The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #241
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Badelaide, Baustralia
Posts: 12,861
Oh come on, you cynic. It clearly says it was "Verifed" by Visa, there at the bottom. Have a little trust!
__________________
Shut up and hug. MoreThanPretty, Nov 5, 2008.
Just because I'm nominally polite, does not make me a pussy. Sundae Girl.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #242
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 63,443
That shit was one of the stories on 60 Minutes tonight, fucking up peoples credit ratings over charge accounts, loans and mortgages they never had.
__________________
Everything is interesting... look closer.
xoxoxoBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #243
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street
Posts: 18,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Oh come on, you cynic. It clearly says it was "Verifed" by Visa, there at the bottom. Have a little trust!
Not to pick nits, but it clearly said Verifiedby Visa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
That shit was one of the stories on 60 Minutes tonight, fucking up peoples credit ratings over charge accounts, loans and mortgages they never had.
In my case they'd be fucking up the credit rating I never had either.
__________________
the internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously? - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #244
Sundae
polaroid of perfection
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 24,185
Ah - sorry, Foots.
I meant to tell you about that.

There was just such a cute little cat TV on eBay and well, you will leave your card details lying around. Diz says thank you. Although he prefers the box it was shipped in...
__________________
Life's hard you know, so strike a pose on a Cadillac
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #245
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Badelaide, Baustralia
Posts: 12,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Not to pick nits, but it clearly said Verifiedby Visa.

No, the other bottom. The lower one.


Well, VerifedbyVisa, really.
__________________
Shut up and hug. MoreThanPretty, Nov 5, 2008.
Just because I'm nominally polite, does not make me a pussy. Sundae Girl.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:42 AM   #246
Sundae
polaroid of perfection
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 24,185
Going to the cinema tomorrow. Les Mis probably, it's on at the right time. Costs less at lunchtime too, but there are only early showings at the start of the week.

Was gifted a snow day today, so haven't had to pretend.
Tomorrow afternoon I go to see Seb (counselling) so I'll lay it all out and ask for advice.
He might know someone who needs a volunteer. Probably not in his line of work, given that I am newly recovering. But it's worth asking.

Barring that I'll just knock on some doors. Anywhere that needs a pair of hands will do I guess.

Mum & I have arranged to go to Borough Market (London) on the Thursday of half term. Looking forward to it. Money for the fare is an issue - you know me, money is always an issue but I think I can swing it. It's a great place just to look, even if you can't buy. I'd love to go there and treat her to the famous street food, or one of the top-end eateries that do marvellous deals there. But all-in-all I think we'll just enjoy the day together. Walking, talking, sniffing, asking for free samples...!

Camera will be coming along for the ride. Brace yourselves for my usual lengthy write-up.
__________________
Life's hard you know, so strike a pose on a Cadillac
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #247
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Badelaide, Baustralia
Posts: 12,861
*thinking* ....

Can you really keep this under wraps? With your mum's community wide gossip network on the job? Would a forced exposure be worse than a controlled disclosure?

Talk to this counsellor person. Good luck.
__________________
Shut up and hug. MoreThanPretty, Nov 5, 2008.
Just because I'm nominally polite, does not make me a pussy. Sundae Girl.
ZenGum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #248
Sundae
polaroid of perfection
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 24,185
Mum doesn't know anyone from school.
Well, Maureen who suggested I volunteered there, but that was only because it was annouced in her church that they needed volunteers. C of E, not Catholic - Mum knows no-one else from there.

Also it's being kept on the QT by the school. Suspicions about whether an LSA is capable of fulfilling her role does not reflect well on the school and would never be disclosed to parents.

Can't say anything else. I do believe I am free from blame regarding this instance. And even that is probably too much.

Also, Mum is the kind of person who doesn't necessarily place much value on honesty. We have so many elephants in our living room I'm surprised there is room to breathe. I was amazed at things that came out at Grandad's 80th. A cousin had to live with them for a few years because of spousal abuse, another spent time in prison after robbing his superior officer in WWII, Cousin T got a 15 yo pregnant (mother a prostitute, father a Chinese sailor.)

And yet I was the disgrace of the family because I got divorced. Ho-hum.
Mum was right though. She said I'd leave him and break his heart. Can't fault her there.

We're a funny old bunch.
__________________
Life's hard you know, so strike a pose on a Cadillac
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #249
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street
Posts: 18,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
No, the other bottom. The lower one.


Well, VerifedbyVisa, really.
OMG you're right! I didn't notice that. Now, I'm beginning to get suspicious.
__________________
the internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously? - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #250
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: in the house and on the street
Posts: 18,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Can you really keep this under wraps? With your mum's community wide gossip network on the job? Would a forced exposure be worse than a controlled disclosure?

Quote:
Possibly said by Sundae:
"...to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me...

for this reason, and well aware of the seriousness of this act, with full freedom I declare that I renounce the ministry of being your daughter..."
<-- crazy, but it just may work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Suspicions about whether an LSA is capable of fulfilling her role does not reflect well on the school and would never be disclosed to parents.
Leeds Softball Academy? London Stanstead Airport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
Mum is the kind of person who doesn't necessarily place much value on honesty. We have so many elephants in our living room I'm surprised there is room to breathe. I was amazed at things that came out at Grandad's 80th. A cousin had to live with them for a few years because of spousal abuse, another spent time in prison after robbing his superior officer in WWII, Cousin T got a 15 yo pregnant (mother a prostitute, father a Chinese sailor.)

And yet I was the disgrace of the family because I got divorced.
Clearly you disgraced her because you were slacking in comparison to the rest of your family.
__________________
the internet is a hateful stew of vomit you can never take completely seriously? - Her Fobs
footfootfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #251
Sundae
polaroid of perfection
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: West Yorkshire
Posts: 24,185
Learning Support Assistant
I am very slightly less important than the Pope. But good call otherwise.
__________________
Life's hard you know, so strike a pose on a Cadillac
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #252
monster
pinstriped
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Perpetual Chaos
Posts: 28,945
I hear there's a vacancy at the vatican, Sundae. Board and lodgings are included and wifi with your own twitter account. Exotic city, randy locals.....

there are some very wise people here if you need to really talk. I often read in awe at the sageness of their advice. meanwhile at least half term is coming so you can lie in legitimately.

*coughanoncough*
__________________
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity Amelia Earhart
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #253
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,002
So when a(NOTHER) consultant comes in...this one another 'compliance' person, would you think it odd that when you introduce yourself she says "Oh, your name is all over some of his reports."

I did a jokey "WHAAAAAAAA?" and she just smiled and nodded her head vigorously.

Whose reports? My hope is that our IntDir, who IS helping me and seems sympathetic to my unique plight, has shown that compliance on MY responsibilities has always taken a back seat to the Fiasco of the Month. No matter how I've asked for helpz.

But I'm not going to try to predict the future (the future being 11:30 today) or even worry about it. The options are clear, and I've been prepared for anything since my time in the bin. This new attitude affords a certain kind of inner peace, as opposed to the other feeling of being trapped and at the mercy of everyone.

I, for one, welcome my (getting there) calmer internal overlord.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #254
glatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 26,438
I'll be really curious to hear how it goes. I'm glad you've got inner peace.

glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #255
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,002
I don't even have to listen to that to know Frank is bellowing "SERENITY NOW!"



Thanks, that was awesome.

edit: I see it says serenity now on the vid post but I still would've known. I've been rewatching Seinfeld from 7-8 every night. It keeps me laughing.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
philadelphia cream


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.