The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Sports

Sports My tribe can beat up your tribe

Old 04-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #46
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Maybe "heads up" is Tennesseean for "emergency services please deploy".
Old 04-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #47
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Justin Bethel. 60 inch vertical. If there's anything else to say, I don't know wtf it'd be.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #48
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Lavarn Harvell rearranging Tony Pietrantonio's face. And ears.

Name:  268976-lavarn-harvell-knockout-punch-smashes-tony-pietrantonio-s-face-in-temp.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  78.8 KB

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #49
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
Justin Bethel. 60 inch vertical. If there's anything else to say, I don't know wtf it'd be.

That is impressive hops, for sure.

Not to split hairs, but I would measure an effective vertical by what you are able to reach--overhead, not by how tight you can tuck your heels. (This is based on the assumption that the purpose of a vertical is to do awesome slam dunks, like over dudes heads and what-not. By no means the only reason to develop a vertical--it's just the only thing I ever did with it.)
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:02 PM   #50
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Yeah, I mis-spoke. The vid referred to it as a box jump...we called 'em table jumps when I was in school.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #51
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Maybe ya can't tell without the Crown Royal hat, but, that's Troy Tulowitzki getting, uh...

Name:  Its-what-you-think.jpg
Views: 1004
Size:  52.4 KB

...I'm not sure what's going on there.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #52
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

Quote:
A night after a foul ball by teammate Dexter Fowler struck near his left knee, Tulowitzki returned to Colorado's starting lineup Tuesday against the San Francisco Giants despite some soreness in his leg.

Tulowitzki had yet to see a replay of the incident - and isn't sure he'd want to watch one anyway. He said he'll still stand on the dugout steps - something he has done his entire career - before he's on-deck but will certainly do more to shield himself.

''Maybe not like on the top, top step,'' Tulowitzki said. ''I've been standing up there forever. But I guess all it takes is one time.''

Colorado knows the injury to its star shortstop could've been far worse.

Fowler sent a line drive into the Rockies' dugout along first base in the eighth inning of San Francisco's 3-2 victory Monday night. After being examined by athletic trainer Keith Dugger, Tulowitzki stayed in the game and took his turn at-bat.

He reached on an infield single against Javier Lopez but hobbled to the base, clearly in pain. Manager Jim Tracy and Dugger hustled out to first and Tulowitzki was lifted for pinch-runner Chris Nelson.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #53
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

It was more fun not knowing.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #54
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I neglected to get any info on this, but:

Take two of these and see if you can call me in the morning.

Or:

"Hit me I'm wide open!"
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2012, 11:28 AM   #55
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  ap-201205280941348757117.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  17.6 KB

Old 05-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #56
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

To get the full effect here, keep in mind the fellow being held up over Tendai "The Beast" Mtawarira's head is Anton Bresler, and he weighs 247 lbs. And w/Beast's arms fully extended, and the full 247 lbs dangling behind his back...

Old 06-06-2012, 05:05 AM   #57
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravdigr View Post
To get the full effect here, keep in mind the fellow being held up over Tendai "The Beast" Mtawarira's head is Anton Bresler, and he weighs 247 lbs. And w/Beast's arms fully extended, and the full 247 lbs dangling behind his back...

Got to love that game...
Old 06-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #58
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  box_g_neiman11_600.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  81.3 KB

Painter LeRoy Nieman & The Greatest, in front of Nieman's painting of Ali.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:16 PM   #59
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Name:  grbrty.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  50.9 KB

Brent Bloom urges on his frog, "Jumping Bob", at the Jumping Frog Jubilee, Sunday, May 20, 2012, in Calaveras County, Calif.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:44 PM   #60
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Tennis? Balls.