Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 06-24-2011, 10:56 AM   #616
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

mold allergy headache.

Och. 'Tis bad, it 'tis.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:18 AM   #617
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

People who seek you out then ignore you right to your face. You're welcome very much.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:30 PM   #618
monster
I hear them call the tide

scorching my back...

I got sunburned. And I was fastidious with my sunblock. Which I ain't always.

I'm pissed

and scorched
Old 07-02-2011, 05:19 AM   #619
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

So.
Yesterday - ON MY BIRTHDAY! - I had a strip torn off me by a member of the office staff.

As agreed with my teacher, I came in at 10.00 yesterday.
I rarely reclaim hours, but it was my birthday and was discussed in advance.
It was only an hour after all - I would have been justified in asking for a lot more. The truth is I enjoy working there and clock-watching is the last thing on my mind.

When I got in, after arranging my cakes in the staffroom, I was sent out onto the field. There was a sponsored bounce taking place on a bouncy castle.
I knew about that, in fact posted about that here.

Once I got onto the field, I was wished happy birthday by some of the other TAs and when I asked who to report to I was told A. That's okay, A is already heading towards me. To wish me happy birthday no doubt?

Oh no no no no no.
Where had I been? No-one knew where I was. The Office (her emphasis) had no paperwork to say I would be late. Mr H (Headmaster) had no idea I would be off. I'm-sorry-but-I-have-to-ask-you-why-you-were-not-in-on-time.

What did I do?
Smiled affably as if this was a normal reaction. Replied helpfully and cheerfully. Apologised that I did not know the procedure, but would make sure she knew if it ever happened again. Took the wind out of her sails.

She dressed me down in front of all the other TAs (they were all on the field) and three classes of children - not that they were listening, they were focused on the bouncy castle. No-one has ever been told the hours I work EXCEPT Mrs P - we agreed them between us when I started work. Mr H TOLD me to do that. I have always had a flexible timetable due to the changing times of Speech Therapy meetings. I accept any changes and agree them with Mrs P and she really appreciates my flexibility (all the other TAs have children and genuinely can't switch their hours about as easily).

In hindsight? I should have laid into her in return. She wouldn't fuck with me again. Citalopram keeps my moods stable but I still have a temper.

I was told I wasn't actually needed on the field.
Bitch even suggested I went to work with Mrs LB as she had no TA (as opposed to Mrs P who managed to retain one)
Excuse me? I work with a named child. MYOFB, I will go where my contract says I will go.

I happened to mention to Mrs P what Bitch had said.
She was open-mouthed with shock.
"I discussed changing your hours with CAM! [Deputy Head]. She had no right to say that! I'm going to bring this up with CAM!"

Then it was break, and I was sat in the staffroom all alone
Happy Birthday to me....
Except Mrs LB came in and said brightly, "Having a happy birthday Cherry?!
"Well," and I told her the story. So what, I'm an evil witch when I want to be... Sneaky-Cherry comes out to play more quickly than Confrontational Cherry.
She was shocked and horrified (the school does tend to run on the goodwill of the TAs who work HOURS more than we are paid).
She said I should tell CAM.
I demurred, but who walked into the staffroom then?
Oh - CAM herself.

So the bottom line was I got a 3 minute blast of hot air.
But at least 20 minutes of sympathy and lots of ego-stroking about how valuable I am, how I have always gone above and beyond my contract and how marvellous I am. And Bitch got (or will get) a reminder of how to talk to valuable staff members.

She wished me a Happy Birthday when I left.
I was sweetness and light to her in return of course.
So maybe I did take the right approach - I hate conflict, especially in the workplace.

Still, there is a lottle part of me that thinks I should have channelled Monster and made the Bitch scared of me.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #620
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae
So maybe I did take the right approach - I hate conflict, especially in the workplace.

Still, there is a lottle part of me that thinks I should have channelled Monster and made the Bitch scared of me.
Oh no no, you did exactly the right thing, including politely tattling on the Bitch. It's far better to perfect your sweetest "eat shit and die" grin, and let the ones in charge hand out the bitchslapping. She'll be even more scared of you now that she knows she's being watched.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #621
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Wise Clod is right, as evah!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #622
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

This was scorching my groove earlier...
Attached Images

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #623
monster
I hear them call the tide

Frankly, I'd've done the same thing -you catch a lot more flies with honey
Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #624
Lola Bunny
Junior Master Dwellar

Lola Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:28 PM   #625
Clodfobble

Fucking $122 water bill because my dang stepkids have never been taught basic life skills like what to do with a running toilet. "We just thought it was broken." And what do you do with broken things? Apparently you just let them sit. Really? Yes, really--one of the toilets in their mom's family's house has been unusable for over a year now ("when you flush it, it overflows, so we just don't use it anymore.") Further discussion revealed that they didn't even know the word plumber. They are 13 and 9, for Christ's sake!

Popping a couple kids out does not make you a mother.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #626
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Damn Clod - sorry to hear that.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #627
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Fucking $122 water bill because my dang stepkids have never been taught basic life skills like what to do with a running toilet. "We just thought it was broken." And what do you do with broken things? Apparently you just let them sit. Really? Yes, really--one of the toilets in their mom's family's house has been unusable for over a year now ("when you flush it, it overflows, so we just don't use it anymore.") Further discussion revealed that they didn't even know the word plumber. They are 13 and 9, for Christ's sake!

Popping a couple kids out does not make you a mother.
Damn. I give you permission to smack mr. fobble for knocking that gal up.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:31 PM   #628
Clodfobble

Twice. Knocking her up twice. Dude was a dumbass, he doesn't dispute it.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #629
footfootfoot
To shreds, you say?

Location: in the house and on the street-how many, many feet we meet!
Srsly. Even if she had a magic pussy, you get to smack him once for each occurrence and once more for being a dumbass. Then he has either take you out to dinner (as in he watches the kids while you go out) or make you something for dinner that is pretty damn delicious.

BTW I like how you can use "fucking" as an adjective but you choose "dang" over "damn" or "damned" you are a classy broad and don't let any one tell you otherwise.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #630
Clodfobble

Well, "dang" was in reference to the kids, and I try not to directly swear about any of them. Kind of a weird line to draw, I guess, but it's not their fault their mom's a fucking moron.