The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 01-21-2003, 01:52 AM   #16
juju
no one of consequence

Wow, you really have a good point! After all, look at all that punctuation you spelled out! Henceforth, I will believe anything that anyone says so long as it ends with spelled-out punctuation. All logic shall be tossed aside, and that person's views will be completly believed be me. Free ticket, people!

Last edited by juju; 01-21-2003 at 01:56 AM.
juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 08:41 AM   #17
dave

You've ranted and raved about this what seems like a hundred times. It's <b>old</b>, man. I'm tired of it. Period.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:57 AM   #18
smed
Sir Smed to you.

First of all.....this is a MAN dressed as a MAN.
MEN don't have breasts like that just in case you haven't noticed.

From my understanding of this situation....this is the fashion industry's answer to MEN who want to dress like MEN yet still show their BOOBS for whatever freakish reason that may be. And it's not just over the edge...its wrong.

As far as my point regarding weirdo's and homo's in the same category.....my apologies to the homo's. I was merely trying to point out that I'm accepting of what's normally considered 'alternative'......shit that goes over the edge like this.....unacceptable. Even for a side-show, circa 1890's

Lastly - dont tell me how to write and puncuate asshole.

Quote:
Originally posted by juju
Hmmm.. are you sure your comfortable with all those things? How can you be completely comfortable with transvestites and still be repulsed by this picture?

It's very telling that you group homosexuals and transvestites into the same set as freaks and weirdos. If you were really completely cool with them, why are they so weird and freakish?

Also, what is it with people who spell out the word 'period'? It's meant to be a little dot that puncuates your sentence!

smed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 12:16 PM   #19
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by smed
Lastly - dont tell me how to write and puncuate asshole.
I wasn't telling you how to do anything. Just giving my opinion!
Old 01-21-2003, 12:23 PM   #20
juju
no one of consequence

Quote:
Originally posted by dave
You've ranted and raved about this what seems like a hundred times. It's <b>old</b>, man. I'm tired of it. Period.
Yeah, but it still annoys me just as much. There was only one other incident, I think. Besides, of course you're tired of it. You do it!
Old 01-21-2003, 01:42 PM   #21
dave

No, you've gone on about it a number of times.

The fact of the matter is that it is recognized as proper English as an <i>interjection</i>. It's a part of speech (and there's nothing wrong with it) whether you like it or not.
Old 01-21-2003, 01:47 PM   #22
smed
Sir Smed to you.

I gave my 'opinion' about the picture....which is what this forum is designed to reflect....going by the title.

Your opinion was regarding my response.....and I don't really give a shit what you think about my response or my comfort level with homosexuals and other alternative lifestyles.
If you don't agree....that's your perogative.

the picture illustrates MAN BOOBS....as a male member of this species....I feel digusted that the fashion industry considers this depiction a valid representation of what some men may feel looks good in attire.
I disagree....and I'm failry sure that MOST men would.

Furthermore to answer your question regarding my comfort level.....Transvestites have already conceded that they would rather dress like WOMEN and not like MEN....for whatever reason that may be. The picture of this MAN dressed like a MAN, but sporting BOOBS is contrary to most other abnormal expressions of one's confusion with their sexuality. It's not just the extreme....it redefines the extreme and I don't think it has any valid place in fashion today, or society in general. How the fsck do I explain THAT to my kids? At least with a transvestite...I can tell them that "this man prefers to dress like women becasue he has feelings like a women" WTF do I tell them about this? "This man would prefer to dress like a man, but likes having BOOBS" ??

That's enough of this topic....it's pathetic.
From now on I go back to lurking, lest not to offend any MAN-BOOB toting members of the Cellar's society.

Keep your opinions to the subject matter at hand, and you're most likely to ruffle the fewest feathers.

Quote:

I wasn't telling you how to do anything. Just giving my opinion!

Old 01-21-2003, 01:48 PM   #23
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Is it possible to rename an ongoing thread once it degenerates significantly?

This one needs to be renamed "Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah" in order to reflect its current trend.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:17 PM   #24
juju
no one of consequence

I didn't mean for you to take my comments personally. I only wanted to provoke a little discussion, while making some cute jokes in the process.

As far as your views on man-boobs, I do respect your opinion. That's why I was trying to solicit more information from you -- I was curious about what you thought. I wasn't judging you at all. I guess it just came off that way. As to the punctuation thing, I was only trying to be funny. My apologies.
Old 01-21-2003, 03:11 PM   #25
smed
Sir Smed to you.

Apology accepted.
You're entitled to your own opinions.
Somehow the humor never transferred off the page, though.

I'm sorry this thread ever existed....it's been upsetting since it's inception. I guess the 'toad is doing his job and doing it well!
Kudos to the 'toad.

Quote:
I didn't mean for you to take my comments personally. I only wanted to provoke a little discussion, while making some cute jokes in the process.

As far as your views on man-boobs, I do respect your opinion. That's why I was trying to solicit more information from you -- I was curious about what you thought. I wasn't judging you at all. I guess it just came off that way. As to the punctuation thing, I was only trying to be funny. My apologies.

Old 01-21-2003, 05:47 PM   #26
Stress Puppy
Elite Elitist

I gotta say, Smed, you don't understand. You should probably read some information on Transvestite/Transgender/Homosexuality/Sexuality in general before forming society-biased opinions. I mean really, you're spazzing out because someone likes something other than what you think should be liked. How can you say that someone's preference is wrong?

Anyway, a Transvestite probably isn't confused about their sexuality. Indeed, they probably understand it better than you understand your own, as they've obviously done enough thinking about it to realize that they feel more comfortable in women's clothing than what would normally be worn by men (which is a concept I think is stupid anyway. Anyone should wear whatever they feel comfortable in anyway, not what society says they should wear because they have certain bodyparts)

Also, some men do have 'breasts'. Not in the literal sense, obviously, since they don't have the mamory glands (Though I wouldn't rule out that possiblity either), but maybe they were overweight and didn't lose the flab from their chest.

Basically what I'm trying to say here, is that you should just do what you want to do, and let other people do what they want to do (within reason), and not take it personally when someone doesn't think like you. I think you'll be a lot happier that way.
Old 01-21-2003, 06:32 PM   #27
juju
no one of consequence

There was a guy on Sally Jesse Raphael a while back who had boobs. They weren't natural, he had them done by a breast enlargement doctor. He wasn't gay, either. He was completely heterosexual. He was just a really, really hardcore gambler. He and his friends had always been betting each other over bigger and bigger things, and it had finally resulted in this. I forget how much money he won, but part of the deal was that he had to keep them in for something like two years. But he liked them so much that he kept them!

If only I could find reference to in online! Oh well, you'll just have to take my word for it. He was a man with boobs. Not the flabby man-fat kind, either. Real C-cup boobs. Not unusual for a transexual, I suppose, but if he really was a heterosexual who did it only on a bet, it's quite a story.
Old 01-21-2003, 07:01 PM   #28
BrianR
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

I can't find a reference either, but I remember the bet was recognisable implants over the course of one year for a total of $100,000.

Personally, I wouldn't do it for any money but some guys just can't skip a bet.

Brian
Old 01-21-2003, 07:09 PM   #29
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Real C-cup boobs.
Why would you ever leave the house?
Old 01-21-2003, 07:13 PM   #30
juju
no one of consequence

I suppose that's why he decided to keep them. :)