The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 10-04-2002, 09:48 PM   #331
XAB
sexy kinda

Busted Stuff is alright--my favorite song off of that album is 'Grace is Gone'. But you can download it off the internet anyway.

I am also looking forward to Tori Amos' new album. (OMG have I revealed that I am female ugh)
XAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 11:30 PM   #332
dave

<b>Rammstein - Mutter</b> - Holy Shit-a-mole-y. This is one fucking good album. This is probably the best CD I have bought all year. Top tracks - "Mein Herz Brennt", "Sonne", "Feuer Frei!", "Mutter", "Spieluhr". Jesus is this CD good.
Old 11-23-2002, 12:42 PM   #333
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

Chamber--You and What Army: A guy I work with played guitar in this local band...apparently they broke up a few years ago. Hardcore metal...not bad.
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2002, 10:12 PM   #334
Scred
Wharf Rat

Groove Salad

Ah, how sweet it is. God bless that old curmudgeon Jesse Helms for helping get my internet radio back on the air.

SomaFM - Groove Salad
Scred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 11:30 PM   #335
Cam
dripping with ignorance

I've discovered Cross Canadian Ragweed recently. I hadn't heard of them before, discovered them while using Kazaa. Hopefully can get out and find a CD before I head home for Semester Break.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:48 AM   #336
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

-OZZY-

The new album is pretty cool but to me will never musically top the first few albums that were engineered the old fashioned way, although very pleasing to the ears just in a different way. Musically, it made me think of limp bizkit (:which I sorta' regret and fear factory. You know, with all of the digital additives the school kiddies are eating up these days? I hope that I am not the only one who feels this way, and I am not at all saying that this is not a wonderfull cd or that I regret buying it. I am just so spoiled from even recently enjoying the pioneeringly raw musical themes at the time of it's release, as well as the cleverly written lyrics of the "diary" of a madman.
Old 12-07-2002, 02:41 AM   #337
elSicomoro

Miles Davis--Sketches of Spain, Kind of Blue, Love Songs, and The Best of...The Capitol/Blue Note Years: I have now picked up some "cool" credibility from fellow co-workers. And since I'm in an isolated office, I can listen to my music louder, without anyone bitching about it.

Ozomatli--Ozomatli: I really can't say enough about this CD. If you like Jurassic 5, you really owe it to yourself to buy or burn this. Chali 2na and Cut Chemist from J5 were in Ozo before J5 blew up a few years ago.

Incidentally, that new J5 CD is some good stuff. Now I just need to buy it.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:05 PM   #338
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Has anybody seen my Britney Spears notebook?

Quote:
Originally posted by sycamore
Miles Davis--Sketches of Spain, Kind of Blue, Love Songs, and The Best of...The Capitol/Blue Note Years: I have now picked up some "cool" credibility from fellow co-workers. And since I'm in an isolated office, I can listen to my music louder, without anyone bitching about it.

Ozomatli--Ozomatli: I really can't say enough about this CD. If you like Jurassic 5, you really owe it to yourself to buy or burn this. Chali 2na and Cut Chemist from J5 were in Ozo before J5 blew up a few years ago.

Incidentally, that new J5 CD is some good stuff. Now I just need to buy it.
Not to bitch, but she really is a very sweet and uncompromsingly intelligent young woman who also offers a most objectionable ear and opinion about any otherwise questionable matter at hand. Matter of fact, she is way cooler than I had at first or ever thought to suspect. This investigation is way over. I remember why I wanted her to be in the videos and lip syncing to my asphyxiatedly innebriated vocals as a true life gent who once held a crush upon the stage puppet herself. Justin Timberlake is a lip syncer as well.

"Everyday I write the book"-Elvis Costello".
Old 12-07-2002, 01:17 PM   #339
Griff
still says videotape

I'd let Eli Manning be the judge of that.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:23 PM   #340
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Whatever that means-

I merely invented the MTV godess of sorts, and only after falling short of "manly" ideas. I always sing like a woman after getting royaly stoned and in fact, I used to smoke an ounce a week over ten years ago. I don't regret a single moment to this very day. Cheers!!

: )
Old 12-07-2002, 02:10 PM   #341
dave

<b>The Doors - Strange Days</b> - probably not the best of their main releases, but still definitely very good. All the top tracks are classics. "Love Me Two Times" is one of my all-time top tracks.
Old 12-08-2002, 08:30 AM   #342
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Bitchin' Camaro-

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
<b>The Doors - Strange Days</b> - "Love Me Two Times" is one of my all-time top tracks.
"love me two times, one's for tommorrow/ and one's 'cause I got aids."-Dead Milkmen's rendition aka "bitchin' camaro". Interesting that us yokies in "L.A." couldn't purchase a door's album, much less an eight track until roughly 1976. It simply wasn't available for whatever reason. Another favorite of mine, as far as psychadelia goes is James Marshall Hendrix
Old 12-18-2002, 06:33 PM   #343
elSicomoro

Quite a few here...

Depeche Mode--Exciter, The Singles 86>98, and Violator

Stevie Wonder--Songs in the Key of Life: Mainly disc 1

Recoil--Unsound Methods: One of the finest collaborative pieces out there (in terms of vocalists mixing it up with Alan Wilder).

Radiohead--Amnesiac: I really like this CD...it's probably my favorite Radiohead CD. It just seems to flow incredibly well from beginning to end.

Outkast--Big Boi & Dre Present...: Their greatest hits collection. I don't like a whole lot of "mainstream" hip-hop these days, but I love the way these guys do it...it doesn't sound like the same shit over and over.

Ozomatli--Embrace the Chaos: Nice sophomore set.

Lard--Pure Chewing Satisfaction: For those not in the know, it's Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys on vocals, and Ministry as the backing band. This is the record Ministry should have released, instead of Dark Side of the Spoon, or even Filth Pig.

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion--Acme: Another record that sounds great from start to finish. You "geezers" that like blues might even like this one.

Charles Mingus--Pithecanthropus Erectus: I've been expanding my jazz horizons lately. Purists don't seem to dig Mingus, but this is some dope shit.
Old 12-19-2002, 10:45 AM   #344
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

That's cool.

I've always loved depeche mode and especially their work on "violator", I can't remember the name of the track they incorporated (by sampling I am sure) the base riff from pink floyd's "pillow of winds" into. I remember it was very nice to get high along with it a whole other way. That was so cool.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:01 PM   #345
That Guy
He who reads, sometimes writes.

Re: That's cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by j03L10T
I've always loved depeche mode and especially their work on "violator"...
You mean to tell me that you're not taking credit for it? Absurd must your middle name!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote