The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Cellar-related > Cellar Meta
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Cellar Meta Users, threads, etiquette, posting, usage, forums, why this place matters or doesn't

Old 07-01-2010, 05:22 PM   #436
Flint
Snowflake

context lol (literal lol)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Smartass Custard

Interviewing the Smartass Manager

Kopps Frozen Custard

I think if I were Joe B, I'd be working this for the funny, say, doing an FDR impression. "The Only Thing we have to Custard is Custard Itself!!" or "In God We Custard!" or "If We* don't give Tax Relief, it's Custard's Last Stand!" Ba-Dump-Kssshh! I'm here every week; try the veal.

*Royal or imperial "we."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Bill Clinton won the Bosnian War
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:26 AM   #437
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce View Post
Right, because the Republicans did so well by us the previous 8 years.
Oh that's right, they took good care of you wealthy people. Well until the end there, with that little global meltdown and all. But really, the wealthy are bouncing back nicely, even with the hand wringing, they aren't worried about trivial shit like Doctor bills, car payments or food, just about the pudginess of their portfolios.

And who cares about the middle class, they were just a relic from the days when the wealthy needed managers for their mills and factories. But since the wealthy found out they could outsource stuff to countries that make cheap shit, that can't be repaired and must be replaced, they're in clover.

Since the middle class is expendable, we can hardly worry about the rest of the country who are well and truly fucked for many years to come... if not for good.
Yes sir, bring back the rich man's friend, that way the rich man won't have to spend so much on lobbyists, and live happily ever after.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:42 AM   #438
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

The battle is not Muslim vs. nonMuslim

the Imam's words belong here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf
Ninety-nine-plus percent of Muslims all over the world, I assure you, absolutely, totally find extremism abhorrent. Let there be no mistake, Islam categorically rejects the killing of innocent people. Terrorists violate the sanctity of human life and corrupt the meaning of our faith. In no way do they represent our religion. And we must not let them define us. Radical extremists would have us believe in a worldwide battle between Muslims and nonMuslims. That idea is false. The real battlefront today is not between Muslims and nonMuslims, but moderates of all faith traditions against the extremists of all faith traditions.

Last edited by BigV; 09-14-2010 at 10:54 AM.
BigV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #439
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

This is long, long overdue. Fortunately, it continues to get better and more Hall of Fame worthy.

My sincerest congratulations on your success, and my admiration for your perseverance and diligence. You have done *so much* hard work. You deserve a parade!

Clodfobble meets and defeats autism. (some, but not too much poetic license)

The saga begins:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble
My Kid is a Damn Nutter

The older one, I mean. The next time I'm at the pediatrician's office (that would be in January for his little sister's 9-month checkup,) I'm going to ask her at what age it becomes reasonable to examine for hyperactivity and obsessive-compulsive behavior. I mean believe me, I understand that two-year-olds are typically a pain in the ass, and I honestly feel that I am above-average when it comes to being patient with him. But let's consider a few examples:
Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 AM   #440
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMercenary View Post
I completely respect your divergence of my views and will strive to be a better poster to you personally. I publicly apologize if have said anything offensive to you personally, not about our differing views, but about you. Please accept my apology and let's move forward from this point. I can't go back and change some of the things I have said to you, but I acknowledge them and will try to make amends. That is the best I can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Peace.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #441
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot
Our infrastructure is not falling apart because kids make macaroni collages in grade school. Our infrastructure is falling apart because of MBAs.
http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23635
Old 09-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #442
classicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
240.0 today. 4 days early... goal set.... goal achieved. think I'll have a beer.

also... I bounced on the trampoline today for my daughter. It has a 250 lb weight limit, and I told her that one day I would be light enough to use it.... and today... i did a flip on it. I landed on my ass, but i flipped. She was proud of me. We had a good day. mini golf, dinner with my mom, cheerleading practice, and the boy taught me how to ripstick. kids are cool.
For posterity.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #443
classicman

Thumbs up

Quote:

C'mon, we both know the federal government spends a ton on stupid shit, and wastes more than we can count, but your solution is a ridiculous over reaction, borne of frustration. It's not Obama's fault, nor was it Bush's. It's the dirty motherfuckers that we allow to run the government, the congress critters and the lobbyists/corporations. But replacing them with fools like Christine O'Donnell and Rand Paul, who have both sold out to Karl Rove, is stupid beyond belief.

The Republicans have promised small government and lower taxes, forever. But when they were in power, they did exactly the opposite... they lied.
The Democrats lied too, they're all liars. They promised more federal help to the states/people, and while they did give us a federal surplus, they immediately started bickering how they were going to spend it, instead of paying down debt and saving us interest.
They both give us more government, but the Republicans take care of the wealthy, and the Democrats do better by the rest of us. Either way smaller government is a pipe dream, we're not getting rid of them, so the best we can do is hold their feet to the fire, pressure them to do more good.

There was a poster recently, only made one post. He was collecting a huge government pension, I don't remember exactly how much. Well I checked him out on the net, as I do for all the new members I can. He was in two other forums trying to find out how he could screw his credit card company out of thirty odd thousand dollars, and get away with it.
The world is fucked up I tell ya, but don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #444
monster
I hear them call the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint View Post
This thread was doomed when you started it with no input and expected it to magically develop some kind of content.
http://www.cellar.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=23
Old 10-30-2010, 08:22 AM   #445
Spexxvet

Quote:
They are. If the corner butcher poisons you, you can put him out of business, maybe put him in jail, certaunly kick his ass. If a Corporation poisons you, forget it. To walmart or Monsanto you're a pest to be squashed. The only way we can protect ourselves from these giants, is to band together. That's called government, law, and enforcement, and it costs money.

Mr Macho Headstomper thinks he can take care of himself, but he's a fool. When walmart kills or cripples his children, what's he going to do about it, sue them, burn down the store, bitch on the internet? That's not going to help the kid, and he'll be squashed like a grape.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 PM   #446
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

"I love you, Daddy"

jimhelm, when you're right, you're right. I salute you.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:03 PM   #447
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Wow.

Just... wow.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #448
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Quote:
Originally posted by footfootfoot's signature
I am the god of cake

That is so funny! The pictures, too.
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:48 AM   #449
Spexxvet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
Just talking in chat is quite different from announcing it on the board. there are a few other people that know, but they've kept it under their hats as well.

if you want to let it out, you'll have to do it yourself. I'm sorry... i just don't care to get involved in any drama over it. I hold no grudges, or ill will (not that I ever had any reason to), and I wish you well. I'll go as far as saying that I wish I had not been so hard on you before, and that I had been more respectful of your feelings.

I was careless with the effect that the things I say have on the people I say them to, and on the way other people that read them treat that person.

CHEERS
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #450
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

pah. hardly HoF worthy.