The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Quality Images and Videos

Quality Images and Videos Post your own images and videos of your own days

Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #226
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

looks like you had fun today! go into more detail. i don't know plumbing all that well.....
Old 04-11-2011, 06:07 PM   #227
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

did ya see the hole in the Valve ? I still have NO Idea what that was there for ( the valve that is )
So we removed Patio stones , 12x12 cement pavers , dug down remover More Pavers , dug down some more , i felt around in to hole , found what felt like a Valve handle , dug some more , Bailed out water , Shit its a valve , Shit there is Water Squirting Out of the Top side of the valve Ran and turned OFF the water Got a pipe cutter , cut out the Fucking Valve I cut it close so as to Not have to add any pipe ( more on that in a sec) , went to Lowes , discussed the options with Carol , we had wanted a faucet in the back yard , so Hell No time like the present , got the faucet a 3/4 T and 2 3/4 straight fittings , i knew I would have to trim the existing pipe to fit , so No Biggie ,Right
Well when I started trying to fit this all togather I hear SNAP , and Im neeling there with about 6" of copper pipe connected to about 6" of Pvc in my habd , the water line Into the house is copper and they had connected a section of copper to the PVC to add the valve i guess , Shit , so hi ho hi ho Back to Lowes I go , get a piece of 3/4" copper pipe and another fitting , Measure the pipe i need takeing into account the fittings , cut the Pipe , push the fitting on said Pipe , push this into the T on the new faucet , shit the fitting wont fit on the PVC , Must be 1" , so Back to Lowes , snag a 3/4"to 1" fitting , Now the fitting wont Snug down on the Pvc Shit !!! Back to lowes with a Small Piece of the PVC , Dude explains that PVC is measured ID ( inside diameter ) copper is measured OD ( Out side diameter ) BS I say , Here Let me show you , and slides the Piece of PVC Over a piece of 3/4" copper , Well Ya learn something new Every day , so what do I do ??
I explain what im doing to him , he gets a pvc fitting that will screw Into a Union and 1 for the copper side as well ,
thus the pic and the comment that that sucked !!!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #228
monster
I hear them call the tide

Looking mighty fine, zipper, did you lose some weight?
Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #229
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
i don't know plumbing all that well.....
1. Water runs downhill.
2. Payday is Friday.
3. Don't put your fingers in your mouth.

Then there's this:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/whe...ed-prof,18853/
Old 04-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #230
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
hmmm maybe i should become a non-licensed plumber!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #231
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

trial and error zip. that's why i asked for clarification. i might have to do the same someday or maybe another cellarite. so if we do have to do said job we can come here and/or pm the "project manager"
Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM   #232
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
hmmm maybe i should become a non-licensed plumber!
Did you get to the end of the article?

Quote:
One last word of wisdom: If you hire an electrician, union or otherwise, he's going to fuck your wife right in the ass and send you the pictures.

Nothing you can do about that.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #233
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I don't know about the project mngr thing ,
but im willing to throw in my 2 cents

Feetz I Used to be an electrician
Old 04-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #234
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Did you get to the end of the article?

oh ok this part:

Quote:
One last word of wisdom: If you hire an electrician, union or otherwise, he's going to fuck your wife right in the ass and send you the pictures.

Nothing you can do about that.
oh the tighter the better!

shut up sheldon.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #235
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyt View Post
I don't know about the project mngr thing ,
but im willing to throw in my 2 cents

Feetz I Used to be an electrician
I'll have to check out your flickr page again!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:21 PM   #236
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

here is a brew that i picked up yesterday at spec's liquor store called "mississippi mud" like the bottle, like the flavor too! good brew! will be buying more of it in the future!
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #237
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

oops. meant to post this elsewhere...DOH! oh well. and i ain't even drunk! lmao! (thank gawd!)
Old 04-13-2011, 11:51 PM   #238
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

i wish i'd of taken pictures but today i fixed the honda 4-trax four wheeler we use regularly at work. you see it's like this. a while back, almost 8 months ago the starter switch burned up. actually i think it was longer than that. more like 2 years ago. anyway, it was rigged up where the starter was wired from the battery to the switch to the starter. well that won't work. what happens is this. the switch cannot handle the amperage so it burns up. could be two starts could be 20. never can tell. well for the last 6 weeks or so i have been pushing to wire this up back right. in other words, wire in a relay like it should be. then what happens is this: you push the starter button. the starter button is wired to the coil. the coil energizes then closes the starter contact therefore bypassing the load that was going through the switch. (helllllloooooo! that's the way it came from the factory!) so anyway, i found out today that the relay in the quad is new. ronnie just didn't know how to wire it up so he bypassed it. the thing is a piece of shit but it works and it works well. for whatever reason the original starter button was 86'ed. i opened up the housing and the wires were cut. short. no way to rewire it. not that i saw anyway. not without taking the complete thing apart. so here's what i did. i wired the new switch into the coil. then spliced in the negative to the return wire. then i ran a wire from the hot through the switch and on to the relay coil. for whatever reason, no wiring diagram of the scooter so had to improvise with a volt meter testing continuity, got it to where i could energize the coil. now second problem aroused. the starter positive post is jacked up. took me several tries to make it work. adjusted the nut to get a deeper penetration into the starter. prolly needs a new starter. duct tape and bailing wire be damned. the thing works. will try and take pictures of it tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:46 PM   #239
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

ok so. here are pics of the finished job on the 4 wheeler at work. pic1 shows the relay. pic2 is the wire i connected to the battery positive terminal. the other end of the wire was at the starter button the other was connected to the relay plug you see here in pic4. pic 3 was splicing in the negative. and finally, pic5 showing the starter push button.
Attached Images

Last edited by plthijinx; 04-14-2011 at 11:52 PM.
plthijinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #240
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

totally forgot to resize the damn pics, sorry guys
Attached Images