The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 05-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #46
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquelita
Without my kids, I would never know what it means to completely put someone else's well being before mine - without reservation. My children have given me an amazing amount of joy just watching them grow into sentient beings who actually have their own voice, their own ideas and opinions.

Its inexplicable to those who don't have kids. This is why I become annoyed at childless people who think their pets are their children. For the most part, animals will love whoever is feeding them. Pets are great - and wonderful companions - but children are work. You put your entire self into them, and many times on a daily basis get headaches and heartaches in return. The truth is however, that the headaches and heartaches pale in comparison to the fulfillment - the shear joy that comes to you through your children.

Despite the day to day turmoil we face as parents, having children enables us to know something greater than ourselves, and as a result our lives are expanded in ways we cannot even begin to fathom. And it never stops. Give up my life? No way - I have a much richer and more fulfilled life because of my children.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #47
lookout123
changed his status to single

*wipes tear from eye*

yep.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #48
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Bullshit, just a conspiracy by you breeders to try to suck others in, because misery loves company.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #49
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Kitsune tells it like it is.
Quote:
We don't talk about how much we make, but we judge people by what they own and are able to buy.

We concern ourselves with the materials, not what people do with them. It is not where the person goes, but the car, not the music, but the pricey instrument, not the writing/images/code, but the computer hardware and how fast it is.

We strive to isolate people behind bars, both criminals (in jail) and ourselves (in gated, secure communities).

We set aside one day a year to remember those that fought for our freedoms. The rest of the year, we fight to give up those freedoms because we feel threatened.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #50
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

rkzenrage's profound debut in the HoF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkzenrage
It is more important to be polite to those closest to you, those easiest to take for granted, than anyone else.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #51
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla
If your thinking's actually good enough, you need not bolster it with abusive language. Nor need you indulge in hysterics.
Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Urbane Guerrilla. While I have had my doubts that you would deserve mention in this thread, and I have quoted you rather narrowly, this statement is absolutely on the mark. It is succinct, germane, uncommon and above all true. It is all the more startling coming from you as it stands in stark contrast to many, many of your posts. I'm delighted to see this change, however brief it may be.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:11 PM   #52
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Apropos of nothing, I swear.

"The measure of a diplomat is his ability to tell a man to go to hell in such a way that he is actually looking forward to making the trip."
-I don't recall
Old 06-09-2006, 11:14 PM   #53
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I'd guess either Churchill or Ben Franklin.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:39 PM   #54
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nope, Caskie Stinnett.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:56 PM   #55
lookout123
changed his status to single

Happy Monkey makes me laugh. til i cry.

http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=240964&postcount=311
Old 06-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #56
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

concerning goatse. lookout's poignant take on the matter had me laughing most of the day.

http://www.cellar.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=372
Old 06-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #57
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

http://www.cellar.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=19
Old 06-26-2006, 06:28 AM   #58
Griff
still says videotape

Funny you say that... authoritarians see me as forcing them to allow others to do what they wish.
-rkzenrage
Old 07-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #59
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

This post is another jewel in Beestie's crown. I quote here in it's entirety, but you should click on over and enjoy the flamewar, as asymetrical as it is, "just for fun".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profane Gorilla
No ignorance at all. There is nothing imbecilic to the idea that solecisms are still bad. They were bad when the Greeks picked on the mushmouthed and ungrammatical speech of the inhabitants of Soloi, and they aren't improving with age.

Just for fun, do you know how to spell "blissful?"
Just for fun, do you know that "No ignorance at all." is a grammatically incorrect sentence fragment?

Just for fun, do you know that mushmouthed is not a word? Let me help you out here. In those instances when you have a thought so sophisticated and so subtle that none of the over 100,000 words in the dictionary are adequate enough to express it, you can take two words from the dictionary and hyphenate them to create a new word. Hence, the solecism in your post can be transformed into a grammatically correct word more befitting the complex and sophisticated mind that gave birth to it by putting a dash between mush and mouthed to create (drum roll, please).... mush-mouthed. Out of curiosity, did you mean to use that word at all? I hesitate to ask since I'm certain you wouldn't use an adjective (however solecistic) meant to describe speech to describe the written word.

Just for fun, do you know that it is also grammatically incorrect to use the adjective 'imbecilic' to modify the phrase 'to the point?' I think you meant to say "...imbecilic about the point...." but don't want to give you the benefit of the doubt since you rarely extend that courtesy to others.

Just for fun, do you know that it is grammatically incorrect to use a pronoun without an antecedent in the same sentence? I didn't think so because anyone who knew that wouldn't begin a sentence with a pronoun like you did in your second sentence (recall that the first meaningless phrase followed by a period does not have the required syntactical elements to elevate it to sentence status).

Just for fun, do you know that you have a grammatically incorrect comma splice in your second sentence?

Just for fun, do you realize that making a plethora of grammar errors in a three-sentence post not only make your high horse look more like a jackass but also make you look like a moron? You might know how to spell irony but it's pretty clear that the concept embedded in the word is sailing right over your oversized head.

I'll take Zippy's spelling over the worthless ideas your pitiful grammar stumbles over itself to convey any day.

Are we having fun yet?
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 03:13 PM   #60
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

From the highly prehensile Happy Monkey:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey
Gah! I just accidentally discovered "CTRL-ALT-ARROW KEY" on Windows XP Professional!
Go on. I double dog dare you!