The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 10-08-2020, 01:47 PM   #16
jaminhealth
Banned

Oh excuses excuses for bad behavior, it seems worse than ever on the net...the whole world is on edge from this "plandemic" -- I get that and know that.

Food kitchens are desperate for food and lines from those needing food are LONG....people who all had jobs and now out of work due to lockdowns.....was that the right thing to do afterall????? We'll never know as can't go back....
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 02:58 PM   #17
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
It's silly.
agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
They're on edge because of the political climate and its effects on their personal situations, especially as it impacts COVID-19 relief. Most here are not retired and will have a drastically different perspective from those who are retired and taking things in stride. There have been job losses, physical safety concerns and accompanying stress. Advice coming from someone not identifying with their situations may seem superfluous and a lot of it may be seen as indifference to the point of trolling.
Your empathy and common sense is starting to freak me out.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #18
glatt

She's had a few helpful comments, but doesn't seem to notice.

It been a while since we've had a new member and it's amusing the ripples it's causing as we learn about each other.

You know who I miss? Henry Quirk.

What do you think is going around in his head these days? I imagine he's staying the course, like UG.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:18 PM   #19
jaminhealth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
She's had a few helpful comments, but doesn't seem to notice.

It been a while since we've had a new member and it's amusing the ripples it's causing as we learn about each other.

What do you think is going around in his head these days? I imagine he's staying the course, like UG.
umm, so no new members here in a long time..wonder why. If a member hadn't directed me here, I would not be here....

I love love love when new people join the groups I'm on as we all get new FRESH info and opinions!!!!!!

glatt I'll give you a compliment, nice friendly face you have.
jaminhealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #20
Griff
still says videotape

I had the uncle of one of my kids try a Trump bait on me after a meeting. I expect he was disappointed but I'm not going to talk politics on the clock. I was tempted since it is a health department contract but if somebody still believes it's basically the flu I'd be wasting both our times.

Regarding the newb, I am entertained.

HQ isn't one to take in new information contrary to his beliefs, so I imagine it's second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:07 PM   #21
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by glatt View Post
So do I, we didn't agree on much but he could present his views without being an asshole.
Old 10-08-2020, 11:56 PM   #22
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
was that the right thing to do afterall????? We'll never know as can't go back....
We do know some facts. Countries that did the most severe lockdowns suffered least economic damage. Counties that did little or no lockdowns have now suffered the most GDP losses. Those numbers are only 7% downturns verses 14% GDP losses.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:49 PM   #23
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
So do I, we didn't agree on much but he could present his views without being an asshole.
Likewise. Being able to disagree without being disagreeable is admirable. HQ, if you're reading this, please check in.