The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 10-31-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
trupiks2
Non-Newbie Sort

TRUPIKS AND M.A.C. ARE BACK WITH THE PICKS YOU WANT

im back from a long vacation after my winnings from last season and i have been keeping an eye on this season. i also see that whip has improved from last season but still his numbers arent up to mine. though i will give him respect on the d-rays pick for only a witch who can see into the future couldve predicted that one. enough chitter-chat here are my picks of the week.

Baltimore @ Cleveland -2.5
The Browns are finally healthy and you are not going to see the ravens do what they did to them earlier this year. Flacco and this offence isnt anything special and Clevelands d is a very good one. baltimore doesnt score more than 10 and the Browns win this one in Cleveland, as they will win this division this year, 24-10.
One of the best bets of the week. Take the Browns

Arizona -3.5 @ St. Louis
With Kurt Warner leading this team i can see the Cards go real far in the playoffs or even to the Super Bowl. If this defence can stay healthy they are a well rounded team. i cant see the Rams doing anything in this with S. Jackson hurt even if he does play. The Rams also have a few starters banged up on their d. The Rams fans will se a great show on turf but not by their team.
Best bet of the week. Take the Cards

Miami @ Denver -4.5
I know the Bronco d has been playing poorly but on paper they're pretty good. Like the Colts D they cant play well when behind and this week they wont be. With Young, Scheffler and Stokley returning Jays gonna look like he did earlier this season. At Mile High, off the bye week with coach Shanahan Denver wins big. 41-24.
Take Denver

Dallas @ NYG -8.5
The Cowboys are banged up but they have alot of depth and in an important divisional match-up like this one this game is gonna be close. Brad has had a couple of weeks to get into a groove and he will put outagood outing in this one. Elis gonna see the most pressure hes seen all year. Dallas will send the blitz for their secondary is banged up. This game will be decided by a fg.
Take the Cowboys

NE @ Indy -5.5
Peyton knows this defence very well and with them aging and being less talented and not having Rodney, Peyton will have a Peyton kinda day. Also the fact that Sanders and Addai should be back for this one the Colts are going to go through teams from here on out. You didnt think the Colts with Peyton Manning still playing werent going to make the playoffs, did you? With the Pats backfield banged up their not gonna run well, (add to the fact that manning will have the colts up early) they will have to rely on Cassel to throw the ball and that front four of the Colts will be putting pressure on all day.
Take the Colts

Pit -1.5 @ Was
This will be a close game as both teams will struggle to put up points. But with the Steelers most likely to make more mistakes will cost them the game. i cant see them running the ball. Ben might make a few plays but nothing big. they might contain Portis to maybe 80-90 yards on 25-30 carries but with Jason managing the game better than anyone this year and making plays when they ask him to Washington wins this one 19-13.
Easy pick. Take the Skins

Other games to take into consideration.

NYJ @ Buf -5.5
this will be a high scoring affair where i believe the Bills prevail. The bills d will slow Favre more times than the Jets will Edwards. Bills win 44-34.
Take the Bills

Atlanta -3.5 @ Oakland
The both teams will find success running the ball. it comes down to which young qb will play better than the other one. I think J. Russell will win the battle at home as the Raiders grab their 3rd win of the year.
Take the Raiders
trupiks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
trupiks2
Non-Newbie Sort

I AM ALSO CALLING OUT ALL HANDICAPPERS THAT RESIDE IN THE GTA IF THEY WANT TO PUT A LITTLE WAGER DOWN ON A POINT SYSTEM THAT WOULD BE AGREED ON FOR SPREADS IN THE NFL.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
trupiks2
Non-Newbie Sort

Arizona -3.5 @ St. Louis
With Kurt Warner leading this team i can see the Cards go real far in the playoffs or even to the Super Bowl. If this defence can stay healthy they are a well rounded team. i cant see the Rams doing anything in this with S. Jackson hurt even if he does play. The Rams also have a few starters banged up on their d. The Rams fans will se a great show on turf but not by their team.
Best bet of the week. Take the Cards
Old 01-28-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
Griff
still says videotape

You know there is a date stamp, right?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
lumberjim
I can hear my ears

the hell?
lumberjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #6
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

HAHAHAHA - Maybe Whips percentages aren't as good as yours because he is picking games BEFORE they are played.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
Flint
Snowflake

FUCK YEAH DUDE GONNA RAKE IN HELLA BENJAMINS WOOOT!!!1
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Shouldn't that be in RED?