The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 10-05-2001, 02:12 PM   #1
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

10/5: Section 207 cat

With all this cat talk I get to post another one of MY images. At the same game where the cheerleaders were cheering, Rams 1999... I arrived early to beat the traffic, and set up before most of the crowd arrived at the Vet. Walking down to the field, a CAT darted across my path into a big drainage hole!

I looked in the hole and saw the cat there, in it, hidden away from everybody in a safe location.

After the game I would go take shots in the locker room and post-game press conferences. By the time all the activity was over, it was dusk. Nothing else to see. But at the last minute I decided to walk back out there and try to find that cat. And this is what I saw: the cat from section 207.

Pretty eerie. This cat was brazen from its years as a Philly sports spectator. As you can see, though, it didn't go hungry, at least not until the long winter.

I decided it was too risky to put these shots on the Eagles web site so this is pretty much the first anyone is seeing them. Bad thought: I hope it gets out before they implode the stadium in a couple years...
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2001, 03:12 PM   #2
russotto
Professor

I'll bet it won't pay that "license" charge.
russotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 09:05 AM   #3
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

Great! I can use those shots to show the two cats here that if they don't like their food, they can go search on their own. Actually, they seem to prefer each other's food.

Don't you wonder what the cat thought during the game? Though it was probably somehting like, if they make that much noise, they'd better leave me some hamburger...
Katkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 03:13 PM   #4
Slight
Semi-Evil Genius

"How you get so bright eating food of this kind?"
Slight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2001, 06:08 PM   #5
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

I just figured out what the cat is going to do. It is going to wait for the inevitabel rats and mice who will eat anything. As a rodent bites into a ketchup slathered french fry, it will be pounced upon and made into a meal itself.
Old 10-06-2001, 11:54 PM   #6
jaguar
whig

I was just thinking, you should be called toadkeeper now =)
(for the uninated katkeeper is Undertoads mum, which always struck me as very cool, ya mum on ya website =)
Old 10-07-2001, 05:45 AM   #7
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

Toadkeeper? Pretty amusing, come to think of it. But I didn't keep him, he grew up and left.

I was part of a site about 5 years ago, corresponding with others, and it turned out that I had met the mother of one of them. When we discovered that, he wasn't comfortable posting. Of course he had moved to Japan to get far away from home. (I understood why, having met her.) I have been pretty careful about my posts here, because it's Tony's site.
Old 10-07-2001, 11:16 AM   #8
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

My attitude is: fuck it, we're both adults. Funny, everyone else probably has more of a problem with it than either of us do.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 11:29 AM   #9
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
My attitude is: fuck it, we're both adults. Funny, everyone else probably has more of a problem with it than either of us do.
One of these days one of *my* kids is going to show up here, I'm sure. If they haven't already. And if my *mom* does, maybe she'll begin speaking to me again. But I doubt it.

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 11:40 AM   #10
elSicomoro
Person who doesn't update the user title

My mom is still in the learning stages of the internet--sending a high number of chain e-mails (the ones that have been forwarded to you that were forwarded to them, etc.).

I think it's very cool that UT and his mum coexist well together here on the Cellar. (Although she's already said she won't dish any dirt out on him. )
elSicomoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2001, 04:48 PM   #11
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

Well, I suppose I could gie my email address for those who want dirt.
Old 10-07-2001, 08:17 PM   #12
MaggieL
in the Hour of Scampering

Quote:
Originally posted by Katkeeper
Well, I suppose I could gie my email address for those who want dirt.
How cumbersome and inefficient! Just start a thread on the topic. :-)

MaggieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2001, 07:07 AM   #13
Katkeeper
Hoodoo Guru

A thread. Great idea. UT, the ball is in your court...
Old 10-08-2001, 07:52 AM   #14
jaguar
whig

This should be funny.
Thank god mum is pretty much computer illiterate beyond the stuff she needs for work,
Persally i think its very cool, we'va had this conversation before.

I spose i find it interesting coz i'm still at an age where i can't stand mum (well least not for more than about 5 minutes at a time unless you want ww3)

Argh when i hear UT i think the game....
Old 10-08-2001, 08:38 AM   #15
TheDollyLlama
Do-er of Deeds

bout time

This is veteran's stadium, right? It's about time they built a new one. I was there for the Army Navy game '98. A whole section of railing broke and dumped a whole bunch of army prepsters down about 8 feet onto the turf. That place needs to be torn down. Have you seen the new stadium in baltimore? Now that one's sweet.

btw, being on the navy side when that incident happened, i can't say i was TOO broken up..
TheDollyLlama is offline   Reply With Quote