The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 09-26-2017, 12:51 PM   #61
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post

September 25

1980, John Bonham, drummer with Led Zeppelin, died aged 32 after a heavy drinking session. ‘Bonzo’ was found dead at guitarists Jimmy Page's house of what was described as asphyxiation, after inhaling his own vomit after excessive vodka consumption.
Now that's a bio!!
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:33 PM   #62
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

September 28

Name:  davis.JPG
Views: 538
Size:  46.8 KB

1991, American jazz trumpeter, bandleader, and composer Miles Davis died of a stroke and pneumonia. His 1959 album 'Kind of Blue', is a major influence on jazz music.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #63
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

October 3, 1954

Name:  srv.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  57.2 KB

Born to Jim and Martha Vaughan on this day, a son, Stephen Ray.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:40 PM   #64
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

October 11

Name:  tupac.JPG
Views: 1076
Size:  22.8 KB

1995, Tupac Shakur was released from Clinton Correctional Prison on $1.4 Million bail which was posted by Suge Knight. In return 2Pac signed a three album deal with Knight's Death Row Records.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #65
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

^^^That got nothing this time around? Hmm...

Must be back on his meds.

Naaaaaaaah, prolly saw something shiny.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:44 PM   #66
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

October 12

Name:  jd.JPG
Views: 498
Size:  33.9 KB

1997, John Denver was killed when the handmade, experimental airplane he was flying

Name:  ez.JPG
Views: 459
Size:  30.2 KB

ran out of gas and crashed off the coast of Monterey Bay, California. The 53 year old star had scored 15 songs on Billboard's Top 40 Pop chart, ten of which reached number one on either Billboard's Adult Contemporary or Country chart.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:09 PM   #67
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

October 18

1956 - 21-year-old Elvis Presley

Name:  ep.JPG
Views: 544
Size:  20.7 KB

pulled into a Memphis gas station where he started to attract a small crowd of autograph seekers. After repeatedly asking Elvis to move on so he could resume normal business, station manager Ed Hopper slapped Presley on the head and found himself on the receiving end of a punch in the face from Elvis. Station employee Aubrey Brown tried to help his boss, but was no match for Presley. After police are called, Hopper and Brown were charged with assault and were fined $25 and $15 respectively.

1974 - Al Green

Name:  al.JPG
Views: 503
Size:  19.2 KB

was taking a shower at his Memphis home when his ex-girlfriend Mary Woodson burst in and poured boiling grits over him. She then shot herself dead. Green suffered second degree burns.

2005 - An image of a naked John Lennon, taken on the last day of his life, was named the top US magazine cover of the past 40 years. The Rolling Stone front cover,

Name:  rs.JPG
Views: 557
Size:  26.8 KB

taken by Annie Leibovitz and showing Lennon curled around Yoko Ono, was picked by editors, artists and designers.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:43 PM   #68
glatt

LOL.

I enjoy your take on music history.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:45 PM   #69
fargon
Person who doesn't update the user title

Me also.
Heavily medicated for the good of mankind.
fargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #70
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Old 10-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #71
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

October 19

1968, 18 year old Peter Frampton

Name:  frampton.JPG
Views: 552
Size:  17.6 KB

meets Steve Marriott at a Small Faces show in London. After striking up a friendship, the two started planning a new group which emerged as Humble Pie the next April.

1980, AC/DC

Name:  acdc.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  96.1 KB

kicked off a 20-date UK tour at Bristol Colston Hall. The band's first gigs since the death of singer Bon Scott.

2005, A survey concluded that the average person spent around £21,000 ($42,000) on music during their lives, the figure included the amount spent on Hi-Fi equipment, concerts and CDs. Music enthusiasts were likely to spend more than double that, parting with just over £44,000 ($89,000), in a lifetime, according to the survey conducted by UK company Prudential.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:17 PM   #72
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I wonder if that survey included travel and drugs for concerts?
Old 10-20-2017, 07:23 AM   #73
glatt

$42K seems way too high. That would be 420 concerts at $100 each. The average person hasn't even come close to seeing that many shows.

I expect I have spent around $5k, including record and CD sales, equipment, and the shows I have seen.

Maybe if you count my mortgage payments for the month each time I bought a CD or saw a show, that would get me over $42k.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #74
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

But you're more frugal than average. It's easy to spend a fortune on Stereo equipment, sound upgrades in subsequent vehicles, concert dating, and if you buy instruments it can go through the roof.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #75
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
...the figure included the amount spent on Hi-Fi equipment, concerts and CDs.