Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-15-2017, 09:32 PM   #46
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Far from it. But my comments say why sexobon has extremist tendencies. He routtinely replies to everything I post with his emotions and insults.

Extremist - just like the Donald.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
And like Hillary, by your definition.
Far from it, tw. But my commrnts say why tw has hypocritical presentation. He routinely applies double standards and fallacies.

Loser - just like Hillary.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #47
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Far from it, tw. But my commrnts say why tw has hypocritical presentation. He routinely applies double standards and fallacies.

Loser - just like Hillary.
Cheapshots and insults based in emotion. An extremist with a Donald Trump, Geert Wilder, Marine Le Pen, and Boris Johnson temperament.

Last edited by tw; 03-16-2017 at 08:53 AM.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:56 AM   #48
tw

Quote:
why new tunnels, bridges, and rails cannot be created, why coal must keep destroying jobs, and why a 2007 recession was created. Extremists were so dumb as to even hate TARP. So dumb at to attack teachers. So dumb as to know global warming does not exist and is not created by mankind. So dumb as to hate network neutrality and innovation. So dumb as to destroy research and science in space, quantum physics, stem cell, and environmental. So dumb as to believe enriching the rich is good - and trickle down economics. So dumb as to think economies prosper by inventing new financial tools. So dumb as to even advocate putting Social Security in the stock market. So dumb as to hate globalization, TPP, and George Sr new world order. So dumb as to think a V-8 engine means a bigger penis. So dumb as to believe crime is rampant - we all need bigger guns. So dumb as to think stock brokers and business school trained executives are smart - can be trusted - deserve to be paid $millions annually. So dumb as to think 85% of all problems are directly traceable to others who don't look or talk like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
And like Hillary, by your definition.
How is any of that Hillary? That defines Hilary's nemesis, Rush Limbaugh.

Extremist even hype hate of drug addicts - while even being one. Is that Hilary? No. That is the convicted oxycontin addict - Limbaugh.

Which then raises another question. Are extremists routine liars?
Old 03-16-2017, 09:21 AM   #49
Griff
still says videotape

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...news-poll-315/

interesting poll...

Sanders would seem to be the Centrist while Pelosi and Ryan are the extremists.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:24 AM   #50
glatt

I know I consider McConnell to be a piece of shit, and I wondered if it's only because of the bubble I'm in. Apparently there are a tremendous number of people in the same bubble. He's got the lowest approval rating of anyone in this poll.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #51
Griff
still says videotape

I heard a retired coal miner going off on Mitch, no love there.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #52
Flint
Snowflake

What if we all took, as the central tenet of our civic duty, to identify politicians whose policy positions actually corresponded the strongest to the people they are tasked with representing, and accordingly voted for those politicians.

For example, in 2016, there was a candidate whose platform overwhelmingly corresponded to the middle-of-the-road positions of the majority of Americans--including, but not limited to traditional, working-class families. That candidate was Bernie Sanders. Although it has come to light that his candidacy was squashed by the corrupt DNC (which was patently obvious in the first place), it is also true that legions of Hillary supporters jumped on the fraudulent "Bernie Bro" narrative, driven by fervent opposition politics, and the espoused belief in picking a "safe" choice.

Pick the politician who stands for what you believe in, motherƒuckers, and forget all the political nonsense that "smart" people are supposed to weigh against their own best interests.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #53
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
I heard a retired coal miner going off on Mitch, no love there.
Coal miners (especially WV region miners) are an angry lot that deserve to be angry. However they fail to direct their anger at the reason for their plight.

Name an innovation in coal in the past 40 years. Even new coal plants in TX are thermodynamically less efficient than one built in Philadelphia in the 1960s. Coal industry even rejected the IGCC method of making coal cleaner and more efficient. Coal industry hates innovation. So employees suffer even in mines where management even turned off or refused to repair fans necessary to eliminate methane explosions. We now know these decisions were made at highest level of management.

So they blame their declining living standards on environmentalists, politicians, free market economics, demands from other states for cleaner power, and McConnell? It would help if they first learned why their industry must be downsized. If a domestic industry fails to innovate, then free markets demand its destruction.

Maybe they should blame free markets?

Miners demonstrate why so many are angry. They don't first learn reasons for their plight. They seek soundbyte answers. Soundbytes - especially when not quantified - are akin to a lie.

Last edited by tw; 03-16-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #54
Griff
still says videotape

I find myself standing with flint. I don't hear anything so outrageous from Bernie and he's been known to seek common ground. Maybe our politics are so angry because of individual cognitive dissonance, the parties represent their donors and folks are having trouble divorcing themselves from the old party habit.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:21 PM   #55
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

"Bernie Bros" may have been exaggerated, but they existed, and it's easy for small numbers of assholes to have an outsize impact on social media. As a Bernie supporter myself, I was pleased when Sanders himself rejected them (not "denied their existence"; rejected them).

I picked Bernie, and when he lost the primary I picked the candidate he supported.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #56
Flint
Snowflake

We are facing unprecedented political theater, from all sides, to distract us from the fact that Bernie almost mounted a legitimate challenge to the corporate stranglehold on the American political system.

Last edited by Flint; 03-16-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #57
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
"Bernie Bros" may have been exaggerated, but they existed, [END QUOTE]
Sure, and people who supported Hillary, but were total cvnts, certainly must have existed, but there wasn't a full court press by the entire mainstream media, to define them as a group, and force the narrative that they defined the candidate.

This was a political assassination, in which certain members of the public were gleefully complicit.

Last edited by Flint; 03-16-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #58
glatt

It's too bad Bernie is a million years old. I might have hope that he could run again if he wasn't. Does he have 8 years left in him? I'm doubtful.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #59
Flint
Snowflake

Elizabeth Warren does. So...she'll probably die in a plane wreck before too long, and we'll get stuck with Cory Booker, another corporate sell-out who will run on long-winded opposition to Trump and, hey, he's not white.

Last edited by Flint; 03-16-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #60
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

In 8 years she will be the same age as when Bernie ran.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote