The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 01-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #8746
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

BigV - I wanted to address this last night but was too tired but I will here now.

yeah, i saw that she posted she didn't trust HR. Nobody trusts HR; you're right-they are there to protect the company. unfortunately they also hold the fmla papers she needed to cover her ass. that's why I advised her to ask for the paperwork and say absolutely nada else. Inquisitive, "helpful" HR person, "Oh, you need fmla papers? Is your child or you sick you poor thing?"

you answer, "May I have the FMLA papers please?" ad nauseum. Never answer those snakes. just take what you need and get out. EAP works for the company, too. You think they give a rat's ass whether you're about to pop yourself out of existence? Nope, they're there to make sure you don't hurt the company.

I'm well aware of these corporate games and "helplines" all one big fucking joke.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:25 AM   #8747
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Stop that right this minute! You're a married man and father of daughters!
Oh, that's ok, monster. I'm pulling for you too!

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #8748
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Threw up my breakfast again yesterday.
Called school to explain. Called later in the day to check I could come in tomorrow (Thursday- today) and was told because I'd been sick I had to be off 48 hours.

I was seriously aggrieved.
I was off work most of December.
I did not need another two days off.
Throwing up in the mornings is liver related, you can't catch it.

But because I'm sober these days, less ashamed and more sensible, I called to speak to the Head today.
I was able to get a doctor's appointment at 09.00 tomorrow (Friday) because of a cancellation.
My H was very kind and reassuring. I was able to say that I'd been upset that I couldn't return to school, but I also voiced that I had no issues with him or the school. I know he has a job to do and he has been very good to me throughtout my troubles.

Apparently the right thing to do is call the school and simply say when I will be in. Any report of vomiting comes under official guidelines. He even said if it continued to be a probem they might consider changig my start time. I don't think it willcome to that as long as I keep it on the quiet.

So although this is in the Upset Thread it could just as well be in the Happy Thread. I work for good people and the only nagging fear is how much I have let them down.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #8749
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

Oh, Cherry Berry! I'm sorry this thing is taking you away from your beloved job/children. You're getting better, every day, you are, you ARE. blessings to you. At least they understand at school.

I spoke with anon and she is better, says she can feel you guys pulling for her and is getting some perspective. Her mail/house are being taken care of. She does not care to see anyone (I offered to bring her some real food) but she just wants to focus on herself and get better ASAP. She feels safe and is glad she is where she is.

She tells you all thank you.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #8750
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

thanks for the update.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #8751
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
Oh, Cherry Berry! I'm sorry this thing is taking you away from your beloved job/children. You're getting better, every day, you are, you ARE. blessings to you. At least they understand at school.
Amen to that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
I spoke with anon and she is better, says she can feel you guys pulling for her and is getting some perspective. Her mail/house are being taken care of. She does not care to see anyone (I offered to bring her some real food) but she just wants to focus on herself and get better ASAP. She feels safe and is glad she is where she is.

She tells you all thank you.
Amen to that too! So, SO glad she is in a safe place.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #8752
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

You're a kind lady, Tril x
Old 01-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #8753
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Glad to hear she's feeling safe and is getting the help she needs. And thanks for the updates Tril.

@ Sundae: remember everything you have said to others about alcohol dependency being an illness. You haven't let the school down. You have experienced a period of ill health, including the various symptoms associated with alcohol dependency.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #8754
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Quote:
... including the various symptoms associated with recovering from / ending alcohol dependency.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #8755
DanaC

Good point.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #8756
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Went to the docs today.
She said the threaded veins (spots) on my chest and back and arms won't go away. Not ever not never. So I'm stuck with them. No more cleavage showage.

She gave me a prescription for my morning nausea. Not a cure - she says my body has gone through a long period of stress and this is simply something to help it cope. Take every morning and there should be no more vomiting.

She was surprised and confused that I hadn't had a liver scan. You know, Tril has been on at me since last year to ask for more help - turns out she's right (the GP is one of the senior partners, it's Hobson's Choice who you get to see). So I will get a letter for a hospital appointment for that. She also wants me to have another blood test asap to make sure all is well. Turns out my liver damage is actually very slight. But she's concerned about some of the other symptoms. Being teetotal is never a bad move, liver-wise, but there may be more going on. Nice.

Oh and when I got down to Reception and asked for a blood test the earliest they could give me was in a fortnight. Not next Friday, the Friday after. So let's hope it's nothing serious, eh?

ETA thanks for the encouraging words peeps.
I do take them on board.

Last edited by Sundae; 01-18-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #8757
orthodoc
Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian

Glad you got someone who took a closer look. Two weeks to get lab work done! Sounds like Ontario (actually you could probably get the blood drawn promptly, but getting the result would take a month). Good luck, hope the news is good ...
Old 01-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #8758
DanaC

I suspect there's a bit of a peak of bloodtests going on this time of year. GPs tend to be very busy during the colder months generally too.

Glad to hear the liver damage isn't as bad as you thought. Maybe the other thing going on is a persistent infection? The antibiotics might not have fully cleared it the first time.

Anyways, at least now you're seeing a decent doctor who is taking appropriate medical steps to figure out what, why and how to treat. That's definitely good news.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #8759
DanaC

Also, haven't tried myself (though intend to at some point) but bio-oil might help reduce the apperance of threadveins. Anecdotally it seems to have some good effect. But, it was designed for scar healing, so there's no real data on its effect on thread veins.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #8760
Chocolatl
Glutton for Gluttony

Hope they can help you get sorted out, Sundae. Best wishes, as always.
Chocolatl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
swiss