Old 02-08-2007, 03:02 PM   #91
busterb
NSABFD

Me To.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #92
Madman
has left the building.

Wal-Mart greeters that neither smile nor "greet."

Isn't that what they get paid to do? "Welcome to WalMart, hello, kiss my ass" something, anything!
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:58 PM   #93
Sheldonrs
Master Dwellar

And at this moment, I am annoyed that the death of Anna Nicole Smith is the big news story everywhere I go.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #94
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
Wal-Mart greeters that neither smile nor "greet."

Isn't that what they get paid to do? "Welcome to WalMart, hello, kiss my ass" something, anything!
I KNOW...they have big old sign on their vests that say "how may I help you" but if you walk around looking lost they don't ask if they can help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
And at this moment, I am annoyed that the death of Anna Nicole Smith is the big news story everywhere I go.
I was going to reply that I was so sick of seeing her on everything about the baby and stuff, then reread your post that she is dead. Strange strange situations surrounding that girl and her life.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #95
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
I don't like it when my food misbehaves. Like when crackers & crispbreads snap in my hands and shed their precious cargo on my desk, or pizza topping slides off in one go and flaps burningly on my chin, or soup gives me hiccups. I feel it breaks some fundemental contract.
I disapprove of misbehaving foodstuffs as well. Where can one go to get a nice, polite slice of pizza?

In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #96
bluecuracao
in a mood, not cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
I'd like to make a comment on behalf of all the other salespeople here.

Not all of us are stupid, even if we do work in retail.

Thankyou for your time.
Reminds me of another one: Customers who conduct an entire transaction with a retail salesperson, while talking on a cell phone or with loud headphones on. :p Sure, we are more than happy to take your money...but we are not vending machines!
bluecuracao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #97
Kingswood
Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldonrs View Post
What annoys me about that is how several news sites say that she was "found dead" in the hotel room, and then in the first paragraph or two the story reveals that he was really found unconscious in the hotel room and later died.

It bugs me when reputable news organizations screw up like this.
Kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #98
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post
Reminds me of another one: Customers who conduct an entire transaction with a retail salesperson, while talking on a cell phone or with loud headphones on. :p Sure, we are more than happy to take your money...but we are not vending machines!
I don't serve those customers. Just give the next person in line a nod.

My defense? If they're on the phone, how're they going to conduct a speedy transaction with their hands full?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #99
MonkeyPaw
Prince of Darkness

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
Cold weather... with NO relief in site.

People that spell "ALOT" as one word.

McDonalds... yuk

Mike Tyson

Michael Jackson
you
MonkeyPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #100
Madman
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPaw View Post
you
You too! <finger>
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #101
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecuracao View Post

Year before last I had a trick-or-treater who was on her cellphone the whole time and just opened her pillowcase for me to drop the goodies in. I refused to give her candy and she got all huffy and said "but it's my sister!" Oh, that's OK then. (I refused one smoking too, but other than that I give them all candy -even the adults not in costume. If you're that desperate for candy, have at it....)
Old 02-09-2007, 01:21 AM   #102
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Hey! Rotate that finger!

I have not yet summoned up the nerve to offer the adults accompanying trick-or-treaters either disposable razors or candy in a razor blade box.
Urbane Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #103
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Hey! Rotate that finger!

I have not yet summoned up the nerve to offer the adults accompanying trick-or-treaters either disposable razors or candy in a razor blade box.
I'm thinking about handing out cards for my dentist this year
Old 02-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #104
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Warning - this is very detailed and very petty

REALLY annoying me today is some people's attitude toward admin staff. They seem to think "and other other duties that may be required blahblahblah" on our contracts mean we can be dicked around in a way they would never think of with staff on the same grade as themselves.

Case in point.

When our new CEO decided to move into the office with the best view in the building (previously occupied by my Manager) he decreed that the furniture in the lobby on this floor should also go.

My department had a long, low cabinet which was in the lobby because there was no room for it in the open plan office. There is another grumble about moving the team into a space which will only fit the people and not the paperwork but I'll leave it out. This was a smart piece of furniture in exactly the same bland design as the round table and chairs that were allowed to remain. It also gave people somewhere to sort the printing/ photocopying from the machine opposite.

So, a very useful piece of furniture, and one that I only heard would be moved on the Friday because I was working late. I stuck my nose in, put my case and actually thought I'd won.

Nope.

Came in Monday, cabinet gone.

After about an hour I tracked down the person responsible for the move, who grumpily informed me that he'd been just about to call me (yeah right). My cabinet was on the 2nd floor (I work on the 6th). Broken. Dropped by the movers and now the sliding door was jammed shut. All my material had been stacked in the storage area behind Reception.

I was pretty mad at this, but decided in the bigger scheme of things I'd probably best just let it go. He was supposed to be contacting the movers for damages and in the mean time would look at it himself to see if it was something he could remedy. Two emails from me regarding the cabinet went unanswered.

FFward to today - I get a phone call from Reception. The office manager wants the storage area to be used only for stationery and not to be a dumping ground for various departments' miscellany. I am now tasked with finding somewhere to store my material - it has been suggested to me that if I clear out the cupboard on this floor (which was already full when we moved here because we were the last department to move) I might be able to fit it all in.

Why am I expected to waste my time on this problem caused solely by other people?
Why should I have to find space? I had a perfectly good space before.
Why should I have to load up 2 trolleys worth of material and haul it round the building?

Exacerbating this is the fact I've already moved the boxes of leaflets we brought with us from the other building 3 times. Once because they were stacked around our desks and a member of another team wanted to hot-desk in our space (we are currently understaffed so have more space than people). They were then stacked against the wall but apprently the new CEO didn't want any boxes on the floor when he moved up. Then the storage area I co-opted was turned into a "quiet/ prayer room" (which is never used).

Just because I'm not a pharmacist or a technician doesn't mean I'm a bloody serf. I may work with paper but that doesn't mean I need to be the one to move it around.

I'm also sick & tired of having people come to me and say in a blase fashion, "Oh the copier has run out of paper..." or "I think the printer is jammed...." What? Oh sorry I forgot that I graduated from the Hewlett Packard Academy and are therefore more qualified than you to get toner down my top or fill up the paper drawer.

Stuck up, short sighted, grade-ist arseholes.
I will feast on their egg heads the day the revolution comes.

Old 02-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #105
rkzenrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
--People who enjoy arguing for argument's sake; and

--People whose primary argument on all subjects is, "The Bible says . . . "
This never bothered me because I know that nothing this person says has any value. They just saved me a lot of time.

People who choose not to listen. If I said it and you heard it, you have no excuse not to act on it.