Old 11-24-2011, 01:17 PM   #46
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I had a weird one , cellerites and other Cyber folks involved
Ill try and type it out later
Old 11-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #47
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I often dream I hear people calling to me, and sometimes dream I respond.
I swear I heard my Mum calling my name this morning.
And I called back, "I'm getting up now, Mummy!"

Except I haven't called her Mummy for decades.
When I did, I was young enough for her to come into my bedroom to wake me up.
I guess I was drowsing because the alarm went off soon after.

Oddly, I often wake up with a song in my head.
For the first few minutes after waking, I think it is great.
Then I realise it is derivative, repetitive and pretty much nonsensical.

Maybe I should write them down for publishing.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #48
glatt

I was walking downtown, over on K Street. It was the evening rush hour. Not dark yet, but a little grey. Everyone was bustling around, and I noticed a guy in a harness, still attached to a rope or maybe a parachute that was hung up on a pole. It looked like he had just pulled off a stunt, like jumping from a rooftop.

He was just standing there calmly on the sidewalk, and a cop was speaking sternly to him. I didn't know what was going on, but I was quietly disapproving of the cop, because I figured the guy was getting in trouble for pulling off a harmless stunt.

I continued walking half a block or so, and realized that everyone around me was beginning to get scared. I looked up and saw huge clouds of some sort of heavy particulate gas pouring rapidly out of the vents all along the top of this building the guy had just jumped from. The cloud, which looked like poison, was spreading over the whole block, including me. It was still at the roof level and hadn't started hurting anyone yet, but I knew it was only a matter of time. I felt bad for the cop. I had thought poorly of him, but he was right to be stopping the damn terrorist. I paused for a moment to figure out what to do, but realized that if I paused, I would die. But I knew I couldn't outrun the cloud. It was spreading too fast. I didn't know what to do.

And then I woke up, which is the only reason I remember that dream.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #49
Griff
still says videotape

That is some dark shit bro.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:14 PM   #50
glatt

Yeah. I didn't like it so much.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #51
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

I was at a friend's how in Broomall, PA. He told me he bought a bowling alley - just one lane. I said "let's go bowl". He told me that the bowling alley he bought was in Cherry Hill, NJ (about 10 miles away).
Old 12-09-2011, 10:10 AM   #52
infinite monkey
Person who doesn't update the user title

Is it near a Nissan dealership?

We're going bowlin'
So don't lose her in Solon
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:27 PM   #53
Griff
still says videotape

I was sorting pigs yesterday morning, then I realized I had to give back an unfinished surf board I'd borrowed from Ron Paul, so I took care of that, but then it turned out the pigs were politicians.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:03 AM   #54
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I was working back in Asda, as I did in Leicester. But it was Asda in Milton Keynes (different store layout).

I was 20 minutes off finishing my shift when I noticed some of the male staff running in the store. Really running, like flat out in the way you would if your life was in danger. The shutters started to come down and over the tannoy a lady called Heather was asked to identify herself.

I was mildly amused when I saw a customer fold himself into a fetal position under the shelving - I realised he was Israeli and was expecting some sort of attack.

The shutters were then stopped a few feet from the ground by a HUGE man. Enormous. Over 7 foot but broad and muscular too. He was the one after Heather, she was his ex. And he wasn't going to let anyone out of the store until he got her.

While management were negotiating with him I went downstairs (into the toilets from the old Civic Centre) to change out of my uniform. I figured I was now off the clock given that the tills were shut by this drama. Many of my female colleagues were also there, taking the opportunity to get ready for their Christmas Party. I was mildly regretful that I wasn't going at that point, even though I knew I couldn't afford it.

Back up in the store, we were evacuated, but had to provide ID as we left. The chap letting us out just winked at me as he knew I was a staff member pretending to be a customer. I had my little brother with me. He was about 10. That was why I wasn't going to the party.

We filed down a road beside a railway siding and cowered under an open window. The giant man was inside, apparently being counselled, but we were all warned to be absolutely silent, not to provoke him, don't let him even see you let alone make eye contact.

Stevo was half scared and half hysterical. I had to take him by the arms and explain that a sound, any sound could mean the whole crowd was sprayed with gunfire from a semi automatic weapon. This was serious but he could trust me.

Tiger turned up than and we had a cuddle to calm him down.
Also a girl in the class above mine, who was really scared and excited.

I crept round to the entrance, peeping round the door. The crowd went absolutely silent. Not a word, not a shuffle, not a movement. I realised he'd climbed out of the windo and everyone had just frozen and let him past. Two little girls went into the counselling centre to go to the toilet, ashered in by my Deputy Head, so I knew that the area must now be safe.

The last I remember is being told Heather had ben held back at Asda for her own safety, and exhausted by the all drama had fallen asleep.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #55
Griff
still says videotape

yikes!