The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 06-14-2017, 08:08 AM   #286
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

And I will feel that way until she brings me a Kawasaki Versys 650.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:25 AM   #287
glatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by konopej View Post
stumbled upon I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore by Netflix - really awesome mixture of comedy, detective and i don't knoe what else. Everything! Enjoyed it immensely, and I really like Elijah Wood, I have to admit
Kim Carnes should write a song about his eyes.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #288
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Wood eye? Wood eye?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:51 AM   #289
konopej
rambling man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Wood eye? Wood eye?
lol
konopej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:07 PM   #290
monster
I hear them call the tide

My Old Lady.

It was Ok, I made it to the end and -in my dotage- I've learned to quit. sometimes.

...I returned two library books part-read this week!!!!! ...and I could have renewed them.

Go me.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:39 AM   #291
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

You're far from dotage, just exhausted.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:19 PM   #292
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Both GLOW and The People vs. OJ Simpson have been excellent.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:17 PM   #293
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

American Gods.

Wow. Awesome show.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:25 PM   #294
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
American Gods.

Wow. Awesome show.
I must start that. Enjoying The Last Kingdom, I read the books. There is a really nice tension to it but Pete is in it for the smoking hot lead.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:01 PM   #295
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

Yah, American Gods is neat. I love Ian McShane tho, I'd happily watch anything with him in it.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #296
glatt

The best thing I have seen on Netflix in a while was VALLEY UPRISING. A documentary about climbing culture in Yosemite Valley over the last few decades. Extremely well done and entertaining.

I just started watching it for a minute and an hour later realizing it was bed time. Came back to finish it the next day.

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:09 PM   #297
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

NetFlix has been Death Valley for me lately. Can't find anything I want to watch. Started Jessica Jones the other night, only to have Luke Cage show up and start boning the hell out of Jessica Jones just as Momdigr walked into the room, so, can't watch that unless she's not home.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #298
Pico and ME
Are you knock-kneed?

I'm re-watching Justified, one more season to go. I just adore Timothy Olyphant, so I will re-do Deadwood next. I enjoyed the Santa Clarita Diet because of him.

“Seven Deadly Sins: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Science without humanity, Knowledge without character, Politics without principle, Commerce without morality, Worship without sacrifice.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Pico and ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 12:29 PM   #299
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'd like to try Justified, but, NetFlix tells me it's unavailable for streaming.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 PM   #300
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Vikings!!!

Awesome.

I have to grit my teeth a little every time they show the English - that aspect is fucking ridiculous - seriously, the Kingdom of Northumbria, and they've got posh southern accents and demeanor - their soldiers wear uniforms and have an 'officer class' who stay at the back while the men fight - so much wrongness. The saxons would have been much more like the Vikings in many ways - no uniforms, and the housecarls of the king would have been full on warriors, leading from the front, not standing back and strategising like a modern general. At this stage saxon kings were still ring-givers - very similar culturally to what we see of the vikings when they are in the company of the Earl.

Game of Thrones is a more realistic depiction of Northern England, and that's complete fantasy.

Anyhoo --- that nonsense aside, it is a fantastic show.Loving Ragnar - also really love Loki.

And the only English character so far who has anything about him, Athelstan - is great.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote