The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 11-01-2019, 03:24 PM   #1936
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Cold here last night, low 28.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 08:49 PM   #1937
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
I say we put it at TW's house...
I thought the routine solution was to dump it in the ghetto.

What do dump truck carrying CO2 look like?
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:06 AM   #1938
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw View Post
That is almost zero compared to CO2 that is produced. Many of those products simply put CO2 back in the atmosphere - where those products are already extracting CO2 from. That does nothing to address rising CO2 levels.

Once extracted, CO2 must be put somewhere else - not back in the atmosphere.
The point is they are preventing these industries who use a LOT of carbon dioxide which will end up in the air, from making new carbon dioxide out of fossil fuels.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #1939
tw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
The point is they are preventing these industries who use a LOT of carbon dioxide which will end up in the air, from making new carbon dioxide out of fossil fuels.
Replace that 200 Hp engine that only need produce 8 Hp most of the time. Then massive amounts of gasoline are not burned only to create heat. IOW solve the problem at its source.

That will reduce CO2. But what remains is another problem. Where to put massive amounts of captured CO2.

Currently the oceans have been absorbing massive amounts. Deep ocean studies suggest that may now be diminishing or even ending as CO2 absorbed many decades ago might be coming back to the surface in future decades.

I believe a tunnel in Norway captures exhaust gases and pumps it into expired oil wells. Another solution that still needs plenty of what makes a patriotic American - innovation. The amount of CO2 that must be put somewhere (generated uselessly even by cars) is significantly larger.

Plenty of innovation is necessary. But we have a president who is anti-America. Who loves to subvert innovation in everything he can - including this CO2 problem. He only wants to 'wreck shit'. Since that is what he has done his entire adult life.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:34 PM   #1940
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
What do dump truck carrying CO2 look like?
They look like dump truck floating on cloud.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:42 PM   #1941
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Replace that 200 Hp engine that only need produce 8 Hp most of the time.
So, you would have no problem with your car only being capable of, say, 10 mph. And taking forever to get there? Have any idea how much products would cost if the truck what brung 'em takes FOR FUCKING EVER TO DELIVER SAID PRODUCTS. What happens when that 8 hp truck carrying 50,000 lbs comes to a hill? Or a mountain?

Quote:
Then massive amounts of gasoline are not burned only to create heat.
I'm not sure you understand how an internal combustion engine works. Maybe it's me, I thought the gasoline was burned to make the pistons go up and down...

I've been cold in cars with gasoline burning engines. Guess the weren't burning massive enough amounts of gasoline.

Old 11-03-2019, 10:44 AM   #1942
tw

Quote:
So, you would have no problem with your car only being capable of, say, 10 mph. And taking forever to get there?
Intentionally ignored were well understood facts posted long ago even here. Many who wait to be told what to think even denied parameters such as 'horsepower per liter'. Because propaganda (to protect the most anti-American vehicles) avoids realities. Reasons why and numbers cause eyes to glaze over.

A patriotic design has same acceleration, only outputs less than 8 Hp to maintain over 60 MPH, and does not swallow the extremist propaganda that disparages innovation. To reiterate, using high school physics on a 1960s Oldsmobile, and by worse casing my numbers, I determined it only needed 8 Hp to maintain highway speeds. Engineers in GM then told me that number was 2 or 4 Hp. Numbers that were posted then and still ignored today.

Why does that gasoline engine produce maybe 100 Hp when less than 8 are necessary to maintain highway speeds? Because we have not yet innovated enough. Innovations were even stifled by a scumbag president that enemies of America and mankind love. Only an extremist would say that is the way it must be because it was always that way. These same extremists also ignorantly believe pickup trucks need massively oversized (obsolete technololgy) 5.0+ liter engines. Because that was once the innovation in the 1950s and 60s.

Patriotic Americans want innovation - the advancement of mankind.

Why are most automobile factories in America now from foreign nameplates? Only wacko extremist in the 80s bashed Toyota and other foreign vehicles. Because 1960 American innovations were stifled by American companies. So those innovations (overhead cam, rack and pinion steering, McPherson strut suspensions, stratified charge engines, radial tires ... were rescued by innovative (patriotic American) companies that had foreign nameplates. Extremists knew otherwise because their emotions said so.

How to address a CO2 problem? Better method to capture it are one. Also stop burning so much gasoline to do nothing productive. A $35 tank of gasoline only uses something like $4 of that gasoline to move the car. Since gasoline even at $10 per gallon is inexpensive. And since extremist say global warming is does not exist.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #1943
tw

Quote:
They look like dump truck floating on cloud.
Just like the innovations so commonly found in Star Wars. They were so advanced as to not have nor need dump trucks.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:58 PM   #1944
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Old 11-06-2019, 10:49 PM   #1945
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Oh, our first snow forecast, isn't that special.

Name:  snow.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  21.8 KB

Only a couple hours during the day and won't amount to anything, but it's like the sailors red sky in the morning.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:10 AM   #1946
Griff
still says videotape

Shifting to snow for the pm commute here. Let's be careful out there.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:51 AM   #1947
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Had to break the water in the bird baths yesterday.

They're turned over now.

The bath, not the birds.

Old 11-09-2019, 01:01 PM   #1948
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

birb bath
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #1949
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

They cancelled the snow in favor of rain on Tuesday.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #1950
Griff
still says videotape

We had and kept our snow.
Attached Images