The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Nothingland

Nothingland Something about nothing - game threads, diversions, time-wasters

Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #16
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

I just wrapped up a gluten-free cooking class and received rave reviews, but I can't really appreciate tham right now, because I'm in panic mode because it's the end of the school year and I have realized that change, no matter how well-planned, freaks me out almost as much as it does my kids.
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #17
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Both of these things are amazing. A shed-sleeping orchestra player? Surviving outside in Australia for three days without dying by something horribly poisonous?

Yesterday I went to class and fell asleep in the park afterwards like a hobo.
sad_winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #18
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_winslow View Post
Oh god, what did you do to the front door? Did you have a "Shining" moment?
Well, now that fines are paid and time served has been credited, I guess I can tell it.

I had a "Walking Tall" moment whilst being called a motherfucker and having said front door slammed in my face. Damn hollow doors, damn rotten hinges...still hollow doors and door frames are easily found at the salvage bldg materials stores.

All tolled I got out for less than $1000. Thank God for hollow doors.

On the plus side: I've now heard every single person who lives in that house call their barking little shit machine down, several times, and the dude has done it more than any of them.

Like a bad neighbor, Gravdigr's there.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:49 PM   #19
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Change is terrifying.

Just last night as I was laying in bed thinking I felt my chest start squeezing and it got difficult to breathe as I considered that today it's likely I'll have the non-refundable deposit paid on the rental in my new university town, that this is the last week of the last semester for me ever here at my community college with all the professors I've gotten to know and friends I've made, and so on. I don't handle big change well. Probably going to have a heart attack one of these days.

Gluten-free is kinda interesting. Also sometimes kinda gross in my experience. Congratulations on the class though, you must be doing something right with it

Oh god. One of those yap-and-crap neighbors, tough to blame you too much. I live in the rear of a duplex, and the front occupant has had the same kind of issue many times with the next door buildings to the point of the police being called to moderate. The duplex neighbors also have utterly rotten children that compound the problem with the dog neighbor. Good times all around - I just chill out on the porch of my back apartment and listen and laugh.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #20
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
...and I have realized that change, no matter how well-planned, freaks me out...
Quote:
Change is terrifying...
[Mr. Mackey]Change is bad, mmkay?[/Mr. Mackey]

I don't do too well w/change.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

No wonder you're uncomfortable. You lot voted for Change You Can Believe In [TM], not Change That Actually Happens.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:23 AM   #22
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Clearly this is a very political thread talking about political things and I can easily see how we can blame Obama for all of our problems. If only I'd voted Ron Paul.

Huh?
Old 05-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #23
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
No wonder you're uncomfortable. You lot voted for Change You Can Believe In [TM], not Change That Actually Happens.
Oh, shit definitely changed.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:48 PM   #24
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Oh, shit definitely changed.
Sure did! I converted to Islam shortly before the election to gain acceptance with our Kenyan overlord. Down with infidels, damn your freedoms etc etc.

I hate politics. I hate politics right in the face.

I'm currently taking a break from studying for the Make Or Break organic chemistry final monday at 8am. If I don't pass the final, I don't pass the class, and that could put my whole transfer/future career/life in jeopardy. No stress.

Think I'm going to crawl my arse up out of starbucks and go for a walk.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #25
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

A small update... I passed organic chemitry this morning.

I'm going to full university in the fall for reals.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #26
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Well done, mate! Be proud. Just because your dad isn't here to share his pride in you, doesn't mean you shouldn't feel it (I know whereof I speak).
Good for you!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #27
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Congratulations!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #28
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
A small update... I passed organic chemitry this morning.

I'm going to full university in the fall for reals.
how'd you do in spelling?

Old 05-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #29
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Are you suggesting he isn't very smrt?
Old 05-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #30
sad_winslow
Big McLargeHuge

I are gud in speling, but its gramer i aint lernt at yet.

Honestly today has been a blur.

I asked the professor if he'd grade my exam right after the session and he graciously did. I sat wringing my hands anxiously, about to keel over, when he said "You got a B. B as in Boy." I'm pretty sure I turned white as a sheet and _really_ started shaking as he shook my hand and congratulated me. After stammering some goodbyes I went outside for some air, and I barely even remember the rest of the day.

I think I went bowling, of all things. I haven't done that in 15 years.

Thanks for the support, folks. Now I don't even know what to do except remember how to take a breath before I start preparing to move for the fall and working towards completion on my bachelor's.

Completing this chemistry course and the one other class I took this semester netted me four associate's degrees (two general studies/transfer, one social and behavioral science, and one natural sciences and math) and a certificate in integrative studies in women and gender.