The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-15-2017, 10:21 PM   #3706
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I don't give a fuck what your politics are, shut up, make music, and bang on yer drum all day ya whiny bitch.
Classic example of an adult acting emotionally like a child. Must be a Trump supporter.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:10 AM   #3707
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Developmentally impaired Tw ignored facts that cigarette producers hired tw's father to advertise for them and tell Americans how just good they were. When one brand was promoted, all brands benefited. The tw family relished in the rewards their propaganda brought about and especially in the resulting demise of Americans they hate on.

The tw family attention to cigarettes has contributed to more than 480,000 deaths annually in the United States [CDC] and nearly 6 million deaths annually worldwide [CDC] due to cigarette smoking. Still, the developmentally impaired tw whines about others causing 60,000 total American military fatal casualties in Vietnam over 20 years, 5,000 total in the Gulf War to Mission Accomplished, and having to pay too much for gas at discount gas stations THAT SELL CIGARETTES.

The tw family tradition of propaganda would now have Americans believe that gas stations are only about selling gas. Tw wants to bamboozle Americans into forgeting about the cigarettes so more Americans will be harmed. Subversives are as subversives do and it gets passed down from one generation to the next, from a father who wanted harmful business to flourish in America to a son who wants American conveniences to wither. We're living in the tw family era of business propaganda directed against the hard working Americans they detest.

Developmentally impaired tw despises Americans stating facts and recognizes only sources who appease him in their form of presentation. When was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen to his rhetoric [rhetorical]?

Unfortunately this reality must be restated often until developmentally impaired tw finally realizes the reality that he's a control freak who's been brainwashed to hate on Americans. Must be a Hillary supporter too.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:30 AM   #3708
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
Classic example of an adult acting emotionally like a child. Must be a Trump supporter.
Oof.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #3709
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

IMHO, if you have a soapbox, you have some obligation to use it for things you believe in. For most celebrities, the desire to maximize profit by avoiding alienating some of their audience overrides that. On the pure subject of whether they should talk politics, I put the ones who do on the moral high ground, over those who try to avoid saying what they think (ones who don't have any thoughts to share aren't on this axis at all).

Of course, while they may be on the moral high ground on that subject, they may be exposing their moral altitude on many other subjects. The ones who keep silent do have a point; they have little, financially, to gain, and much to lose. I'm not likely to seek out a show starring an actor whose politics I like, but I am more likely to factor in my views on an actor whose politics I don't like. Not a huge factor, but it's there. I don't go to live shows, but if I did, and I thought they would talk politics, it would be magnified (still not much draw for someone I agree with, but a big turn-off for someone I don't).

So, while I can be disappointed with, or even repelled by, what a celebrity says from their soapbox, I admire them for doing it, and support them doing it, though I may not support them FOR doing it.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:40 AM   #3710
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Didn't work out well for the Dixie Chicks.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #3711
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

In the short run. They've done quite well since; it helps if the unpopular thing you say becomes quite popular. But you can't count on that, and there typically is more financial downside than upside to speaking out.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #3712
tw

Where is Pussy Riot?
Old 05-17-2017, 04:18 PM   #3713
sexobon

When was the last time you got the impression that tw liked you; or, valued your opinion and wasn't just feigning interest so you'd continue to listen to his rhetoric [rhetorical]? Tw is just a propagandist abusing this venue. Infantile tw is a riot.
Old 05-18-2017, 02:54 PM   #3714
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Where is Pussy Riot?
There as famous now as before they were thrown in jail.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #3715
tw

Quote:
There as famous now as before they were thrown in jail.
I don't believe all were thrown in jail. Are they still playing? Is the group intact? I did not think so. I had heard some played at the Sochi Winter Olympics. But found that too hard to believe and did not hear any confirming information.

I suspect they are only in existence in Western press discussion. Do not even know how well they are known in Russia - or still exist.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:05 PM   #3716
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Kinda what I'm saying.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:12 PM   #3717
sexobon

Quote:
Kinda what I'm saying.

Quote:
Tw identifies those he thinks are the most gullible among us and throws them a bone ('ataboy); or, something pleasant (humor) every so often to keep them hangin' on. If tw tries to get on your good side, it means he considers you a weakling.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:19 PM   #3718
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Only three went to jail in August of 2012. One was pardoned in the October and the other two served 21 months. Pussy Riot said in those two were out, but they performed with the group at the olympics. The group is still active,
Old 05-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #3719
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
One was pardoned in the October and the other two served 21 months.
What did she do to get pardoned. Its hard to tell from press reports where the line is drawn.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:18 PM   #3720
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
What did she do to get pardoned.
Putin.