The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 08-21-2005, 05:01 PM   #16
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

More like "an asshole by any other name would still smell as foul", I think.

How does someone who has a reasonably high public persona (mom wired in with well known artists, being a performer himself, etc) manage to be a sociopath and not end up arrested or at least easily located? Or did this come upon him all of a sudden like (not likely, as I understand sociopaths are pretty much prone to this sort of behavior from an early age)?
Old 08-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #17
Saddam Hussein
The CIA faked my death

Well I cant say that I have been in many marital fights lately. In the good old days though, I only had one fight with one of my wives.

It wasnt pretty. Chainsaws do ugly things to the human body. Seeing a woman gurgle blood while trying to say "I'm so sorry honey" was memorable though. And made a good wedding night video for the others.

What can I say? I'm a tyrant! What would you expect?
Saddam Hussein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #18
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
More like "an asshole by any other name would still smell as foul", I think.

How does someone who has a reasonably high public persona (mom wired in with well known artists, being a performer himself, etc) manage to be a sociopath and not end up arrested or at least easily located? Or did this come upon him all of a sudden like (not likely, as I understand sociopaths are pretty much prone to this sort of behavior from an early age)?
He's far from stupid, for one thing. For another, he's been arrested at least twice. Once out in California and no one around here knows about that. The second arrest he managed to keep secret, also. I don't think even his family knows about it. The para-legal who has been helping me came across the arrest records. And he's been able to get away with a lot of stuff precisely because of his high profile family. People either don't believe he could possibly do such things or when he does get caught, the family buys him out of trouble which is what happened in the Cali incident that was extremely nasty and occurred when he was only 19. Finally, many people write off his odd behavior to his artistic temprament. I myself did this for quite a while.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #19
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
I think "sociopath" might be more accurate.
or an unwitting participant in a rather large and twisted pack of fabrications and overdramitization posted on the internet by a pathological liar? maybe?

Last edited by lumberjim; 09-07-2005 at 09:39 AM.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:48 AM   #20
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Oh my, Patrick. Such a long stor The classical guitar player and the ax murderer are one and the same. y.Psychopaths are SO much fun! He had this great front that he puts out - gifted musician, father former professor of poli-sci at the USAFA then head of the Colorado Council for the Arts; mother on a first name basis with all the greats of the ballet world, old family money, and then the most amazingly horrible flip flop where he turned into a thief who took a huge chunk of my SSDI, was mysteriously involved in his brother's murder/suicide thing, has a record as a sex offender, and connections with the drug world.

The entire thing is so unbelievable that I am still walking around in a state of shock. I have to keep going back to read all the documents I've recieved on him from various authorities to make myself believe it.

I waited 5 months before I started reporting him to the various agencies involved. I just couldn't take it in, couldn't accept it. It has thrown me more than just about anything I have encountered in my life thus far.

I guess that's why they call 'em psychopaths. I wouldn't wish an encounter with one on my worst enemy.
this guitar guy.....you mentioned him over a year ago.......now he's that axe murderer? i thought he was a hippy that lived out in the woods and you had to travel to go see him.

whatever......i dont know why it bothers me when you do this. i think it bothers me more when people i respect reply to these dreamt up tales of woe, and take them seriously. am i just overcynical? could it be that you are actually being honest? i doubt. i doubt. and i think i do myself no good in calling you on these things. why not just ignore it and let you blather on? why even stick my nose in?

i think it's because i believe that you're lying to my friends. that must be it.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:41 PM   #21
marichiko

Hey, LJ, follow your bliss! I don't care if YOU want to believe in him; I get to deal with him. There's a reason they're called sociopaths. He was such a nice young man...