The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 09-17-2017, 10:22 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sept 16th, 2017: Cute Paws

Sure kitten paws are cute, and puppy paws are adorable, we all know that.

But if you’d stop running around screaming like a little girl, while looking for a can of Raid or newspaper to
roll up, you’d see spider paws are cute too.

link
Old 09-18-2017, 07:19 AM   #2
glatt

Wow
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

No.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 12:45 AM   #4
SPUCK
Professor

Had no idea! I wonder if the hair has any grip action like Gecko's feet that use Van der Wahl's force to 'stick'. Maybe they just keep the spiders really quiet? I can honestly say I've never heard one walking.

We have a LED and ceramic sconce light I made up on our living room wall. I put one of the hi-power LEDs shining out the hole in the bottom, that's about an inch across, lighting down towards the floor.

I tend to lay on the floor late at night to use my laptop so I'm not just sitting on my ass all the time. Every night about exactly midnight a spider that's taken up residence in the sconce starts motoring around in that hole his web is across now. His shadow is a good ten inches across by the time it hits the floor by me. The first few times it was pretty shocking to see this enormous spider running across the floor out of the corner of my eye. Now I laugh at him.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 01:53 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Van der Waals force in geckos and spiders

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote