The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #736
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

That blows. chunks.

edit: oh, you dick....i thought you lost your JOB.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #737
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Sorry you lost your job V. That really sucks. I"m pretty sure you'll pick something else up pretty quickly if you set your mind to it though.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:42 PM   #738
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjim View Post
That blows. chunks.

edit: oh, you dick....i thought you lost your JOB.
Sorry, didn't mean to misrepresent my situation. I clarified asap.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #739
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

I'll tell you what's making me unhappy today.

We got a new kitten yesterday and it came complete with fleas. Nasty little suckers they are. I've treated her, but I'm going to have to do the other cats too I think. They've jumped off her and onto everyone else.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:37 PM   #740
lookout123
changed his status to single

damn, sorry V.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #741
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I'll tell you what's making me unhappy today.

We got a new kitten yesterday and it came complete with fleas. Nasty little suckers they are. I've treated her, but I'm going to have to do the other cats too I think. They've jumped off her and onto everyone else.
Maybe you know already, but here is an effective way to remove fleas from carpet:
Take a wide, flat plate and place it in the center of the room. Put a broad (so it can't fall over) candle in the middle of the plate. Put about 1 centimeter of water in the plate, with detergent to break the surface tension. At night time, light the candle and leave the room. Repeat each night until no more fleas are caught.
The fleas will be attracted to the warmth and hop towards it, thus landing in the plate and drowning. It works, I have done this. It is chemical free but be sure to set it up carefully so it isn't a fire hazard.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 AM   #742
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

I feel constantly sick to my stomach. Two weeks atleast now of this constant sickly feeling of tension. Didn't get to sleep til gone 5am, woke up at 7am felt shit decided not to go into today's lecture on the anglo-norman state. Also cancelled my dentists appointment.

Big meeting tomorrow. I have the next few hours to decide whether or not i'm going to set off a bomb in my branch (metaphorically speaking of course :P). Trouble with setting off bombs, is it's impossible to know the extent of the damage...or the direction of the flak.

I'm probably gonna go for it. I am more nervous than I have ever been about anything else my whole life.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:56 AM   #743
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

Sorry V, hope the pavement beating works out.
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:00 AM   #744
DanaC

Yeah BigV. So, I'm confused, is it your second job you lost? As opposed to your main job?

Either way it sucks. Getting the sack is never fun. I know it from bitter experience. Even worse if you know it's your own fault Hope you feel better about things soon. From some of the stuff you've been posting, it's clear you've been having a seriously tough time just lately. Just remember your Cellar mates are always here.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #745
DanaC

Hey Ali, I know it's not pc to reach for the chemicals...but I always find Fleabombs are very effective. Cheap and fast.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:22 AM   #746
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Hey Ali, I know it's not pc to reach for the chemicals...but I always find Fleabombs are very effective. Cheap and fast.
Candles OR fleabombs ... but for &%$#'s sake not both.... kaboooooooom. No more fleas...
Old 10-23-2007, 09:15 AM   #747
LabRat
twatfaced two legged bumhole

OMG I was just reading this thread and a big ass ROACH crawled across my keyboard. Fuck. Now I'm all creeped out. They are bad here in the building, but JHC.

**pausing**

Sorry to hear about the job, V. Dana, take it easy or your gonna end up with more than just and aggrivated case of eczema!
Old 10-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #748
jester
why so serious

Not sure if this is "upsetting" or making me "happy". The Japanese restaurant that we ate at a couple of weeks ago - was closed yesterday. Evidently for a few days. Looks like they are fumigating/painting and looking for a new cook. The thing is, the day we ate there, seemed to be ok. Except for the fact that we were sitting there, had just received our food and started eating. I happened to look over to my right, beside my plate and noticed a ROACH crawling on the table Slammed my napkin down on top of it and just sat there for a sec. Yeah, wasn't that hungry. Wondering if I'm not the only one who had an extra guest.
jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #749
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Good luck V - you didn't need that on top of everything else. Hope something comes up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post
Big meeting tomorrow. I have the next few hours to decide whether or not i'm going to set off a bomb in my branch (metaphorically speaking of course :P).

I'm probably gonna go for it. I am more nervous than I have ever been about anything else my whole life.
Go for it Dan - you have the guts for it and it's better to stop him now - he's already hurt enough women and damaged the Party. I will admit I wouldn't do t myself, I'm too much of a coward, but I have faith in you.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #750
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester View Post
Not sure if this is "upsetting" or making me "happy". The Japanese restaurant that we ate at a couple of weeks ago - was closed yesterday. Evidently for a few days. Looks like they are fumigating/painting and looking for a new cook. The thing is, the day we ate there, seemed to be ok. Except for the fact that we were sitting there, had just received our food and started eating. I happened to look over to my right, beside my plate and noticed a ROACH crawling on the table Slammed my napkin down on top of it and just sat there for a sec. Yeah, wasn't that hungry. Wondering if I'm not the only one who had an extra guest.
You ignorant philistine! That was your dessert! And furthermore, it is a sign that the chef honours you and respects your footwear. Have you no idea about sashimi at all??? :p

Tags
swiss