The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
glatt

Name:  1063259-title_thor_large.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  12.7 KB
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Am I the only one who thought of this?
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #18
newtimer
Operations Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
you can't even pick up your sick kid from school!
Look again at that dude riding his unicycle. Look again at the retractable training wheels. Think he's going to score? Ever? There are no kids in his future, so it's a moot point.
newtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:54 PM   #19
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
you can't get a week's worth of groceries with that thing! you can't even pick up your sick kid from school!

stupid.
It's true that picking up your sick kid would be tough on that ride. And it looks like the cargo capacity is limited. Not zero, looks like two shopping bags worth could be carried easily, but limited. But it's not the vehicle for those purposes. It's a city ride, a city commuter for an individual, kind of like a bicycle. There are lots of bike commuters and more coming. The same limits apply to a bike, but they're very common.

I don't think they're stupid at all. I think glatt's pic is funny (and prescient) and footfootfoot's pic is just prescient. It's awesome.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #20
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
It's a city ride, a city commuter for an individual, kind of like a bicycle.
Kind of not. It's a motor vehicle, subject to the same rules and restrictions.
Quote:
There are lots of bike commuters and more coming.
Oh joy.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #21
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

like a bicycle used for commuting by an individual, as opposed to a vehicle with more general purpose capabilities. the motor don't factor into it. in Seattle, and likely most other places, the bicycles are subject to the rules for vehicles. on the road not the sidewalk, stopping at lights, rights of way, speed limits (ha), etc. I'm just pointing out how this one might be used most likely. Like a bike commuter uses his bike.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #22
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

OK, but no bike lanes, special parking, or any of the other special privileges afforded bicycles in cities.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #23
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Ok.

You're gonna share the lane behind the bike that tops out at 15mph?

and you're gonna circle the block until the bicycle moves out of that 18 foot metered parking space?

I don't get the car drivers' hostility to bicycle commuters. I DO get the hostility to traffic scofflaws regardless of the number of wheels, I do. And bikers can be supreme assholes about it. If I was a car driver, I'd be happy to get more people on bikes because that frees up a lot more road space by virtue of the car that's not there.

Being a dick in traffic is not cool--period.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #24
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

It doesn't free up any space, because not knowing what the hell they'll do next, I have to give them so much room. I don't want to run over them and scratch my paint or put up with the smell of blood on my hot exhaust pipes. that's yucky.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
like a bicycle used for commuting by an individual, as opposed to a vehicle with more general purpose capabilities. the motor don't factor into it. in Seattle, and likely most other places, the bicycles are subject to the rules for vehicles. on the road not the sidewalk, stopping at lights, rights of way, speed limits (ha), etc. I'm just pointing out how this one might be used most likely. Like a bike commuter uses his bike.
Cyclists are not required to have a license, insurance, or license plates. They technically do not even need to carry ID, although they run the same risks as everyone else in moving around without documents. I can't see anyone but a bicycle cop being able to stop a bicyclist who refuses to stop.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #26
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
I've been pulled over by cops while I was on my bicycle. It's a good idea not to run form the cops, because everybody knows if the police have to come and get you, they're bringing an ass-kicking with them.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:00 AM   #27
SPUCK
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtimer View Post
Look again at that dude riding his unicycle. Look again at the retractable training wheels. Think he's going to score? Ever?
You can obviously pick up hot babes with it.. As demonstrated in 2 of the 3 vids.

Last edited by SPUCK; 01-21-2013 at 06:05 AM.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #28
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

foot that was hilarious.

(and good tips, too~!)
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #29
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
Name:  thorsmall.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  9.8 KB
Fuckin' A!

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote