The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 07-10-2019, 01:41 AM   #1
Glinda
Fucktard Resistance League

Pets as Entertainment: Weird Pet Habits

My kitty goon squad consists of:

Zoey: a tiny 14-year-old, polydactyl Domestic Lynx. Zoey is neurotic; she never stops meowing. In the middle of the night, I'll wake up to hear her yowling at the top of her voice as she wanders around the house. If I'm on the phone, she simply MUST get up in my face and yell at me. She won't even stop when I pet and scratch her. I've taken to walking around the house while on the phone, so she can't holler over the voice of the caller.

Scooter Pie: a big, burly 1-year-old gray tabby mutt. Scooter is a spaz; nothing is safe from his inquisitive (and ultimately destructive) nature. He regularly goes into kitty-freak-out mode, zooming around the house, bouncing off the furniture, staring at nothing with a wild, startled look on his face, then zooming off again throughout the house. He also prefers to relax flat on his back, spread-eagle. I don't know. He's just weird. He is entertaining, though.

One of my cats has developed an odd habit. Every morning, I wake up to find that one or the other of my cats (or maybe a poltergeist?) has left a specific kitty toy on the couch where I sit to watch TV at night, or on the floor next to that spot. The kitty toy is an ancient felt catnip-filled mouse that my good neighbor's daughter made for my then-kitties about 10 years ago. Both of those kitties have passed on, but the felt mouse lives on as a favored toy of Zoey and Scoot.

Turns out, I'm not the only person with pets that have odd habits. Here are some of the more hilarious I found online:

Quote:
My cat likes hair ties. He swallowed one once and he proceeded to prance around the living room with the rubber piece hanging out of his asshole. I now have to hide them all so I'm not paying for surgery on his dumb ass.

She knows it makes us uncomfortable. She don't care.

Every time.
My cat used to sit on my couch, like a person would with her 2 back legs outstretched in front of her, and then proceed to bend down and suck on her own nipples while purring very loudly. It was weird.
My cat nurses on his own tail. He will creepily come up and lay really close to you, curl in a ball, and start sucking away at the end of his tail. Sometimes he'll even look you in the eye while he does it.

What odd habits do your pets have?
Glinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:32 AM   #2
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Ah jeez, my dogs were never that creative. The only thing I can think of is they would wind up somehow eating human hair; every once in a while, one would walk back in from pooping with a piece of poop, attached to the hair, dangling four inches down from their butt.

Traumatic for them, hilarious to us.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #3
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
What odd habits do your pets have?
My kitteh just lays there in the backyard. Never gets up. Not for anything. He won't come when called. Then again he's quite dead.

On the upside he don't eat much.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #4
Peterdowe
Belt Conveyor

Awwe, they look so adorable, Glinda!
Peterdowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 12:13 PM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Ok, now that I've read the list of weird-petnesses...

...I'm wondering just how loudly a cat can clean his butthole.

My boy Slick was with us for 20 years, and I'm fairly confident in saying we never heard him perform this necessity.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #6
Glinda

Scooter regularly tries to nurse the crook of my elbow, complete with kneading action, some very loud sucking, slurping noises, and lots of slobber.

He often does this while I'm sitting on the toilet. So unsanitary.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:28 PM   #7
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Does Scooter have a problem with shit sticking to his fur?[/punchline]

Old 07-12-2019, 12:30 PM   #8
Glinda

Old 07-13-2019, 11:05 AM   #9
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian