Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 02-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #1456
monster
I hear them call the tide

That's why I never let them test my blood
Old 02-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #1457
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
The check engine lights in both vehicles came on within a week of each other. Totally different problems, each about $500 to fix.
I can fix it for pennies. Just take a little strip of black electrical tape, adhere firmly to "check engine" light. Problem solved. :p
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #1458
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

Wonderful. Turns out the $500 fix for the truck didn't actually fix it, and they can't figure out why. They're "looking into it."
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #1459
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

ack Ali, that sucks

Upsetting me today is: I am tired, really really tired. Every part of me aches. I've pulled muscles I didn't know I had, I've fucked my lungs up (temporarily) shovelling fucking rubble and rotted floor covering, my skin isn't very happy either after days and days of dusty work. Have I mentioned I am tired?

Two weekends in a row, plus two frdays and two mondays and one Wednesday we've been clearing out the local party HQ building. Sale completed yesterday at 5pm....it had to be clear, like totaly clear and in a relatively clean state. By we, I mean me and D. Two of us have worked ourselves into the fucking ground on this, to get the party out from under a bloody big albatross just in time for the commercial sector to plummet. We got a few hours of help from a few people when they were able to: J did a bit, my mum helped go through a filing cabinet, a guy from the other constituency spent three hours lifting heavy furniture. But me and D were there throughout. Thirty years accumulated junk and furniture on four floors to deal with. Case files and party records to sort through into confidential waste, recycling and keeping. All furniture had to be either skipped, given away or brought down to one place for the recycling truck on monday morning.

The top floor is derelict: holes in the roof, plaster and rubble all over the floor, rotting lino and floor covering. We (D and I) swept it up and bagged it and got it to the tip. D organised collections of confidential waste, D organised the skip, D organised the recycling crusher van. All whilst working a full week around it and dealing with the solicitor for the sale of the building. I've been trying to keep up with uni work, spend whatever time I can down at the rooms, attend meetings etc etc...all whilst finding every movement painful because I have done something to my lower back and hips.

Last night at 5pm I felt about ready to collapse. Literally. Today I am dog tired and in two hours I have an important meeting to go to. I. Have. Had. Enough.

But...we did it. We got it sold in the teeth of obstructionist bastards. Got ourselves out from under a building that has so many holes and cracks it looks like it's about to sink into the ground any moment. A building we couldn't afford to keep because the party has no income stream (the building was no longer suitable for renting out for meetings, and no longer suitable [safe] for the MP to rent as her office). The bastards (faction) have tried to make it difficult, they like to gnaw on a bone. They wanted us to fail so they can beat us with that stick. Well they can fuck off we've done it
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:55 AM   #1460
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

So you're one of those "working" politicians?
Old 02-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #1461
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Well, I can't compete with DanaC.... wouldn't want to. Ugh.

But. I am upset at having been separated from my pocket knife today. I used it (somewhere... opening envelopes is my last clear memory) and now, it's not where it should be, in my pocket or in my hand. Dammit.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:14 PM   #1462
monster
I hear them call the tide

Buy a new one from Walmart. Guaranteed to make the old one turn up, then return the new one.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #1463
freshnesschronic
Professor

I didn't get to vote in the primaries because I'm newly registered to vote in my Chicago suburb county-----not at U of I in Urbana, IL!!!!!!!! DAMNNNNN
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:14 AM   #1464
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

I'm tired , just fucking tired of irritating people , but every body seem to be eather irritated AT me , because of me , or just irritating in general .

That is all at this time .
Old 02-06-2008, 06:40 AM   #1465
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I've lost my CV and will have to start it from scratch.
Fair enough - the Job Centre will go through it all with me when I see then (next week I think) but I was going to shoot off some crafty applications of my own to get my hand in.

Oh and if you don't know from the other threads I've moaned about it in, I have fruit coloured hair.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #1466
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

There you are...must go find other threads about fruit colored hair!
Shawnee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #1467
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Tink is gone

Temporarily

My loss is Las Vegas' gain
Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 PM   #1468
robsterman1
A worldly dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
Tink is gone

Temporarily

My loss is Las Vegas' gain
Well, better work harder on playing it right next time
Old 02-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #1469
Cicero
Looking forward to open mic night.

I was a flamingo pink once. (my hair) Not good and not cool. What a nightmare! That only works if you are an e-surance animation. I feel your pain sundae...I do.

I had to show up to work in a hat. Then I had to fight to keep it on.

If you aren't naturally red, just stay away from the red box. It's full of demons.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #1470
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Mmm...I do recall one very bad hair accident when I was in my early twenties. I'd previously had henna-red hair which had seemingly pretty much grown out, then decided to go back to my preferred ash blonde...bleach based hair colour used on hair with henna. I ended up with swathes of orangey flame coloured hair mixed in with the ash blonde, wherever the henna was still present. I basically looked like a gonk.
Attached Images

DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss