Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-22-2008, 11:18 AM   #391
jinx
Come on, cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae Girl View Post
S'not irritating me more than any other day, but I'm not now and have never been a fan of clone threads.
I'm not a huge fan myself, I just see it as someone contributing what they like to contribute... and the intention is to be funny. There are plenty of posts and threads that are intended to piss people off, that intend to show how brilliant and superior the poster is, etc etc... and they usually aren't labeled as obviously as clone threads so they're harder to skip over.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #392
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

SteveDallas--maybe this is a dumb question, but if you have to get up to get your daughter on the bus, why not just drive her in the first place, 15 minutes before school starts?
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:27 PM   #393
Flint
Snowflake

I'll field this one.

The answer is because shut up, that's why.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #394
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
SteveDallas--maybe this is a dumb question, but if you have to get up to get your daughter on the bus, why not just drive her in the first place, 15 minutes before school starts?
Because, apparently, she values time to socialize with her friends on the bus more than she values an extra half hour of sleep.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 PM   #395
Flint
Snowflake

What's a socialize?
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #396
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

I plan to start researching that after I figure out what "friends" are.
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:50 AM   #397
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

ME!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:24 AM   #398
DucksNuts
Bitchy Little Brat

You're irritating yourself?
DucksNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #399
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

a gypsy-souled woman in black with loads of silvery jewelry and hair till tuesday.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:16 PM   #400
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

These guys.....they keep calling on the phone to get our business information....After I made inquiries about it, they gave me this web address..I called them back to let them know that they would not be able to give us a "complimentary listing" until they got their website in order.

They keep calling, 4 times this morning, and every time I have been hung up on for one reason or another. I think their website is fake, and I am not sure what they are doing with the information they are inquiring about.
http://www.mylocalreach.com/how-it-works.php
Crap it's another TM on the phone now, it's a recording so I won't be able to describe why I will not do anything at all for them.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #401
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Cic, it's just a sales scam. They put you in a "directory" of local businesses and then try to make you pay for a copy of it. When I was temping, I got calls like that all the damn time. One went so far as to blatantly lie and say I had verbally authorized the purchase, and claim they had a recording of it. They went so far as to play the recording of the call for my boss before they figured out I had said no such thing.

The magic phrase is, "Before you continue, let me tell you I am not authorized to purchase anything for this company." Works especially well with the Indian telemarketers for some reason.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #402
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I know it's a scam. That's why I called them back to discuss the issue with customer service. I told them their fake website sucked, and that they don't even have the capitilization in titles right. The links don't work and it isn't even a good fake.

I gave them some information when I called, like my phone number and to not call it again. I think they will do that. I don't think they want to get a hold of me again. lol!

They were actually pissed by the time I hung up. I had too many questions and wanted to talk about it.

I'm a chatty cathy. lol!
I decided to call them and bother them. And when I was done saying all I had to say, I continued to talk and talk....lol!
I don't know...maybe I'll call back some other time, when the auto dialer hits me again because they forgot to take my number out of their call stream.

I have decided to research the company every time someone calls me now. Right on the phone. I will tell the person on the other end what I have discovered in my research and keep them on the phone until I have had my fill.

I can't believe how cheesy that website is. It's sad that they are going to get someone somewhere on the line that will fall for their crap.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #403
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Everything irritated me today.
I went to a local business park on the bus after verifying that the company I was visiting provided the service I needed and was open. When I got there the only man who could provide the specific service had just left. I left too, politely, but fuming until my hair started to lift from my head and crinkle.

Then I walked back to work past two - TWO - nearer businesses that provided the same service. That was my own stupidity, but no less irritating.

Then everyone at work wanted a piece of me, just as I was settling down to do something quite complex which required full concentration. They never bug me when I'm franking the post or booking tickets online, nooooooooo. Leave it til Friday when I am cross checking info between two different paper files (my predecessor loved teh paper) a spreadsheet and various word documents why doncha? And of course it was all urgent because it was Friday afternoon, when I know most of it could have either waited til Tuesday or was only urgent because they'd hung onto it.

And my wisdom tooth is making another bid for freedom and is hurting my gum, which makes me tetchy.

And it's Friday and I was working after work so no chill out & relax for Cherry and I was shanghai'd into coming into work at 09.00 tomorrow (today!) to open up for an artist who has no keys because of course I live the closest. So no lie-in for me & Diz. Well - for me - he'll wake me up at some time between 05.00 and 06.00 crying because he's sleeping alone and wants to come under the covers with me rather than be in his heated cat bed.

AnyWAY.

The pub was superb tonight. Worked an extra hour, got an extra £10. Happy with my lot so it all worked out okay. Still a bugger about tomorrow, but I might just go back to bed & read once the artist has gone. Need to be fresh for Eurovision.

Thank you for listening.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #404
Cloud

you know those scrambled-up word codes they have you put in on various websites to make sure you're a RealHuman (tm) instead of a 'bot?

They are hard to read! and I can NEVER get them right the first time! arrgh!

Guess I'm just a bot after all.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:16 PM   #405
Cloud

there's no place in my frig that I can fit an open bottle of wine in.

(and no, I can't drink a whole bottle by myself at once. Well, I could . . . )

Tags
mild cheddar