The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 08-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #2596
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

http://www.canistream.it/
Quote:
How Can I Stream It? Works

CanIStream.It is a free service created by Urban Pixels that allows you to search across the most popular streaming, rental, and purchase services to find where a movie is available. If the movie you're looking for is not available, just sign-up, set a reminder and voila we will shoot you an email when your chosen service makes the movie available. It's simple and fast.

It looks for the title you provide in their database of movies or in their database of tv shows. It scans for your title in five different categories: Instant Streaming, Streaming Rental, Digital Purchase, DVD/BluRay, and Xfinity Subscribers.
There's an app for that too. Super awesome, consolidating searches to one place.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #2597
Lamplighter
Person who doesn't update the user title

One thing I enjoy about the Cellar is following links into new ideas and images.
Today's IOD about Mt Etna and smoke rings somehow lead me to this web site.
I think it deserves it's own posted link...

20 Coolest Buildboards From Around the World

Here is one of them...

Quote:

Name:  4_oliver_khann.jpg
Views: 341
Size:  36.4 KB

During preparations for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany,
Adidas created a variety of ad campaigns, commercial installations,
guerrilla marketing and billboards.
This vast image of Germany’s goalkeeper Oliver Kahn was attached to
a bridge at the entrance to Munich airport.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #2598
glatt

I was looking for the source of an image that looked like it might have been a Norman Rockwell paining, and I stumbled across this site because it has the words "Norman" and "Rockwell" in it.

I give you, Small Town Noir.
This guy found old mugshots in the trash outside the New Castle, PA police station, and he saved them and then looked up what public information he could find on the folks in those pictures in order to write about their lives.

for example, check out John Franell.
Name:  john-franell.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  30.3 KB

Quote:
John Franell, a lifelong resident of Altoona, was an honor roll student in elementary school and sang in his local athletics club’s barbershop quartet when he was in high school. After graduation, he worked as a produce clerk and spent a lot of time in bars. He was arrested a few times—fighting, disorderly conduct, a little light larceny—and was conscripted into the combat engineers in 1942.

After the war, John became a small-time thief, stealing crates of produce, frozen chickens and other groceries from warehouses and selling them cheap in bars and cafés. By the middle of the fifties, he had become a well-known figure in Altoona’s court house, and was told by a judge that he would face years in jail if he violated his probation again. He left Altoona for New Castle, but his arrest for drunkenness in 1957 is the only record of his time in the city. He was back in Altoona by the following February, when he was arrested for burglary.

John was homeless at forty-six, sleeping either in the streets, in the Rescue Mission or in the city jail’s drunk tank. Over the next few years, he was arrested for siphoning gas from a truck, stealing a car, burglarly, larceny and receiving stolen goods. He turned sixty while serving a three-year sentence in the workhouse.

John was never arrested for theft again but appeared in court countless times on charges of drunkenness, disorderly conduct and breach of the peace. In August 1974, by which time he was known to everyone as Whiskey John, he was arrested seven times in four days. Every few months he was hospitalised with lacerations on his forehead, contusions on his head, abrasions on his arms, chest and sides and fractured ribs—all injuries that he sustained when he threw himself in front of moving cars. Once, a car crushed his foot and doctors had to amputate his toes.

On April 4th, 1976, John was beaten to death in the hallway of an apartment where he was staying. He was seventy-one years old. There were no leads, and his killer was never found.
Poor man.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #2599
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This chick is creepy.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #2600
glatt

Indeed.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #2601
chrisinhouston
Professor

Looks hung over with those blood shot eyes.

Interesting but the server is located in Brazil and the domain nationality is Cocos, Keeling Islands near Australia.

Last edited by chrisinhouston; 08-23-2013 at 12:29 PM.
chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #2602
Lamplighter

Do you recognize this formula: a^2 + b^2 = c^2 ?
It's the Pythagorean theorem

Recently I came across this website with all sorts of articles, and was intrigued
by the one entitled: "Most-Beautiful-Mathematical-Equations"

Here are two from their selection:

Name:  calculus-equation.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  175.4 KBName:  standard-model-equations.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  83.1 KB

Quote:
"The fundamental theorem of calculus (FTC) allows us to determine
the net change over an interval based on the rate of change over the entire interval."

"The Standard Model describes the collection of fundamental particles
currently thought to make up our universe."
I won't claim to understand all of them, nor even a single one of them.

But as I read their brief (layman's) descriptions, it seemed to me they represent
what education is all about... connecting the physical world with theoretical world.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #2603
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Darth Vader, riding a unicycle, while playing one of the Star Wars themes on a flame-throwing bagpipe.

No shit.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #2604
Lamplighter

If he's not careful he's going to do an imitation of Isador Duncan.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #2605
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Isadora, and stop making me learn stuff.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #2606
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

A jaguar swims across a river to attack a 150lb caiman, and then takes it back across. Too many pics to post, so click here to go to the HuffPo article. SFW, and Safe For Lunch.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #2607
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

The gross part was when it made shoes and a belt out of the skin.
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #2608
glatt

Cool pictures. That's not something you see every day.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #2609
Griff
still says videotape

Bad ass cat.
Old 09-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #2610
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

If you've got a minute or two, Dr. Chris Kraft would like to give you his opinion of today's NASA.

Quote:
"So what you've got is a beast of a rocket that would give you all of this capability, which you can't build because you don't have the money to build it in the first place, and you can't operate it if you had it."
C'mon Chris, tell us what you really think.