The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 02-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #46
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I got up at 09.20 GMT.
But Diz had me awake and only dozing from 05.28.

He needed attention, or maybe just to stand over me and drip catspit on my face. He'd snuggle down just until I dozed off, them come up to pat my face and want strokings. More cat spit. Then he'd decide he wanted to butt his head under my chin, but rather than hunkering down in order to do so, he wanted me to hitch up in the bed.

Pain in the butt cat.
He's okay, he's gone back to bed to snooze now - Mia comes out at noon, so it's routine.
Me, I have to stay glassy eyed all day.
Might go join him for a kip this afternoon. It's half term after all.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #47
monster
I hear them call the tide

5fuckingam this morning. I was too shellshocked to post. Hockey game at 8 am an hour's drive away. Knucking Fackered now. Get to get up a whole hour later tomorrow
Old 03-19-2011, 02:40 AM   #48
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Good morning!
Old 03-19-2011, 06:40 AM   #49
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Just barely, but good morning back.

Diz is on my shoulder, giving me special catupuncture.
I'm tolerating it because he goes to bed in 20 minutes and when he wakes up I'll be gone.... Off to Londres for the night.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 AM   #50
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

OOooo - it's crispy this morning (62 in the house but I turned the heat off yesterday) but Ol' Sol is smiling down upon this Ohio valley so all is well, all is well, all is well with the world.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #51
monster

survived the second early morning. One more to go tomorrow (another 5am) for swim championships to complete the weekend-lie-ins-wtf-is-that trifecta......
Old 04-19-2011, 08:31 AM   #52
Tulip
Professor

Good morning! Well, it's not actually a good morning for me. I went to bed with stomach pain and woke up with stomach pain. Pain still there. Took some Mylanta before going to bed and took some again earlier. Pain subsides if I lie down but as soon as I sit up or walk around, I feel it again. Too bad I can't stay in bed all day.
Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 AM   #53
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

That totally suxxorz Tulip. You have my sympathy.

I awoke with the same jarring toothache that accompanied me to sleep. Brilliant, now it's kicking in an earache.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #54
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Good morning! Well, it's not actually a good morning for me. I went to bed with stomach pain and woke up with stomach pain. Pain still there. Took some Mylanta before going to bed and took some again earlier. Pain subsides if I lie down but as soon as I sit up or walk around, I feel it again. Too bad I can't stay in bed all day.
If the medicine isn't working, could it be something else? Did you skip a meal?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:02 AM   #55
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post

I awoke with the same jarring toothache that accompanied me to sleep. Brilliant, now it's kicking in an earache.
That sounds horrible. Are you going to go to the dentist?
Old 04-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #56
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Ahuh. Had some work done last week, and am booked in for completion of said work on 6th may (I think). They had to do the mould and a temporary dressing and will fit the crown at next appointment.

But this is coming from a different tooth. I had work on two teeth and this ain't either of them ;p

I'm already on anti-biotics though, so if it's an abcess they should put paid to it.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #57
monster

ouch. I just got a crown a few weeks ago. horrible. you have my full sympathy. Could this be transferred pain in some way? Could the temporary dressing have altered your bite? I too will be visiting the dentist on May 6th. Just a check-up for me, I hope.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:09 PM   #58
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaC View Post

What you got sucks more. You have my sympathy. If the pain isn't going away, you should go back sooner to get whatever tooth that's hurting looked at.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #59
Tulip
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
If the medicine isn't working, could it be something else? Did you skip a meal?
Meant to answer this this morning. I didn't skip a meal. My stomach started to feel bad after eating dinner and pain started later in the evening. I felt pain all day today. Finally at 4:30PM, my sis-in-law came to pick up her son and saw me lying in bed. After inquiring about my symptoms, she mentioned that I could have gas pain. Hmm....I didn't think so but my sister went to get me some gas-x. Pain gone but bloating still there. I haven't tried walking around so I don't know if the meds fixed it but at least I can sit and not have to lie down. So, I should've taken Gas-X rather than bearing the pain all day. Ugh! Btw, I took Mylanta this morning. Didn't work, so who knew.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:45 PM   #60
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
Meant to answer this this morning. I didn't skip a meal. My stomach started to feel bad after eating dinner and pain started later in the evening. I felt pain all day today. Finally at 4:30PM, my sis-in-law came to pick up her son and saw me lying in bed. After inquiring about my symptoms, she mentioned that I could have gas pain. Hmm....I didn't think so but my sister went to get me some gas-x. Pain gone but bloating still there. I haven't tried walking around so I don't know if the meds fixed it but at least I can sit and not have to lie down. So, I should've taken Gas-X rather than bearing the pain all day. Ugh! Btw, I took Mylanta this morning. Didn't work, so who knew.
When I googled it last night, I got the impresion gas-x and mylanta were the same thing? I'm sorry, disabling stomach pain sucks nuts. But I get it when I skip meals and then get beyond hungry. But once it starts hurting I don't feel like eating.....