midnight budget vote that approved a Federal budget without ACA funding, 10+ million now without health care again (many of them little kids). Next target? If you guessed 'Medicaid' you are very wise. Their plan? Fixed funding to each state based on population (MT might have broken 1 million by now so we are uberfucked). Capped so it can't be raised to cope with changes in population or need. Patients required to pay pharmacy and appointment copays at whatever rate The Administration deems workable. Patients required to pay policy premiums for both health care AND pharmacy plans. Yeah, that's gonna be so much fun. After the half the rent & utilities I am required by federal law to pay on pain of having all my benefits suspended or revoked (possibly including a lifetime ban on re-applying!!!), I have a kingly $375 a month for everything I need. When my mom was put on disability in Oregon like 8 years ago, she had to give it up and go back to ruining her spine, because her premiums--which were taken off the top BEFORE she could pay rent or buy food--were $450. I'm guessing the cost hasn't gone down.

So I'm gonna see my MD and find out what drugs I really, really need (like the one that keeps IBS from tearing me in half with spasms) and what I'm going to have to do without (like painkillers) once I have to pay full cost because I don't anticipate being able to afford a pharmacy policy.

I'm building up a pretty solid hatred for the way this administration is handling...well...pretty much everything that excludes rich people. Washington, DC, you are in general pissing me off!
Old 01-26-2017, 07:50 AM   #1379
Snakeadelic
Banned

Oh, and after the "of course people who only get $725 a month to live on and are required by federal law to pay half to all the rent wherever they live can afford premiums", there's the brilliant plan to deny people like me access to Medicaid AT ALL if we do not actively, vigorously attempt to acquire not just a paying job, but a paying job that will lead to employer-paid health care. And because it's my brain that's broken, I may very well either be kicked from SSI for being "able bodied" or forced to reapply and go through the 'hope you can pay rent for FORTY MONTHS without income while we deny you (4 months) and then force you to wait for another hearing (up to 3 years). Survive on your own, because until that hearing you are NOT our problem.'
Old 01-26-2017, 09:47 AM   #1380
classicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
Affordable Care Act? Already gutted by a midnight budget vote that approved a Federal budget without ACA funding, 10+ million now without health care again.
~~~~
I'm building up a pretty solid hatred for the way this administration is handling...well...pretty much everything that excludes rich people.
I'm the parent and sole caregiver of a disabled son, so I too am quite interested in changes taking place in the medical coverage. I haven't seen the "gutted" news anywhere and the millions of children information anywhere except on some pretty sketchy alt-news options. Would you please share some links for me?

As for the "this or that might happen" Good to keep an eye on, but not good to get too upset on maybes just yet. I've been finding MSNBC and CNN virtually unwatchable lately. There is no "news" there, just Trump is the devil & the world is ending...
Anyway, would like some links if you have them about the changes.

Tags
limburger