The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Images > Image of the Day

Image of the Day Images that will blow your mind - every day. [Blog] [RSS] [XML]

Old 08-06-2008, 01:52 AM   #31
Scriveyn
amnesic-confabulatory opsimath

... and like Sudan (Darfur), Birma, Zimbabwe or take your pick from the middle east countries, to mention just a few.
Scriveyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:02 AM   #32
spudcon
Beware of potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriveyn View Post
... and like Sudan (Darfur), Birma, Zimbabwe or take your pick from the middle east countries, to mention just a few.
And did people bring their kids out to watch too?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #33
Shawnee123
Why, you're a regular Alfred E Einstein, ain't ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
Snip(I agree with Coign, it seems like most people are more concerned with children seeing nudity and love than violence and hate. I don't understand that.) When was the last time you saw painted up machine gun murderers getting together and riding through the streets committing violence?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coign View Post
~snip~
Now I like to see both violence and nudity.~snip~
Coign likes violence AND nudity, though.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:21 AM   #34
Coign
Wanted Driver

I would be a hypocrite if I didn't say I liked violence. I am a huge fan of movies like Shoot 'Em Up, Sin City, and 300. I own a number of the GTA games. One of my favorite shows on TV is Supernatural. And when Clair from Heroes had to push her ribs back when they were sticking out of her chest, or when Peter had to pry himself off of that car with the broken piece of metal sticking through his chest? Hell who isn't a fan of violence?

But raising children around these types of violence and then to say, oh a naked person is downright evil. Granted if my child saw a naked person who was chasing them down the street, I would teach them that is bad. Just as bad as if they saw the same event and the guy was holding a large machete. But seeing a machete wielding manic on TV or seeing a naked person on TV? Is either one going to destroy the psyche of our future?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #35
Coign
Wanted Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudcon View Post
And did people bring their kids out to watch too?
My argument to this comment is have you seen who is wielding those guns? They start them around age 14. Yeah, I think the kids are not watching because they are participating as foot soldiers.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM   #36
Shawnee123

I don't mind seeing nekkid people, but these bike peeps in the photo are not particularly attractive subjects, especially being bent over like that. Not that I would look any better, mind you, but I just wouldn't have my painted parts out there to show the world. I'm ugly AND shy.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:32 AM   #37
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Maybe they're trying to raise kids that don't equate nudity with naughty, dirty sex. Maybe they like the idea of their children getting a good look at all kinds of body types (obviously enjoying themselves and not concerned with all the people with think they're fat and saggy) and not just the ones ones beautiful enough for tv and magazines.

I agree with Coign, it seems like most people are more concerned with children seeing nudity and love than violence and hate. I don't understand that.
Jinx has a point. One which have supported most of my adult life. We are so hung up on nudity and sex that the bigger issues of what we expose our kids to is missed. You rock Jinxster.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #38
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Thank God!!! After seeing the second pic, I don't feel as inadequate as I usually do after seeing things that resemble peni. And those do resemble peni, only smaller. Feels good to feel adequate, for once.:p

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #39
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus View Post
The risk of crashing is inversely proportional to velocity, but the severity of injury is a function of the cube of velocity times the square of nakidity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdclaw View Post
Kinda scared to ask but what is the square of nakidity?
Not be a stickler, but shouldn't it read 'pube' of velocity. Wouldn't that be more in line with a pubic measure?

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:41 AM   #40
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

On nudity Vs. violence:

Remember the boob-flash at the superbowl? I was quite amused to see many people go into a pink fit (sorry ) over a glimpse of a nipple but not be at all concerned by the organised personal violence that followed. To my point of view, that's some weird priorities.

I like to watch football (of many varieties - not so keen on the US kind but nevermind). I like to watch breasts too (pretty much any variety). Love the way they bounce.

I don't think young kids should be allowed to see football until they are old enough to grasp the point about there being appropriate times and places for certain behaviour. Anyone who has tried to prevent a four-year-old from crash-tackling his little sister should see my reasoning.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #41
Shawnee123

The only problem I had with FlashBreast is that it was so obviously set up to get exactly the reaction that ensued. People are gullible.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:19 AM   #42
Armygrognard
Non-Newbie Sort

Why?

Why is it that those that want to go naked are always ugly fat cows??? This does NOT fit into my fantasy world.
Armygrognard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:23 PM   #43
Tree Fae
Major Inhabitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armygrognard View Post
Why is it that those that want to go naked are always ugly fat cows??? This does NOT fit into my fantasy world.
Your fantasy world is sadly very limited I guess. Anyone comfortable enough to go nude is a beautiful person who is confidant in themselves. All you are seeing is the outside, thats too bad because you are missing out out the real person.

Going nude puts you in touch with your world more than anything else you can do. Comments like yours is what makes it hard for people to be who they can be.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #44
SPUCK
Professor

And what does it do for others?

Nuth Ing.

I'm with Armygrognard.
SPUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:42 AM   #45
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Oh but unless you're assuming the answer for everybody, you meant to say "what does it do for me?" And I'm sure absolutely nobody cares about the answer, so there's no need to ask the question. Nobody has a duty to tickle your nutsack.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote