The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-08-2018, 11:07 PM   #6421
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Great, in general. Still very anxious around strangers outside the home, but cool with anyone who visits us. Successfully gained a couple pounds, and is totally snuggly with us and able to be left alone in the house without chewing on anything. She was basically housebroken, too--though her tiny colon has to poop four times a day--but then the last few days she's started to insist that she doesn't need to go when we let her out, and then sneak off and poop upstairs when we're not looking.

Fortunately, her poop is dry and solid and leaves no stains. Unfortunately, it is still poop.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:56 AM   #6422
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Something may have unnerved her while pooing outside at some point.

My advice, for what it is worth:no telling off when she does it in the house - dogs aren't great at associating the lesson in the present with the action in the past. Unless you catch them in the act - in which case you then run the risk of them learning a very strong but unwelcome lesson that creates or increases anxiety around doing their business. You can inadvertently do the same thing if you pick a pup up when it starts doing its business and carry it to the mat, or outside - rather than letting them finish then picking them up and taking them to the mat or outside, or better yet anticipating when they are likely to want to do it and getting them onto the mat or outside ready for when the urge hits.

Keep taking her out and giving her the opportunity at the times she is most likely to want to do it (after a play , after waking, after a meal etc) and give her a treat if she does anything out there, whether its a piss or a poop.

And find a way if possible to block her from going to the indoor spot she has chosen.

Difficult to that stuff with consistency, particularly if you have family stuff and work to contend with as well.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 01:43 AM   #6423
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

If the dog is consistently pooping in the same room, try feeding the dog in that room. A dog won't usually poop where he eats if he has a choice.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:29 AM   #6424
DanaC

That's a fucking brilliant idea
Old 02-10-2018, 07:21 AM   #6425
Clodfobble

Unfortunately, moving her food is a dangerous idea because she also stops eating when she gets anxious. I had to sit on the floor and spoon feed her for the first couple of weeks until she trusted what was in the bowl.

We're having a mild battle of wills over it, at this point. I know when she needs to go--every 3-4 hours, like clockwork, and I get up at the same time every day. Plus, she absolutely understands the command to "Go potty." So the last two days, she and I have just stood outside for 20 minutes until she goes, with me endlessly and emotionlessly repeating it. (And then, of course, she gets a treat as soon as she does.) We were there once and we'll get there again, it's just cold and wet outside, and I'm impatient.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:48 AM   #6426
DanaC

Sounds like you're approaching it well Clod. You'll get there.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:40 PM   #6427
Clodfobble

I drove for six hours, and my laptop's charger cable broke, and I have a headache because I'm stupid and ate a pint of ice cream and a bag of potato chips for lunch, and we're going to see Black Panther tonight and I'm afraid my mood will make it less enjoyable than it would otherwise be.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:18 PM   #6428
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Just braved the snow to go into town for a few things. On the way back, while driving down my long gravel road, a rock - A FUCKING ROCK - punctured the front tire of my pick up. It's out there right now, spitting air, and will soon be flat.

This is the fouth flat I've had in the last six months or so, all on new tires. Goddammit.

Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #6429
captainhook455
Rapscallion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
Just braved the snow to go into town for a few things. On the way back, while driving down my long gravel road, a rock - A FUCKING ROCK - punctured the front tire of my pick up. It's out there right now, spitting air, and will soon be flat.

This is the fouth flat I've had in the last six months or so, all on new tires. Goddammit.

Must be something to say about tire insurance. Ask Jim.
captainhook455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 11:39 AM   #6430
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
Must be something to say about tire insurance. Ask Jim.
I had no idea there was such a thing. Definitely have to check into that.

The good news is, I have roadside assistance with my auto insurance. The guy will be here in about half an hour. I have only once tried to change a tire on my truck by myself. I was pleased that I was able to get it done on a dark country gravel road in the middle of winter, but it took forever.

Ever tried getting the full-sized spare out from under a truck? Whoever came up with that lame thread-the-rod-through-the-tiny-opening-in-the-undercarriage idea should be fucking shot. And the jack? Don't get me started on the jack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYMlf9mk36U
Old 02-21-2018, 12:13 PM   #6431
Clodfobble

Most tire-specialty mechanics will offer insurance for flats. They'll try to patch it, and if they can't, you get a new tire. There's new home construction in our area, which means fucking nails everywhere all the time, and I've gotten at least 6 flats repaired/replaced for free in the last 2 years. Definitely worth it.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:58 PM   #6432
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post

Les Schwab is your friend
Old 02-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #6433
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhook455 View Post
Ask Jim.
Just don't try to make him smile.Name:  willy_nilly.gif
Views: 209
Size:  1.8 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #6434
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

What's mildly irritating you today?

Breathing. Too many ppl continue doing it. And I'm the worst offender. If a lot of ppl stopped, the world would be much better off. So much better off.

Ima start calling out the offenders. Walking down the street, point right at them and yell OFFENDER!!!!

Fuckin' offenders, man.

Ya oughta be able to just pull a Walter from The Dark Tower...Point at an offender and say "Stop breathing.", and when that motherfucker falls down, "Alright, alright, alright.", then go about yer day feeling refreshed.

Oh well.

Fuck 'em twice and piss on 'em. I'm going to go sit at the river in the goddamn rain. Watch the rain rundown the windshield. Smoke a great big, fat joint, enjoy a refreshing beverage. Fukkit, I ain't gotta drive nowhere. I can sit rfthere and fuck the world.

With all my friends. My appreciative, attentive friends.

Damn their souls.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:05 PM   #6435
Glinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Les Schwab is a really good company (I love the fact that the service guys are required to run), but you have to purchase your tires there to take advantage of the free tire repair thing.

I get my tires through a good friend that owns an auto repair shop, at his price. So, I save good money on tires, but have to spend $20 to have a flat fixed. I figure I'm still ahead of the game. I'd have to have another six or eight flats till I get to the break-even point, moneywise.

Besides, I like taking my business to my friend - he's a great guy with a couple of kids to support, and always gives me a good deal.

Tags
mild cheddar