The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > The Internet
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

The Internet Web sites, web development, email, chat, bandwidth, the net and society

Old 07-29-2005, 10:58 PM   #841
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagen4o4
i dont even use or know of any other topics in the cellar. i just use it for TINP, this and the official forum are really the only 2 worth looking at on the subject. if you google most things from TINP you get a link to this thread. theres something like 1100 posts on this now?
Yeah, but why the Cellar? Does it somehow hold the ultimate clue? Or is it just that UT is more tolerant than most? (You do know who UT is, right?)

Oh yeah, to contribute a bit to some of your more recent discussions:

In Norse mythology, Hel is the ruler of Helheim, the realm of the dead. She is the youngest child of the evil god Loki and the giantess Angrboda

"Dropping the ax" generally means giving the bad news, getting rid of a group, or telling the harsh truth like it is.

Last edited by marichiko; 07-29-2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:00 AM   #842
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Yeah, but why the Cellar? Does it somehow hold the ultimate clue? Or is it just that UT is more tolerant than most? (You do know who UT is, right?)

Oh yeah, to contribute a bit to some of your more recent discussions:

In Norse mythology, Hel is the ruler of Helheim, the realm of the dead. She is the youngest child of the evil god Loki and the giantess Angrboda

"Dropping the ax" generally means giving the bad news, getting rid of a group, or telling the harsh truth like it is.
UT? no i dont, admin im guessing?

where does the dropping the axe/bad news term come from?
Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:18 AM   #843
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marichiko
Well, Cellarites started discussing it, which caused it to show up in search engines, which attracted more TINP fans, who remained after the Cellarites lost interest.

(Note for those TINP folk who have usernames, the "New Posts" link up top will give you a good idea of what sorts of other topics are currently being discussed on the Cellar.)
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:10 AM   #844
KristianBoruff
Kinda New Member

Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage!
KristianBoruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #845
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Admin who doesn't mind people using the thread for TINP. It increases our Google value as a site, and once in a while one of y'all will check out the rest of the system and find us interesting. So there is some give and take really.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 04:23 PM   #846
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagen4o4

where does the dropping the axe/bad news term come from?
I would imagine its a quaint expression lingering on from the middle ages when people were commonly executed by being beheaded. You put your head on a wooden block and the executioner dropped his ax on your neck. If you were lucky, he'd sharpened his ax the night before. If you weren't lucky, he might have had to make several attempts.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:29 PM   #847
EliteAssasin
Dog O'Nine Tails

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristianBoruff
Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage!

Is This The Real Kristian Boruff?

has he decided to be here and at TINP?

Are You The Real Deal?
Or An Imposter?

Also

Nice Refrenence To W***********(Gets Shot In The Back Of The Head)

Last edited by EliteAssasin; 07-30-2005 at 06:42 PM.
EliteAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:34 PM   #848
Kagen4o4
The Sheriff of Nothingland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristianBoruff

this is definately interesting. what would TINP be doing here? (despite the obvious)
Kagen4o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:34 PM   #849
Hajik
Glorified Gunslinger

Oh my god.. That thing he said is a quote. It's from the Wizard of Oz. The lion said it when he was asked how he would act as the "King if the Forest". I hope that helps.

There is some more to it but not much, this is what he said exactly.

How? Courage! What makes a King out of a slave? Courage!
What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage!
What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage!
What makes the Sphinx the Seventh Wonder? Courage!
What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage!
What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the ape in ape-ricot? What have they got that I ain't got?

Also here's the link to the page I got it from. It's a summary of that whole scene.

HTML Code:
http://nascarulz.tripod.com/ozking.html

Last edited by Hajik; 07-30-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Hajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 10:44 PM   #850
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajik
Oh my god.. That thing he said is a quote. It's from the Wizard of Oz. The lion said it when he was asked how he would act as the "King if the Forest". I hope that helps.

There is some more to it but not much, this is what he said exactly.

How? Courage! What makes a King out of a slave? Courage!
What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage!
What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage!
What makes the Sphinx the Seventh Wonder? Courage!
What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage!
What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the ape in ape-ricot? What have they got that I ain't got?

Also here's the link to the page I got it from. It's a summary of that whole scene.

HTML Code:
http://nascarulz.tripod.com/ozking.html
Sometimes late when things are real
And people share the gift of gab between themselves
Some are quick to take the bait
And catch the perfect prize that waits among the shelves

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have
And Cause never was the reason for the evening
Or the tropic of Sir Galahad.

If you will recall the Tin Man carried an ax, and your friend showed up at the point of discussing the meaning of "dropping the ax."
Old 07-30-2005, 11:16 PM   #851
Hajik
Glorified Gunslinger

There are some major differences from the book and the movie, so I don't know which one he's refrencing(sp) although chances are it's probably the book. As for the differences the movie is sugarcoated compared to the book. You think of it like this the is like American McGee's Alice, dark, twisted, and an overall not nice version of the story. Were as the movie is sugarcoated and "kid-friendly" compared to that game. It's sorta like that, although the book isn't supposed to be scary, it does have some differences in it that cause it to be more dark then the movie was. As for the axe, the Tin Man certainly uses it more liberaly then in the movie. I've never read the book, and it's been a long time since I've seen the movie so don't hesitate to correct me. But the only time the Tin Man uses his axe in the movie is to chop down a door barring the Tin Man, Lion, and Scarecrow from the witch and Dorothy. In the book the Tin Man cuts the head off a wildcat and there was something about him cutting the limbs off trees that were alive. Afterwards the trees sway in pain and terror.

Last edited by Hajik; 07-30-2005 at 11:30 PM.
Hajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:23 PM   #852
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Perhaps the point is to bring you along the chain of logic to remember that the Scarecrow spent his time singing, "If I Only had a Brain."

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 11:31 PM   #853
marichiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf
Perhaps the point is to bring you along the chain of logic to remember that the Scarecrow spent his time singing, "If I Only had a Brain."
Damn, Wolf! How come you're not President?
Old 07-31-2005, 11:25 AM   #854
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Insufficient financial backing.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:36 AM   #855
EliteAssasin
Dog O'Nine Tails

Drop His Axe=Tin Man

TIN MAN=PROTAG OF DDD!

just a theory

Also At The End Of WoZ-

SPOILERS AHEAD
Dorothy woke up at the end at her house.

The House On /6/=WoZ Connection

Maybe?

And just a quick little possible connection,

DDD had a Tornado of events and they were all wierd and mixed up and stuff.

Protag was caught in a "Tornado" of events that brought him to a paranormal reality

WoZ=Tornado brought Dorothy to a wierd world and stuff.and when she finally got to the wizard Of Woz,her dream ended and she got caught back up with Reality

Just a possibility that we Can Use WoZ more after we solve the drop Axe thingy

Last edited by EliteAssasin; 07-31-2005 at 02:46 PM.
EliteAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote