The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 11-16-2009, 06:21 AM   #76
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Ever watch a cat torture a mouse before he kills it? Yeah that's real superior.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #77
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
also, making this world a better place for humans is not the key.... we've been trying to do that since day 1, but our attempts has only made it worse in the long run.
Haven't studied history much? The last century alone has been an incredible boon to humanity. We've advanced by every measure you can name. Go ahead, name some measures.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #78
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Naturally occuring immunity to disease (is not one)
Old 11-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #79
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

strip mining?
Old 11-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #80
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Number of W.HI.P.s posting on internet boards.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #81
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertoad View Post
Haven't studied history much? The last century alone has been an incredible boon to humanity. We've advanced by every measure you can name. Go ahead, name some measures.
i was refering to the future ut
Quote:
our attempts has only made it worse in the long run.
these advancments have a cost.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 PM   #82
W.HI.P
Free

you guys still haven't figured out what we are.
we're food.
those that were meant to feed on us have been long gone, we've simply jumped the fence... like chickens out of the hen.
thats why ya'll can't find a purpose for your existence so you cling to these silly pink unicorn stories.
i bet you all think you're on top of the food chain.
i hate to break it you, even though you've broken the fence and escaped, you are still being fed on by various life forms that are ,without doubt, higher than we are on the food chain.
these higher life forms, given our overpopulation, are our true blessings.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:45 PM   #83
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

You've got to put down the crack pipe before you can form a coherent thought, man.

We're food.
Except no one eats us anymore.
Except we're arrogant to think no one eats us.
Because things totally do eat us.

This train-of-thought thing isn't working out so well for you.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #84
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Its those aliens that we act like don't exist - silly clodfobble
Old 11-16-2009, 03:28 PM   #85
Pie
Gone and done

He's channeling L. Ron Hubbard!
Old 11-16-2009, 05:03 PM   #86
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
You've got to put down the crack pipe before you can form a coherent thought, man.

We're food.
Except no one eats us anymore.
Except we're arrogant to think no one eats us.
Because things totally do eat us.

This train-of-thought thing isn't working out so well for you.
The whole threads premise is hashed this way and it is irksome.

Whip don't you feel that you have elevated your mind to judge,jury and wishful thinking executioner for the entire human race? You have renounced unicorns but not the one stemming from your own mind.You are looking for purpose. A grandiose reason for life on this earth but don't find one. Purpose in life is individual. Many seek to better the world. Many wish to harm it. Aren't you being what you hate? or is this just for fun?

Lack of purpose in ones own life doesn't condemn the whole human race. If your purpose is the look down on your own race then I refer you back to your original post or two.

I think this is just one big joke thread though. I don't think you are serious any more. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by skysidhe; 11-16-2009 at 05:26 PM.
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:46 PM   #87
Aliantha
trying hard to be a better person

Humans as a race are just a biological organism like any other. We're born, we do our thing, then we die. Whether there's a God or not is beside the point. We just ARE. There's no other point to existence.

You'll put yourself into one of those mind loops and short ciruit your brain trying to figure out the meaning of life.

Don't you know many people of far greater intellect than anyone here have been pondering this question for thousands of years???
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #88
Pie
Gone and done

…And then, one Thursday, nearly two thousand years after one man had been nailed to a tree for saying how great it would be to be nice to people for a change, a girl sitting on her own in a small café in Rickmansworth suddenly realised what it was that had been going wrong all this time, and she finally knew how the world could be made a good and happy place. This time it was right, it would work, and no one would have to get nailed to anything.
Sadly, however, before she could get to a phone to tell anyone about it, a terrible stupid catastrophe occurred, and the idea was lost forever.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:46 AM   #89
SamIam

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.HI.P View Post
Laughing at cats are ya?
They ruled this earth a lot longer than we have, and they certainly did a better job than we have.
Even with smaller domestic cats today, anyone who lives with one could tell you that cats see us as their slaves, unlike the dog who tends to worship us as if we were gods.
so yeah, the cat, clearly superior, on every level....even within our rulership of this earth, during the roman empire, tens of thousands of people would watch the fight between a cat and a human, and cheer as the superior species was victorious
Oh my, I haven't been paying attention to this thread lately. I had no idea it had become such a riot.

I'm gonna go out on a limb with my kitty here and agree that cats are the superior species.

Think about it. They don't ask stupid questions like why are we here; they don't question the purpose of existance (its to eat cat treats and climb the curtains, stupid). They don't ever say, we live and we die and then what?

Cats keep an eye on the bottom line.
SamIam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:34 PM   #90
W.HI.P
Free

samiam, cute post
poetic pie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliantha View Post
Humans as a race are just a biological organism like any other. We're born, we do our thing, then we die. Whether there's a God or not is beside the point. We just ARE. There's no other point to existence.
i concur

Quote:
You'll put yourself into one of those mind loops and short ciruit your brain trying to figure out the meaning of life.
i think we've had enough ignorance with the whole orthodox, believe and do not question law.
those in power, wether they be religious powers from the past, or goverment powers in the present day, want us to not think.
its within their benefit to keep humanity stupid.
and we are stupid......truly.

Quote:
Don't you know many people of far greater intellect than anyone here have been pondering this question for thousands of years???
yes, and should continue to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysidhe View Post
The whole threads premise is hashed this way and it is irksome.

Whip don't you feel that you have elevated your mind to judge,jury and wishful thinking executioner for the entire human race?
everyone i have ever met is racist or biggoted on some level.
the majority of things that have made everyone i've ever met, racist or biggoted to some degree, are actually based on valid observations.
the mistake people make, is seperating themselves from the people that they are racist or biggoted against.
i simply don't exclude myself from the people i'm pointing at.
i'm pointing at humanity, as a whole, without any seperations, and i have the right to do so, being human.
i may sound extreme at times, but maybe my actual view-points are not as much on the edge as i present them.
perhaps the projection to extremes that i point out are to balance the already opposite extreme viewpoints i see in humanity's perceptions.

Quote:
You have renounced unicorns but not the one stemming from your own mind.
the term unicorn for god, is meant to show any interactions or rituals that involve pink unicorns as insanity.

Quote:
You are looking for purpose. A grandiose reason for life on this earth but don't find one. Purpose in life is individual. Many seek to better the world. Many wish to harm it.
death will bring forth truth, no need to go believing various things without true knowledge.
as far as making the world better or harm it, this is part of my debates.

Quote:
Aren't you being what you hate? or is this just for fun?
no, not for fun.
where exactly did i say anything about me hating?

Quote:
Lack of purpose in ones own life doesn't condemn the whole human race. If your purpose is the look down on your own race then I refer you back to your original post or two.

I think this is just one big joke thread though. I don't think you are serious any more. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt.
sorry to disapoint you.

Clodfobble, i guess you're having some trouble grasping the whole food chain thing, thats ok, i'll help you.
above us on the food chain would be viruses, bacteria, who feed off a lot of life forms, including us.
we might consume fungus, but that does not rank us higher on the food chain than the life forms mentioned above.