The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 04-29-2019, 12:28 AM   #61
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Would you rather I say Fuck you I ain't no sheeple?
Old 04-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #62
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

whatever gets you through, man

henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:42 PM   #63
henry quirk

paraphrased

Blumenthal: you gonna give us those notes?

Barr: No.

Blumenthal: Why not?

Barr: Why should I?

Old 05-01-2019, 11:48 PM   #64
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Barr: Hey Blumenthal, I'm not Sessions. I'm not going to volunteer to put the knife up to my throat so that you can easily slice it.

(mic drop)
slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:02 AM   #65
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Hey Barr, maybe a few months in jail for contempt of congress will convince you. Or maybe the US Attorney of DC will just raid your office and home.
Old 05-02-2019, 08:02 AM   #66
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Blumenthal: you gonna give us those notes?

Barr: No.

Blumenthal: Why not?

Barr: Why should I?

Not much of a public servant working for the people
Old 05-02-2019, 08:44 AM   #67
henry quirk

"Not much of a public servant working for the people"

sez who?

#

"Hey Barr, maybe a few months in jail for contempt of congress will convince you. Or maybe the US Attorney of DC will just raid your office and home."

cuz, we, the rulers, having abandoned our proper role as employees long ago, can't abide any dissent...we call the shots, we make the rules...'the people'? that rabble? they do what we say, when we say...you, Barr, are a unseemly obstacle...persons like yourself cast doubt on us...unacceptable, sir...totally unacceptable
Old 05-02-2019, 01:35 PM   #68
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Hey Barr, maybe a few months in jail for contempt of congress will convince you. Or maybe the US Attorney of DC will just raid your office and home.
This is actually a great idea and I hope it is pursued.

There are a lot, say a million people nationwide on the extreme low side, that are watching this whole sedition exercise and asking a lot of questions.

Now, these people are like me, complete morons, but there are significant numbers.

We have a lot of questions from our perspective. I thought this whole charade was about Trump being in league with the Russians to win the election? Did Mueller not prove that was not true?

If Mueller proved this is true, why don't they just arrest all these folks and be done with it?

If Mueller can't legally charge Trump because he is the president, why not charge his kids? Charge someone, right? Someone relevant.

If Democrats believe that it's the House's constitutional responsibility to oversee the DOJ and interpret Mueller probe and their evidence is solid, why not indict? And arrest?

But back to your point, not indicting but arresting Barr would be a great event for the people.

At that point it would be completely clear beyond any doubt to millions of Trump supporters that if you are opposed to big government and corruption, it makes absolutely no difference who you vote into office. That not only even when you have majorities in all 3, you're not going to be able to steer the government size and policy to your desire as a citizen, smaller government, more freedom ( from government ) and more independence.

That the monster cannot be reversed for certain, but even halted at it's current size and power.

At the point that people ( that aren't Democrats from California ) truly understand that there is no way out of this, that they can arrest Barr and Trump and anyone else that believes as they do, things might change.

If the beast can fabricate a situation where the entire Trump admin can be arrested, what does that mean for little old smaller government you?

What would this mean to your little brain thinking those smaller government thoughts?

It might mean, and I know this is outright crazy town, that sooner or later you'll be consumed by the beast. Voting doesn't matter.

That may ( or may not ) energize people to resist on a smaller scale with a greater intensity. Why not, you have nothing to lose, you can do anything.

So I do like your suggestion and would like to up it one. Arrest the management and staff Fox News and all similar minded small government websites, Youtube channels and pamphleteers.

Create a situation where people will no longer be concerned with their well being, or their home, or their pension or car or anything. Because they know they will lose all of these things in time regardless of their compliance.

And finally, this reaction could be completely symmetrical. Not arresting Barr could very well energize people too. We're in a tough spot as a country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Not much of a public servant working for the people
Which people? That is the question. Your people or mine?
Old 05-02-2019, 05:09 PM   #69
Griff
still says videotape

Spex, my man, it isn't worth it.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:12 PM   #70
slang
St Petersburg, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Spex, my man, it isn't worth it.
Why isn't it? It's a good idea, arrest Barr. Then Trump and everyone.

You disagree?
Old 05-02-2019, 06:35 PM   #71
henry quirk

Slang,

What I think Griff means: it's not worth it for Spexxvet to argue the point(s) with atavistic me or sensible you.

And: Griff is right. I won't move, you probably won't move, and Spexxvet probably won't move, so...

stalemate
Old 05-02-2019, 06:41 PM   #72
Griff
still says videotape

No thank you, I won't be playing.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:46 AM   #73
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Oh yes you will; or, we'll hold you in contempt of The Cellar.

Red rover, red rover, send Griff on over.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:46 AM   #74
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

So many threats, accusations, and speculation. All of this will be settled on 15 May when Mueller testifies before Congress. That should give talk show host, liars, and wild speculators enough time to commit to their opinions. Then we can deal with what he really says.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 08:40 AM   #75
henry quirk

"15 May when Mueller testifies"

I wasn't aware a date had been set...gonna be interesting to see how badly the propagandists beat up on him when he doesn't follow the script.