The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #136
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Also, you can get a non-flatscreen TV at a pawn shop for less than $40, and PayPal did not ask anyone for a scan of their personal documents.

But none of that is relevant. UT has the right of it when it comes to Snakeadelic, and there is a reason she keeps ignoring his question.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #137
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

She also ignored my PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:21 PM   #138
monster
I hear them call the tide

I know *sigh*
Old 02-21-2017, 11:18 PM   #139
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

so, the biggest part of the deal is that her TV has a limited number of inputs. Old inputs. I'm guessing from my conversations with her that the tv has the jacks for rca style bayonet plugs, and they're for composite input, not component input. finding a bluray player with composite OUT is the tricky part. sure, bluray players are cheap, but she can't also afford a new display/tv.

hdmi out, no help, component, no help... that's the snag.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:44 PM   #140
Snakeadelic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Also, you can get a non-flatscreen TV at a pawn shop for less than $40, and PayPal did not ask anyone for a scan of their personal documents.

But none of that is relevant. UT has the right of it when it comes to Snakeadelic, and there is a reason she keeps ignoring his question.
Did UT (presumably Undertoad?) ask a question on my original thread that I lost track of and that I failed to answer? I checked this one and did not see any posts from Undertoad after mine about swapping out the movie set, but several before then discussing an unrelated situation with other users.

I had hoped to be doing a better job of appropriate socializing, but from my seat it looks as if I have missed something major.

Missing Bruce's PM is totally on me. I am terrible at remembering to check that little corner of the screen for notifications.

If my actions and attitudes are causing discord and conflict, please tell me and I will deactivate my account to avoid future incidents. I did NOT become a member here with the intent of annoying people who have a great deal more experience in many areas and widely differing knowledge bases from my own.
Snakeadelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #141
glatt

UT has asked you at least twice now in other threads to "Tell us about your SSRI experiences." That's the question being referred to.

Nobody is asking you to leave.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #142
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Nobody is asking you to leave.
And I'm pretty sure no one wants you to.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #143
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

I was just curious how/if you've worked through your issues medically. I was on them for nearly two decades myself.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #144
Snakeadelic
Banned

I don't take SSRI drugs. Paxil damn near killed me--it ripped up my guts so badly I lost 12 pounds in 18 days. I called someone for medical help when I realized I'd been asleep on the couch, waking only to take meds and attend body functions, for three days waiting to feel better. Antidepressants do not do well for me because my major psych issue is anxiety, not depression. I know people for whom they have worked very well, and people for whom they are total poison, so I maintain no bias against them for anyone but me.

For the last 18 years, the only drug to successfully help with my anxiety has been Diazepam (generic for Valium). I am also in routine one-on-one therapy with a multiply-licensed counselor, who I am actually seeing tomorrow. The person who prescribes me Valium is a different provider (who I see next on 3-7 to explain my recent increased usage, but who refilled my 'scrip 5 weeks before that appointment on my word that it was needed). I am aware that my access to this drug is becoming a very rare case, and am passionately grateful that the prescriber I've worked with on that for like six or seven years now has taken the time to learn that I am not an abuse risk.

There are days when I become so anxious or situationally depressed that I feel I am a danger to myself when left with unfettered access to certain meds. On those days I hand those meds to someone I trust with my life. I do not ask where they are kept, but they are kept until I declare that I am once again trustworthy. All my providers know this, and I make no secret of it in ordinary conversations because the way to dispel myths about mental health is to speak honestly and openly about mental health.

When my therapist called earlier today with a reminder of my appointment tomorrow, I told her about the "after 9 years on SSI you must now prove you are still disabled" paperwork I recently received from Social Security. She burst out laughing at the thought of me being considered able to work, and asked me to bring the paperwork so she could put her professional opinion in writing. I am a VERY LUCKY person to have such support.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #145
Snakeadelic
Banned

As far as leaving, I felt there was a strong chance that I had made and missed some kind of severe social gaffe (probably multiple times). My life history does NOT include a whole lot of social groups explaining why I was suddenly unwelcome, and so my volunteering to leave if it would be for the benefit of the forum came from those memories.

I have the gem club, you guys, 2 life partners, and about a dozen people I consider family (I am genetically related to exactly 1 of them). That is my social interaction circle. I do not make friends easily. It took me 25 years to find the gem club a/k/a My People, and 3 years lurking (and reading the ENTIRE IotD archive, every single post) to decide to join here. I may be underinformed and a raving jerk sometimes, but I really would like to be told if I cause problems. If I'm not told what I did wrong, I can't teach myself not to do it again!
Old 02-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #146
glatt

If you have missed this thread, you might find it interesting. You fit in better here than you might imagine.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:29 PM   #147
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
I make no secret of it in ordinary conversations because the way to dispel myths about mental health is to speak honestly and openly about mental health.
Agreed. Thanks for sharing.

It's wild how certain families of drugs work differently on different brains. Paxil was my SSRI of choice all that time. It worked really well for what it needed to do to me in my 30s, but by the end of my 40s it was no longer appropriate, and I was probably on it for a few years too long.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #148
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic
As far as leaving, I felt there was a strong chance that I had made and missed some kind of severe social gaffe (probably multiple times). My life history does NOT include a whole lot of social groups explaining why I was suddenly unwelcome, and so my volunteering to leave if it would be for the benefit of the forum came from those memories.
No no, I didn't mean to imply you should leave or had been inappropriate. It's only that sometimes mental health problems involve a denial of mental health problems, and sometimes the brain gets so hooked on a single solution to a problem, that it will go through a surprising amount of irrational gymnastics to reject any other solution. I was suspecting this might apply to both Blu-Ray box sets, and medical treatment.

I have a fair amount of experience with various mental health issues in both myself and my extended family, so I am not unsympathetic. We're an Oxcarbazepine and Lithium Orotate family, ourselves.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:42 PM   #149
monster
I hear them call the tide

what CF said -we're bemused by your apparent unwillingness to work with any of the solutions/workaround presented to you, and just wondering if the cause is related to other issues you may be dealing with. Then we'd maybe know better how to help. Many of us have experience with similar things. If no-one cared, no-one would answer
Old 02-22-2017, 06:54 PM   #150
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeadelic View Post
As far as leaving, I felt there was a strong chance that I had made and missed some kind of severe social gaffe (probably multiple times).
Social gaffe? Here? Not a chance.