The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 02-29-2020, 08:25 AM   #1
Griff
still says videotape

I blame.......for our present shit show.

Who do you blame for the state of 'merica politics?

I blame Bill Clinton for our present shit show.
Bill opened the DNC for business with business. He moved the party to the middle right taking care of corporations rather than working people. This flooded the democrats with money but lost them the workers they could have pulled back from Reagan, leaving the Dems beholden to big money and identity politics. The GOP grabbed abortion and anti-gay rhetoric bleeding moderates while keeping their corporate donors, which gets you Trump from pissed off voters.
Attached Images

Old 02-29-2020, 09:01 AM   #2
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

Who do you blame for the state of 'merica politics?

Americans.

Clinton didn't ascend to the throne by way of noble mandate.

No, we hired him.

It's our fault, all of it.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:08 AM   #3
Griff
still says videotape

You're not wrong.
Old 02-29-2020, 09:15 AM   #4
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

I blame sound bites. I've heard tell that sound bites are what's causing our present shit show. Sound bites are the root of all evil. Only the military should have sound bites for use against our enemies in psychological operations. There's no reason for civilians to have sound bites in view of the mass political destruction they cause. SOUND BITES KILL political discourse. People have no defense against them. We need a Constitutional Amendment to exempt the use of sound bites from freedom of expression. Sound bites have even been denounced right here in The Cellar and if you see it here it must be true.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:29 AM   #5
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I blame social media/the interweb for our present shit show.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 03:37 PM   #6
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

And there is the preposterous sally from Team Dem to blame Trump for the spread (I think that's their particular grating statement) of Coronavirus/COVID-19. Citing an erroneous idea that CDC funding had been slashed by the pen and the desires of The Donald, also that instantaneous, hasty official organization about it did not occur the hour they started yapping about the virus -- you know, rather than the actual beginnings of government effort on the problem starting January 2019.

There's village idiots,and national ones. What'll it be next, the Wisconsinian Glaciation? Chilling effect.

Obama might have dubbed the undiscovered fault that announced its existence in that temblor that jiggled Washington some years back the "Not Bush's Fault." But he did not pounce on the opportunity.
Old 02-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #7
monster
I hear them call the tide

I blame Flint.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:37 PM   #8
monster

but blame doesn't help solve the problem.

More important is who you gonna call?

Old 02-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #9
monster

...although I think calling clodfobble would probably be a more likely to lead to a solution.

(I initially mistyped "coldfobble". sounds like an unpleasant medical condition)
Old 02-29-2020, 08:37 PM   #10
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

That must be what we're all sick with in House Fob! Definitely not coronavirus, nothing to see here folks, move right along...

This morning I left the house for the first time since Tuesday afternoon, to stock up on much-needed groceries. I tend toward the morning hours in general because our store is popular and undersized, and let me tell you: there were *way* more people there than usual for 8:30 on a Saturday. I suspect it got worse as the day went on. Whether or not people are actually afraid of the medical risks, they are starting to believe that some major lifestyle inconveniences are coming in the next few weeks, amd prepping accordingly.

Printed signs were taped to every pharmacy window declaring they had no masks to sell.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 10:37 PM   #11
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

I think the word clodfobble sounds like a Kamasutra position that's 50/50 pain/pleasure.

I'm blaming Putin.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:33 AM   #12
Urbane Guerrilla
Person who doesn't update the user title

Was it you he Putin that posture? Sympathies.

Somewhere about the 'net, by the magic of Photoshop, there's an image of the barechested Putin in the saddle -- riding a scaled-up spotted hyena.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:30 AM   #13
Griff
still says videotape

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
but blame doesn't help solve the problem.

More important is who you gonna call?

I think we're calling Bernie. Only he and Warren would move the party sufficiently left to recreate a balance and send moderate Republicans home. If we go Biden we continue this middle way nonsense which will lead to more theatrical absurdity on the right. I don't want a one party state. The GOP has painted itself into a corner it doesn't have the ability to leave on its own. The Dems may have to help them out.
Old 03-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #14
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
… this middle way nonsense which will lead to more theatrical absurdity on the right. ...
Say what? You're already tired of Donald Trump's Flying Circus and are looking now for something completely different?

RELEASE THE KILLER RABBIT!
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:21 AM   #15
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

15 posts in and nobody has mentioned the Russians...!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote