The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 09-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Sept 22nd, 2017: Psychedelic Smoothies

Pretty, but I don’t feel hunger… maybe if I smoked some of it.

Quote:
Life is more fun in color, so why not make your meals as bright as a rainbow? Rachel Lorton, a self-proclaimed “smoothie bowl enthusiast” creates eye-pleasing dishes that are a psychedelic twist on the popular culinary trend. Using all-natural ingredients, she produces colorful, swirling patterns that are so vibrant, their visual electricity practically leaps out of the bowl. Neon pink, ocean blue, and deep magenta together resemble tie dye prints you’d find on clothing. But don't let their hues fool you; Lorton has made her vegan creations good for you, too.

Quote:
Ingredients like turmeric, hemp heart, pea flower, and cantaloupe offer a variety of hues, in addition to their wellness benefits. Raw beetroot, especially, is a favorite of Lorton. “I love all of its nutritional characteristics, but I enjoy how it helps muscle recovery and stamina for working out the most.”

Quote:
Once she's made the smoothie base, she'll fill squirt bottles with pureed colors and layer them on top. Then, using a toothpick, she drags the colors back and forth to create the swirling patterns. Finally, cut fruit is added for colorful accents and textures.

I though a smoothie was smashed up fruit you could drink. Not being a hep cat I didn’t know smashed up veggies was also called
a smoothie, silly me thought it was soup. So I guess those are bowls of veggies smashed enough to drink which she decorates.
Projectile defecating anyone? Curiouser and curiouser.

link
Old 09-22-2017, 08:12 AM   #2
HitTheLake
Soylent Greenhorn

Colorful for sure, but I'm not sure they exceed the beauty of my favorite sort of meal...

There's green stuff on top... If I just eat that, is it vegan? Oh, who am I kidding, I'd probably just toss that aside.
HitTheLake is offline   Reply With Quote