The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 08-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #1
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

What's freaking you out today?

Freaking me out today was an incident on the train on the way home from work.

There is a chap who often catches the train who is a little bit special, shall we say, some kind of advanced Ralph Wiggum situation. His Hi-Vis vest and steel cap boots indicate some kind of physical job, and he can catch trains by himself etc so he is getting by okay, but he has a few rather odd habits.

In particular, he is constantly swinging his head back and forth (very much like this guy ), and frequently gives a running commentary on his thoughts, as well as initiating rather one-sided conversations with anyone around.

I was sitting in a forward facing seat, and he sat in the backward facing seat directly behind me; thus his head was maybe 15 cm behind mine. No problem. He started his monologue. No problem. He was swinging his head from side to side - not itself a problem, but it created the effect that I would hear a few words closer to one ear, then a few equidistant from both, then a few closer to the other, then back in the middle, and so on, back and forth, so the effect I got was this somewhat rambling flow-of-consciousness voice feeling as if it were bouncing around inside my own head!!!

Whooooaaaoooohhhhh maaannnnn.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #2
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Lay off the psychedelics zen, or at least share. :P

I'm still nervous from almost getting hit in the parking lot yesterday. I was right behind a HUGE suburban when it started backing up.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
casimendocina
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
Freaking me out today was an incident on the train on the way home from work.

There is a chap who often catches the train who is a little bit special, shall we say, some kind of advanced Ralph Wiggum situation. His Hi-Vis vest and steel cap boots indicate some kind of physical job, and he can catch trains by himself etc so he is getting by okay, but he has a few rather odd habits.

In particular, he is constantly swinging his head back and forth (very much like this guy ), and frequently gives a running commentary on his thoughts, as well as initiating rather one-sided conversations with anyone around.

I was sitting in a forward facing seat, and he sat in the backward facing seat directly behind me; thus his head was maybe 15 cm behind mine. No problem. He started his monologue. No problem. He was swinging his head from side to side - not itself a problem, but it created the effect that I would hear a few words closer to one ear, then a few equidistant from both, then a few closer to the other, then back in the middle, and so on, back and forth, so the effect I got was this somewhat rambling flow-of-consciousness voice feeling as if it were bouncing around inside my own head!!!

Whooooaaaoooohhhhh maaannnnn.
Is the feeling of rambling flow of consciousness still there?
casimendocina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:34 AM   #4
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Is the feeling of a rambling flow of consciousness still there?

definitely - seems to be improving too.

(Those who know, know)
Old 08-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
Cloud

My scalp has a sore patch, like a whole hunk of hair was ripped out.

But it wasn't, and it's still sore after a week. Dunno what gives, but . . .

it's freaking me out!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #6
Griff
still says videotape

Last week of teaching summer school and we had a lice outbreak! *itch* *itch* *itch*
Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #7
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

The fact I wrote a whole post about a paedo on my estate and Diz stepped on the keyboard and deleted the lot.

Sorry - freaked out? No, fucking furious.
About the message I mean. Although the paedo thing will be freaky when I finally have the heart to repeat it.